Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

steviewonder36 said:
Eddie bashing time again, poor little Kangaroos being beaten around the ears by the big boys in the league.

Big boys in the League? Can't be talking about your mob then can you??

windsock said:
I have a copy of the Collingwood Encyclopaedia in front of me right now (don't ask why) and after a quick flick I can't see a black backed jumper anywhere in here.

Regardless of whether they did have this version at some other stage in their existence, haven't the Pies changed their strip since Eddie came to power? And I could be completely off beam, but wasn't it at the behest of one of their sponsors?

Look, in Ed's defence, it must be hard to be successful in every other facet of life but to follow a team that's won next to nothing in his lifetime. Heck even a club that's subserviant to his has won 4 flags in that time.

boohoo! should we give his tissues cause his team sucks and his coach is a sore loser

gee i wish i worth 20million and more. it must be so sad being eddie

romanwfw said:
boohoo! should we give his tissues cause his team sucks and his coach is a sore loser

gee i wish i worth 20million and more. it must be so sad being eddie

You're funny, I think.

Is this 'media release' for real? I can't see it posted anywhere.

And if it is, well....big deal.

Get over it. Be grateful we keep you solvent.

steviewonder36 said:
Eddie bashing time again, poor little Kangaroos being beaten around the ears by the big boys in the league.

Canberra can't stand you either, only go to see the Swans/Roos games for the Swans, couldn't give a stuff about your team.
Ladder, bitch.

North Melbourne 104

Collingwood 98

Sadly thats the problem with Collingwood, they live so high off this past glory, all this chest pumping we are the pies crap. Then there's all the crud about afl superpower and draw card, well guess what it's pathetic.

It's a sixteen team competition, namely the AFL, not the collingwood footy league or the Eddie football league the AFL.

The entire original VFL teams voted too allow interstate teams, especially to drag the then VFL out of the Poo. So from that day on everything is different, and I don't care I suppose if the afll want they can design the clubs a jumper and tell them to wear it, do you realise if Collingwood were booted out of the afl or left of their own accord they can't even use the name collingwood magpies?

Now just shut your putrid holes and get in line

EB&W Pieman said:
Get over it. Be grateful we keep you solvent.

Big deal get over it.

Your just lucky we let your club get early picks to keep topping up the rabble you put on the park each week.

If Collingwood gave a stuff about 'heritage' they wouldn't have left Victoria Park, it is just a case of selective fanatasism. it is one thing to be fanatical when it suits you, another to be consistant about it.

I think the AFL should allow Collingwood to play in the uniform that the CFC first played when the VFL was introduced. If they want to run around in their long-johns then let them knock themselves out.

To me the jumper means absoultely nothing. It is just another irrelevancy. I love our blue jumper with the white Kangaroo on it and am happy for the club to play in that, because it looks good. I couldn't give a stuff if it suits Collingwood or not. Hell, we should play in our blue and white stripes just for Collingwood home games. :p

Eddie should know better, he has been corrected about the equalisation fund a number of times. The money for it comes from blockbuster games where Collingwood or any other team have no right or claim to them. All the clubs involved in them know that the AFL takes a bit off the top and it goes to clubs with off-field issues. 1.5 million to Bulldogs, 1.5 million to Melbourne and 1 million to North.

Our club does not make a huge fuss or make waves, especially during a period where we are being helped out. But, if Eddie is going to claim to be a professional president, commentator, etc he should know better than that. You either say the truth or say nothing at all.

He should be very careful though, any stupid comments he makes that gets him into hot water as the president of the CFC will mean it will be the club that pays the price. You would not want you president to be making incorrect defamatory statements. North wouldn't do anything about it, I imagine other clubs would if Eddie implies other clubs are lackeys to his club.

You have to be very careful what you say this day and age.

Tas said:
To me the jumper means absoultely nothing. It is just another irrelevancy.

And therein lies the difference. To me, and nearly all Collingwood supporters would agree with me, the jumper means EVERYTHING!

Black and whites stripes is Collingwood, it is who we are. Any other jumper, any other colours, or design, and it just aint Collingwood anymore.

It would be tearing the soul out of our club, and i for one, as a paying member will not tolerate it, and I expect, no, I demand that Eddie does everything in power to keep our jumper as it, as it always has been...black and white stripes.

And if the AFL enforce this on us, then I would expect our president to fight it all the way, to the courts if necessary.

Now if your jumper means absolutely nothing to you, then fine, thats your perogative. However, don't force my club to change the jumper WHICH DOES MEAN SOMETHING TO ME! (wasn't directed at you Tas, just other supporters in general). ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie will bring up anything to spin the attention away from Collingwood's problems.

Clubs like the McGuire run Collingwood are the very reason why we have a commission - to protect clubs from themselves. Eddie can bring the $$$'s in the door no doubt, but his Collingwood centric view of the universe combined with his financial clout would provide a lethal combination to the competition without a commission.

Eddie and Collingwood have profited more than anyone from the successful expansion of the AFL. In his deluded reality, he equates this with Collingwood propping up the comp, when in fact they have simply made more from a bigger pie because they already had the biggest slice. He choses to ignore 15 other clubs have also helped expand the competition.

JeffDunne said:
Eddie will bring up anything to spin the attention away from Collingwood's problems.

