KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly always see the logic of your suggestions JC (do you need to change your ndp!!!) The only problem is that clubs want success now & don't plan for the next five years. Most clubs that are successful have strong juniors, good coaches & then top up with smart & skilled players. If they miss the finals then they don't try to buy a flag the next year. Many have tried to buy a flag but 1% succeed and even some of these then go broke & lose players in following years. Dumb clubs recruit players only after cash & many leave after one year. What works. Definitely not the points. The simple fact is that DISTRICT must pay players but smart clubs have strong culture & generally don't pay excessive $$$. My $50000 man is not the coach but merely arrives on Sat!!!Dumb clubs do. Perhaps time to move onto 2012. It will be very interesting to see how VT & Murch & Avenel ( a club with a very strong culture in the 80's) will compete with Lanky & Stanhope.
Predictions
Premier
Top 5
Wooden spooner
B & F
Goalkicker & total
Best recruits
Dud recruits!!!
Surely your not comparing the recruiting that Avenel have done to the rumoured spend fest taking place at VT and to a lesser extent Murch? If you are one of us is very poorly informed.

Predictions
Premier
Top 5
Wooden spooner
B & F
Goalkicker & total
Best recruits
Dud recruits!!!

PREMIER: Violet Town (If they don't win it this year they may be waiting a long time for Jaxbac to raise the funds to go hard again)

TOP 5: VT, Lancaster, Rushworth with atleast a couple of games break to the rest led by Murch & Nagambie. Undera, Stanhope & Tally to be also vying for a spot in the 5.

WOODEN SPOON: Longwood

LEAGUE B&F: Russell Lee

GOALKICKER: Craig Whelan 125

BEST RECRUITS: Whelan & Lee(VT) Demasi(Lancy) Durwood(Murch)

DUD RECRUITS: I'll leave that one alone;)

Murch have 2 practice matches upcoming:

March 8th vs Dookie @ Dookie
March 17th vs Heathcote @ Murchison

Should be two pretty good hitouts.

What practice matches have other teams got?

PREMIER: Violet Town (If they don't win it this year they may be waiting a long time for Jaxbac to raise the funds to go hard again)

TOP 5: VT, Lancaster, Rushworth with atleast a couple of games break to the rest led by Murch & Nagambie. Undera, Stanhope & Tally to be also vying for a spot in the 5.

How do you rate Patty Horsburgh against Russell Lee as Patty came runners up a couple of years ago as a teenager?

How do you rate Patty Horsburgh against Russell Lee as Patty came runners up a couple of years ago as a teenager?

Premiers= vt
runners up=lancaster
improver=murch
slider=stanhope
best recruit=whelan (vt) Durward (murch)
worst recruit= Aynsleys (stanhope)
leauge medal=lee (vt)
spoon=ardy
goalkicker=whelan
All in all the writing is on the wall for vt to clean up this year

The club is still reaping the rewards of our win in super 66 a couple of weeks back..:D

Did forget about that, ah well super 66 only pays about $200,000 doesn't it! That will only see u out for this year!!!:D:D:thumbsu:

Without malice Hank .. any news of premiership odds in the pipeline? Towners would have to be odds on after JT has them winning $6.60 .. erm .. I mean Super Sixty Six!! Cheers with a wink on a quick reply .. John Carrot

Hi to all of the over paid footy players!
How many of you blokes have put up your hand up for your club to take on the jobs of keeping your club going?
Now that you face 2012 at the end of your nebulous career as football money sucking mercenary buzzards. That’s why I like that word .. nebulous. Last syllable reminds me of lous!!
If you demand money in a district league .. let’s hear radio description for a start .. else organise TV telecasts! Else shut your gob and join Fev with the flockin’ pigeons at Yarra.
“You know what I’m sayin’ .. it’s Barbie Chop culture with half arsed chop stars” Thanks for that Sam Kekovich!! Cheers John Carrot:thumbsu:

Ahh, more words of wisdom from my favourite red wine philosopher......How are ya old fella, mate keep bangin' away at the over priced bodies of beef that clubs chase to feed their egos.....At the end of the day ( dare I say it ) it's only a game and there's more to a club than triangular bits of linen to hang on the walls, whilst they're nice, they aren't the be all and end all......Keep your orange bit pointing up old timer...

