Kasey Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Kasey Green isn't that bad - he's somewhere between a medium defender and a tall midfielder.

Works hard on the field, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. The only concern I'd have with picking him up is passing someone more useful up, and that he may be a bit Andrew Williams-ish.

Poor old Kasey is getting no love on this board at the moment. Can I remind people he was good enough to get a game in West Coast's Grand final side. He seems to me like a solid league medium defender with a bit of mongrel. Can you remember the days when we had solid players? A game was on Foxfooty last night Coll v Bris 2002 at the dome. Running around were Rupe and Freezer both doing they're jobs. Then Mick Decided "We have to do better than solid" and moved them on and exposed our green list when the injuries hit. The result was we have gone backwards with players who have been unable to perform these roles half as well. If Green can come in as a medium defender and be able to shut down his man each week I reckon he wouldn't be a bad pick up.

pieman1 said:
. If Green can come in as a medium defender and be able to shut down his man each week I reckon he wouldn't be a bad pick up.

But Pieman we already have enough medium defenders we need a very talented small defender or a med. who has the creative flash out of defence rather than just being a spoiler.

Most importantly we need a top shelf CHB who can command, organise and creatively generate whip crackingly fast rebound out of defence.

With him and Clemmo beside him we move part way to a classic GF HB line.....

Despite the fact I loathe the scum, it would be nice to have a Dean, Sexton, Mc Kay HB line to be a brick wall that fires the ball back at a gazillion miles an hour.

I actually think with your young side he wouldn't be a bad pickup to hold down a flank for two years. :D A better pickup than someone late in the draft who would just eat bread rolls for 2 years. ;)

Serious for a minute, he has a defensive side to his game that neither Morrison or Williams really had which would appeal to MM. He is nothing special but is an experienced, unspectacular player that could play a number of roles in your side. Can be a run-with player or a medium defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wrote that C&W song "I'd kill my car before I'd leave my Dog".

check out the stats site mentioned in earlier post......

He wasnt good enough for the Grand Final team, he was simply last man standing, he was literally the only option we had left cos of injuries.

He is training with West Coast atm, so I doubt he will go to Collingwood, he is too old for you lot anyway.

Doesn't matter, there is no-one I would take except Cameron Hunter who is washed up...but i tell ya, Kasey Green may come good...who cares, Footy Drafting is always a risk, the guy played in a Grand Final, good enough for me.

Lonie_from_50 said:
He averages more 1%ers than Richard Cole did, so that is already good. :)

At least Cole was worth a decent draft pick in a trade. Green's worth nothing.

Embers said:
He wasnt good enough for the Grand Final team, he was simply last man standing, he was literally the only option we had left cos of injuries.

He is training with West Coast atm, so I doubt he will go to Collingwood, he is too old for you lot anyway.
Hmmm, I remember Ryan O'Keefe slicing and dicing StKilda and then having a fairly quiet grand final, who was he playing on, wasn't it Kasey Green? And he's hardly old man river at 26 and who are our small defenders at the moment,Ben Johnson wants to play up the ground so that leaves Lockyer, Swan and Heath Shaw with Maxwell and Clement able to play on small forwards and Lonie and Rhyce Shaw more suited to half back or wing. Every time we come up against a dangerous midget Jimmy gets the job and the opposition are happy to see him on the last line and out of the action. Green could do that job and leave Clement to patrol half back where we can continue to use his drive.

At the moment our list is light on for guys who can play effectively on small forwards. A 'kid' can't play on the last line of defence without being exposed, Luke Godden ring a bell?

pieman1 said:
Hmmm, I remember Ryan O'Keefe slicing and dicing StKilda and then having a fairly quiet grand final, who was he playing on, wasn't it Kasey Green? And he's hardly old man river at 26 and who are our small defenders at the moment,Ben Johnson wants to play up the ground so that leaves Lockyer, Swan and Heath Shaw with Maxwell and Clement able to play on small forwards and Lonie and Rhyce Shaw more suited to half back or wing. Every time we come up against a dangerous midget Jimmy gets the job and the opposition are happy to see him on the last line and out of the action. Green could do that job and leave Clement to patrol half back where we can continue to use his drive.
won me over

Remove this Banner Ad

Kasey Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back