Clubs like the McGuire run Collingwood are the very reason why we have a commission - to protect clubs from themselves. Eddie can bring the $$$'s in the door no doubt, but his Collingwood centric view of the universe combined with his financial clout would provide a lethal combination to the competition without a commission.

Eddie and Collingwood have profited more than anyone from the successful expansion of the AFL. In his deluded reality, he equates this with Collingwood propping up the comp, when in fact they have simply made more from a bigger pie because they already had the biggest slice. He choses to ignore 15 other clubs have also helped expand the competition.

Spot on JD.

Pity the squealing black&white sheep on here cant recognise it.

Lidge said:
Me thinks Eddie's still ********ed off that Pagan didn't give him a run in the Under 19's.

PMSL
:D

i can picture those chubby little arms & legs pumping all the way back home to mum!

Can anyone answer my original question?

Has anyone seen evidence of the 'media release'? Has it been mentioned on the news in Melbourne?

It's not on any of the media websites.

Lestat said:
And therein lies the difference. To me, and nearly all Collingwood supporters would agree with me, the jumper means EVERYTHING!

I do not understand why, it has no relevance to football. I would have thought you would be more attached to your home of football, Victoria Park, yet the club trashed it and dumped it like a hot spud.

The jumper is a uniform to distinguish the difference between your teammates and the opposition players, nothing more. It has never been made to have any significance or relevance to football, only in Eddie's imagination that it means something. It doesn't.

Black and whites stripes is Collingwood, it is who we are. Any other jumper, any other colours, or design, and it just aint Collingwood anymore.

If you look at all the old Collingwood jumpers they all had black and white stripes but it went through many design changes. To suggest Collingwood never changed their jumper is a flat out lie.

The AFL want them to have an away strip which makes the differences more significant than a difference of colour. I think the colours have more relevance than the layout. They can keep the black white stripes and still make the away jumper more noticably different from other jumpers.

It would be tearing the soul out of our club, and i for one, as a paying member will not tolerate it, and I expect, no, I demand that Eddie does everything in power to keep our jumper as it, as it always has been...black and white stripes.

Come on, you are over-reacting. If some sporting club was playing with black and white stripes before collingwood and got into a legal battle and forced the club to change would the club be any different? Would the supporters have any less love for the club? If you say yes then you are not proud passionate supporters, you are a bunch of weirdos.

And if the AFL enforce this on us, then I would expect our president to fight it all the way, to the courts if necessary.

Collingwood likes to over-inflate their own ego and self-importance in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day, the CFC owns one licence in the AFL, 15 other clubs own a license and it gives Collingwood a 1 in 16 vote when it comes to issues. 15 out of 16 voted for an away strip, there is nothing to fight the AFL over, the other owners of the competition have decided and empowered the AFL to make it a law.

Now if your jumper means absolutely nothing to you, then fine, thats your perogative. However, don't force my club to change the jumper WHICH DOES MEAN SOMETHING TO ME! (wasn't directed at you Tas, just other supporters in general). ;)

Yeah, I seriously do not care if they are allowed to play with their jumper or not, I do think Eddie has made it into a conflict and for that reason alone the Collingwood football club will be forced to change because the AFL and the other clubs do not want to have the image that individual clubs can push the other clubs around.

In essence, Eddie has probably made things worse for the CFC and for their supporters if they truely feel as passionate about the prison-like uniform. If Eddie went to the negotiating table saying Collingwood would really like to play in the black and white stripes and if they are allowed to under all circumstances they would be willing to make concessions in other areas, etc... whatever it is.

Eddie has come out aggressive, all guns blazing and he is going to get himself and the club shot to pieces when he could have easily got the support of other clubs with some quality negotiating.

Talking trash about our club is not going to get him any support.

Me thinks Eddie is deflecting from his team's apparent on field slide at the moment. which if it keeps up, it could be a case of, Ta Ta Eddie, if the knives come out. Remember a bloke at Carrrrrlton called Elliott who, when things were on the up up up, brought in all the high flyer sponsors et al, then, ooops, things went wrong and now it's John who? It could take some time but what goes around comes around.

Think about it?

p.s. North joining in 1925 - well if any of you know anything about the club, if it wasn't for a team in another part of the northern suburbs, just after Moonee Ponds, but shall remain nameless, who were scared of losing zoning rights, veto the joining, (that's why some of us callt Them - THE FILTH) NMFC would have been in the VFL a lot effffffing sooner. :mad:

Gabbie said:
p.s. North joining in 1925 - well if any of you know anything about the club, if it wasn't for a team in another part of the northern suburbs, just after Moonee Ponds, but shall remain nameless, who were scared of losing zoning rights, veto the joining, (that's why some of us callt Them - THE FILTH) NMFC would have been in the VFL a lot effffffing sooner. :mad:

We are the fourth oldest club, we were playing football in blue and white 21 years before Collingwood was even formed, and playing longer than that before there was any unified rules (which we helped to form btw).

VFL wanted to cover the key regions of Melbourne, we were a healthier club than others that were allowed into the VFL, the only negative was our close proximity to Essendon. At the time they didn't want two clubs from the same neck of the woods, don't think Essendon wanted it either. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back