Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was happy with this pick. Excelled when got a chance at VFl this year. Was in my mock draft as well and write up below;

Kayle Kirby / Bendigo / 181cm / 96kg

Exciting small forward who played some terrific footy late in the year for Richmond in the VFL. His attack on the footy is fantastic and he is an aggressive type who makes things happen. Think there are still some question marks on his ability to compete at AFL level given his conditioning but worth drafting as the talent is there and the willingness to do what is required also appears to be there. He is someone who has serious x factor and plays a really exciting brand of football. Would become a cult figure pretty quickly. He could well go higher than this but the body needs a bit of work and he needs to improve his endurance.

Hi Magpies. Have know Kayle since he was a kid. From Lake Boga. He commuted from Lake Boga to Bendigo And back for training to play for the Pioneers for 2 years. He is a humble, genuinely good human being, and deserves any success he has. Having said that, he plays as hard as anyone can, and he has special skills. Don't worry about the conditioning, he hasn't really had a decent run at it with the long commute. In your excellent development program he could be anything. Look after him, and he will be something special. Wish he was at the Cats, but really want him to be a gun for you. Good luck Kayle.

Was happy with this pick. Excelled when got a chance at VFl this year. Was in my mock draft as well and write up below;

Kayle Kirby / Bendigo / 181cm / 96kg

Exciting small forward who played some terrific footy late in the year for Richmond in the VFL. His attack on the footy is fantastic and he is an aggressive type who makes things happen. Think there are still some question marks on his ability to compete at AFL level given his conditioning but worth drafting as the talent is there and the willingness to do what is required also appears to be there. He is someone who has serious x factor and plays a really exciting brand of football. Would become a cult figure pretty quickly. He could well go higher than this but the body needs a bit of work and he needs to improve his endurance.

I agree he could come a Cult Figure bit like Abbott was but Hopefully he lasts more then 1 Season

This guy, our last draft pick has me the most excited! Has the best highlights package and just looks like a player. Just hope he has the hunger (and no not for cheeseburgers)

Hi Magpies. Have know Kayle since he was a kid. From Lake Boga. He commuted from Lake Boga to Bendigo And back for training to play for the Pioneers for 2 years. He is a humble, genuinely good human being, and deserves any success he has. Having said that, he plays as hard as anyone can, and he has special skills. Don't worry about the conditioning, he hasn't really had a decent run at it with the long commute. In your excellent development program he could be anything. Look after him, and he will be something special. Wish he was at the Cats, but really want him to be a gun for you. Good luck Kayle.

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info. Best of luck to the kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info

Is he related to the Kirby's from Mildura way?

If so, the Byron Pickett comparisons regarding hardness will be pretty spot on!

Certainly knows where the goals are, hopefully he can build his fitness with us.

2016 - Bendigo Pioneers - 32 at 2.46 per game
2015 - Tyntynder seniors - 47 goals at 3.13 per game
2014 - Tyntynder U16 - 60 goals at 4.29 per game
2013 - Tyntynder U15 - 78 goals at 5.57 per game
2012 - Tyntynder U15 - 54 goals at 3.00 per game

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_i...193629378&client=1-6153-80438-217571-17115374
Now them's some stats that will warm the hearts of a few supporters hey Scodog10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now them's some stats that will warm the hearts of a few supporters hey Scodog10

It is great to hopefully have someone to break up the excruciating predictability of our forward line (already improved by Cloke leaving) Especially if he can get fit enough to create genuine forward pressure. For too long have I been sickened by the ease and comfort with which opposition defenders strut around our forward line without a care in the world. Let's put some fear and doubt into them again. Bring on the X factor.

Yeah was referring to that spelling!

SEN bio says 181cm, 96kg!!! Is that right? Stewy Dew eat your heart out!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh that'd be right, the first year I don't nominate is the year their looking at my type!

Nicely done mate. Good of you to wish him well!

Just checked out his FB profile. 4 photos, 2 football related photos, 1 photo outside McDonalds, 1 photo with a turtle (presumably cooked and eaten later that night). If he can ease up on the Macca's and turtle's, we could have a real x-factor on our hands!
Not an alias for Relton Roberts is he

96kg wtf? PMSL. Next thing he'll be on $500k a year like all our new recruits and Blair. Must be the going rate.

Shit he's very slippery and dangerous. That snapping accuracy.:thumbsu:

I have to warn you all that I've been drinking in celebration ever since my name was read out and the 96kgs quoted is actually the official weight of my liver.

We've dumped the rat pack at the Pies. It's now the wombat pack!

Go Pies!

Really rapped for Kayle and I really love these left field selections by the club. I liked the Abbott selection even though it ultimately failed, I also liked the Sier selection which I think will be successful and now I am rooting for Kayle. Obviously, Kayle is extremely talented otherwise he would not have been considered. Welcome to Pies Kayle, really looking forward to watching the journey you are about to embark on, good luck!

Also is a Collingwood supporter

14141578_1786769571536732_9020978588161925896_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Kayle Kirby (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back