Kdfl - 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undera have only been on the track for a week but the numbers are good. Godsy looks fit and in league medal form. We have just signed Sam and Joel Laporta so that should strengthen our already very strong list!!!!

Undera have only been on the track for a week but the numbers are good. Godsy looks fit and in league medal form. We have just signed Sam and Joel Laporta so that should strengthen our already very strong list!!!!

Joel as well? Good to see if they are both on board, Joe would be very proud. :thumbsu:

Re: Kyabram District FL -Mark II

www.**********************

Former Collingwood and Richmond forward Aaron James will remain with Kyabram District League club Stanhope for season 2009. James who has been a key cog in the Lions 2007 and 2008 had become the recruiting target of a number of clubs including Heathcote District club North Bendigo.

Stanhope veteran Coach Mark Patten had confirmed that James had decided to stay a Lion after recently re-considering his options. Retaining the power forward is a major boost for club with as many as 8 Premiership players moving on since the success of last September.

In his 14 matches since he joined the club James has demolished opposition defences kicking 137 goals. Stanhope will meet neighbours Girgarre in their Round 1 match up on April 18th.

Heard from people that know people that the Big Man is heading to North Bendigo!!

Only heard this yesterday... Massive if true!!!

Heard from people that know people that the Big Man is heading to North Bendigo!!

I have the same mail, I am told that he changed his mind again after he told stanhope he was having another year with them. If he plays with north he will kick 200 + on that small ground.

I have the same mail, I am told that he changed his mind again after he told stanhope he was having another year with them. If he plays with north he will kick 200 + on that small ground.

Would love to know his financial arrangements with North if they are better than at Stanhope!!! Wouldn't need to work:D

Mate i spoke to Joel on the weekend and he may have signed but I can tell you his misses wont let him play after his 2nd bad brake last year against Lanky....
He brother is a good pick up.....
All the best Joel on the recovery.

Yes, that one has been around for a month or so now. Bennett and Wigfield have gone there so that is the connection. Only posted what was on centralvicfooty.
Mail is from yesterday that he has left Stanhope but the story has been that he has been swaying one way then the other for weeks.

Yes, that one has been around for a month or so now. Bennett and Wigfield have gone there so that is the connection. Only posted what was on centralvicfooty.
Mail is from yesterday that he has left Stanhope but the story has been that he has been swaying one way then the other for weeks.

Here it is, straight off the press from CVF.

James back flip! star full forward becomes a Bulldog.
By admin on February 3rd, 2009

Aaron James has this morning confirmed that he will now be a Bulldog of the North Bendigo variety in season 2009.

When CVF spoke to the star forward this morning he acknowledged that he had changed his mind and would now continue his career with the HDFL club. James who was a member of Stanhope’s 2007 & 2008 Back to Back Premiership teams has informed the Lions of his change of heart and is set to meet with North Bendigo officials this Thursday to put pen to paper.

It’s a massive scoop for the Bulldogs who are yet to win a Premiership in the Heathcote League and haven’t made the finals since the season of 2002. The North Bendigo poach was sparked through Bulldogs assistant Coach Robbie Bennett who played with James at Stanhope last year.

Asked of his motivation to move to Atkins st James said ” Knowing two blokes in Bomber (Robbie Bennett) and Wiggy ( Damien Wigfield) from Stanhope and a little less travel along with the challenge of lifting a lesser know side to try and have some success”.

He admitted he had little knowledge of the HDFL competition ” I don’t know much about it at all just that it’s pretty similar to the Kyabram League”.

James who will also be remembered to people in the Central Victorian area for his role with Gisborne in their break through 2002 Premiership victory was de-registered part way through last season after breaking the VCFL rule for being suspended for more than 16 matches throughout his career.

While he won an appeal late in the season to be re-registered if he is suspended again it could mean a life ban for the sharp shooter who played more than 50 AFL games with Collingwood, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs.

Asked about his departure from Stanhope the 32 year old commented ” I had a really good time there but we will have a new born in May and a bit less travel become a factor in the decision also”.

It adds more fuel to the fire what was is set to be a hot season of Heathcote District Football League action with many clubs in the competition adding considerable strength to their lists.

Who are you Big Show because you are not undera's Big Show must be a cheap watery imitation. Chump!:thumbsdown:

The interesting thing is that if he gets suspended again, then that's the end of his career. North could have him for two games or twenty games. I wonder if teams will bait him and try to get him reported. It would be a pretty nasty tactic, but he's a player that can kick a heap of goals, and it could be the difference between a flag or runners-up.

The interesting thing is that if he gets suspended again, then that's the end of his career. North could have him for two games or twenty games. I wonder if teams will bait him and try to get him reported. It would be a pretty nasty tactic, but he's a player that can kick a heap of goals, and it could be the difference between a flag or runners-up.

BREAKING NEWS

HDFL clubs race for the services of Matt McMurtrie (and 'that' fan!)!! :D

---
In all seriousness, Stanhope played very well without James. Pearce filled to void through the season when he was suspended. But, I suppose it will make them look a bit more beatable.

Bloody $1400 a game, is North Bendigo that desperate for some success (if he can deliver it again)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

League Medal form in February? Everyone better pull up stumps now and not turn up...

Is he employed?

Aaron James is employed. he works for Connex. From what my sources revealed, Stanhope was not going to increase the money they were paying him so he decided to chase the money. And lets just say he was getting paid no where near what he is reported to be getting paid at North Bendigo!!

I was told Stanhope matched the $1200 Nth Bendigo offered. Then Nth Bendigo came in with $1400. Thats a bloody lot of pies and raffle tickets you need to sell. Come on we are minor country footy leagues, how can you justify that type of money for one player?

I was told Stanhope matched the $1200 Nth Bendigo offered. Then Nth Bendigo came in with $1400. Thats a bloody lot of pies and raffle tickets you need to sell. Come on we are minor country footy leagues, how can you justify that type of money for one player?

Its easy gump 2 flags and a 100goal a year player... Thats what all clubs want IS FLAGS CHAMP:confused:

League Medal form in February? Everyone better pull up stumps now and not turn up...

We are pretty sure that they are just some tongue in cheek comments being made. We are not sure who Big Show is or if he is connected with the club.It is definitely not 'Our Big Show'.

Godsy is just same team man he always is and the team has just hit the track for its third night and is just the same as the last two years. We are very hopeful of being competitive but as usual it depends on luck with injuries and others sides recruiting.

Probably like everyone else we are just trying to get to the other side of this heatwave.

There will be quite a few backmen able to breath a little easier now the big fella has moved on. Will no doubt be a huge loss for stanhope, although pearcy took over very well in his absence last year. The bigger problem may be the delivery into the forward line with the like of mason and bennet (just to name a few) moving on, but as usual they will pull a few recruits and promote some quality kids to fill the gaps. It will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks when the league web site actually gets running.

One of the scenarios thrown around last year was $800-$1000 per game and one pineapple per sausage roll!

Any one hear/ confirm or deny anything along these lines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back