Violet Town v Avenel-

Thoughts of round 1 games coming up...

Girgarre v Stanhope-

Lancaster v Undera-

Murchison v Merrigum-

Rushworth v Ardmona-

Tally v Nagambie-

Violet Town v Avenel-

Looks set to be a good opening round in the KDFL. A few teams will no doubt not have the best team out on the park but once this weekends all said and done we should have a little idea on just how close the pre season reports have been at each club

Stanhope to get up over Girgarre-60 points

Undera to beat Lancy in a close one-15 points

Murch to beat the Gum in yet another close one-20 points

Rushy to account for the bushcats-37 points

Nagambie to have little trouble of accounting for Tally-70 points

And Avenel to take the honours over Violet Town-25 points

Looks set to be a good opening round in the KDFL. A few teams will no doubt not have the best team out on the park but once this weekends all said and done we should have a little idea on just how close the pre season reports have been at each club

Stanhope to get up over Girgarre-60 points

Undera to beat Lancy in a close one-15 points

Murch to beat the Gum in yet another close one-20 points

Rushy to account for the bushcats-37 points

Nagambie to have little trouble of accounting for Tally-70 points

And Avenel to take the honours over Violet Town-25 points

Gig to get up over stanhope, upset of the round.

Thoughts of round 1 games coming up...

Girgarre v Stanhope-

You would still think Stanhope would prevail, but I believe that this game could be very close, considering Stanhope's now back in the pack a bit more, and Gig hasn't lost too many, but I still think Stanhope will have enough skill to prevail - STANHOPE 13 POINTS.

Lancaster v Undera-

I believe that this not only deserves the "Match of the Day" billing, but I believe that this could be a pre-curser of the likely match up for the premiership, considering Undera's strong recruiting drive and Lancaster's consistency over the years, in what should be a high scoring & skillful game, I will pick Undera in a closely fought upset - UNDERA 5 POINTS

Murchison v Merrigum-

This is another game that could prove to be quite even with both sides doing quite well in the recruiting stakes, but Murch had a bit more to work with player wise last season compared to Merrigum, and although I think that this game should be close all day, I think that Murch will shake off a determined and improved Bulldogs line up by 19 POINTS.

Rushworth v Ardmona-

This game is interesting only in if Ardmona can field a competitive side in both grades, although I think that they will be better than most people think, Rushworth should win and win easily RUSHWORTH 30 POINTS.

Tally v Nagambie-

Nagambie should account for Tally quite easily and I think that this game will show the KDFL how much the Lakers have improved and could be a dark horse for the premiership. NAGAMBIE 60 + POINTS.

Violet Town v Avenel-

Avenel should account for Violet Town quite easily in this game even taking into account their inconsistency at times, but with a good mix of experience & youth, they should make a good account for themselves in preparations for hosting Murchison the 26th of April. AVENEL 60 + POINTS.

And that is how I see it for Round 1, and I think that it's great that the KDFL have quite a few competitive games for round one, which I hope is a sign of things to come.

And that is how I see it for Round 1, and I think that it's great that the KDFL have quite a few competitive games for round one, which I hope is a sign of things to come.

talking to a few people about the lanky undera game and they reckon it will be a shoot out. be interesting to see where la porta lines up for unders and if that allows godsmark to spend move time in the middle. U would think that lanky will have a pretty tall forward line this year eg chilcott eddy pell casey and i know mitchell aint tall but he plays tall and cooper at their feet. have under got enough talls to match them. it will be interesting with the mid fielders. whos got the better middle? that will be what decides the game i reckon. From what i have seen in the pracy matchs lankys weakness is there defence.
the winning side will have to kick 17 plus goals to win. really cant pick this one but i agree with the rest of ur games

Gigarre v Stanhope 37pts

Lancaster v Undera 12pts

Murchison v Merrigum 42pts

Rushworth v Ardmona 9pts

Tally v Nagambie 23pts

Violet Town v Avenel 31pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take...

Gigarre v Stanhope 43pts

Lancaster v Undera 27pts

Murchison v Merrigum 44pts

Rushworth v Ardmona 17pts - Depending on Perry...Is he playing:confused:

Tally v Nagambie 37pts

Violet Town v Avenel 46pts

Gigarre v Stanhope 37pts

Lancaster v Undera 12pts

Murchison v Merrigum 42pts

Rushworth v Ardmona 9pts

Tally v Nagambie 23pts

Violet Town v Avenel 31pts

My winners:

Stanhope 56pts
Undera 2pts
Murchison 72pts
Rushworth 18pts
Nagambie 46pts
Violet Town 31pts

who got best for both sides ?
Did Jason Norman play ? i see he is cleared to Kyabram on the web site.

Not sure on bests for either team. As for Norman yes he played ones. kicked a couple of goals and done a very handy job in the ruck with young Zach Dearing and Jamie Densley against the experienced Scotty Hanson

Not sure on bests for either team. As for Norman yes he played ones. kicked a couple of goals and done a very handy job in the ruck with young Zach Dearing and Jamie Densley against the experienced Scotty Hanson

thanks, so whats the go with him been cleared to kyabram and not back to Stanhope. ?? Maybe something for Gig to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back