Ahh, more words of wisdom from my favourite red wine philosopher......How are ya old fella, mate keep bangin' away at the over priced bodies of beef that clubs chase to feed their egos.....At the end of the day ( dare I say it ) it's only a game and there's more to a club than triangular bits of linen to hang on the walls, whilst they're nice, they aren't the be all and end all......Keep your orange bit pointing up old timer...
Thanks for the support Slimbo .. I think?
Bytheway the red wine clarifies line of thought .. did you know that? But unlike Sam Mirandha from the King Valley – who had an article in last weeks weekend paper .. it also cleanses the jam between your toes when you trample your own the red grapes. I’ll give you a sample when we next meet!
That’s why the one armed shearers cook made the best rissoles ..eh?
Send me a message on this player points system which I reckon will get player payments in “the districts” – as Slime Pickering calls it – back into reality.
The way I see that it is one number for a Country league admin to input into their computer with a clearance/registration. Say if the player is coming from AFL/VFL/MAJOR LEAGUE/TAC then the points are high. Similarly if a player is coming from a club in the SAME league .. then that is poached eggs (poaching!!) so the points are as intense. By the time Clubs have their budgets together they then look at keeping under the points limit .. salary cap is a fascile fallacy and the days of trying to buy a premiership will be over and we can all get back to controlling this great country footy that we love. Cheers Bimbo erm .. Slimbo .. John Carrot (p.s. Don’t know whether I’ve said before but my pseudonym is because I possess a pointy orange appendage with green attachments .. mucking repharlkable!!)
:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Keep chasin' the linen flags on the wall Slim!!;)

Premiers : V/Town
Runners up : Lancaster
Rest of the top 5 : Any of Murch,Undera,Stanhope,Rushworth,Tally & Nagambie(no particualr order)
Medal:Tom Durward
Goal Kicker:Sam Laporta

Haven't had a look at the clearances yet but with the all the conversation on recruits would be an interesting looking interleague team,and one of very high quality . Providing everyone makes them self avaliable . Would be interested to hear from people from VT and Murch on where they stand on there big name recruits playing rep footy(with the risk of injury).
But im sure the midfielders picked would'nt mind kicking to Laporta and Whelan both leading out of the goal square .

Premiers : V/Town
Runners up : Lancaster
Rest of the top 5 : Any of Murch,Undera,Stanhope,Rushworth,Tally & Nagambie(no particualr order)
Medal:Tom Durward
Goal Kicker:Sam Laporta

Haven't had a look at the clearances yet but with the all the conversation on recruits would be an interesting looking interleague team,and one of very high quality . Providing everyone makes them self avaliable . Would be interested to hear from people from VT and Murch on where they stand on there big name recruits playing rep footy(with the risk of injury).
But im sure the midfielders picked would'nt mind kicking to Laporta and Whelan both leading out of the goal square .
We as a club supported the idea of rep footy again and will be encouraging all our players to make themselves available...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick go at a potential interleague team (apologies, don't know that many players at the mo..)

Backs: Tom Clarke (Rushy), Bodycoat (VT), James Fraser (Stanhope)
HB: Daniel Godsmark (undera), Drew Clarke (Rushy), Saddington (VT)
C: Andrew Seirakowski (Lancy), Steve Thompson (Lancy), Williams (VT)
HF: Ty Guiney (Stanhope), Daniel Lambden (Rushy), Durwood (Murch)
F: Jake Perry (Rushy), Sam LaPorta (Undera), Craig Whelan (VT)

Rucks: Webb (Rushy), Lee (VT), Sage (VT)

Interchange (from): Gray (Stanhope), Barnett (Merrigum), Arho (Tally), Shiels (Nagambie)

Flag: Rushy
Runners-up: Lancy
Rest of top 5: VT, Murch, Nagambie
McNamara Medal: Durwood or Hank
Goal kicker: La Porta
Biggest dud recruit: It's perennially someone from Gig, but so as not to offend anyone from Roo land, possibly Tavis Perry.. If you call me a recruit..

Quick go at a potential interleague team (apologies, don't know that many players at the mo..)

Interchange (from): Gray (Stanhope), Barnett (Merrigum), Arho (Tally), Shiels (Nagambie)

Biggest dud recruit: It's perennially someone from Gig, but so as not to offend anyone from Roo land, possibly Tavis Perry.. If you call me a recruit..

Have you got any idea who he has recruited ?

Hard to c hanky winning the medal as he wont b playn in the league:D

hank to win medal but not represent the league... are you saying he's too old tav:D

hank to win medal but not represent the league... are you saying he's too old tav:D

Well, KDL Kings, who would know better than anyone, has declared Hank won't play in the league! Is he planning on going back to Rochy or Tonny?? Maybe he's gone to Mulwala with Ednie...

In response to your question, Jayco, I think if Hank were to get in the interleague side it'd probably be on a wing, on-ball or HB, but the guys I've selected in those positions would probably get selected before him, as it stands now.

In saying that, he'll be playing in a good side, is a proven vote getter, will be closer to being injury-free to what he was last year and will have a steely resolve to have a big year. He's still got a good leap and throws himself at the pill, so the medal wouldn't be beyond him.

Don't think he ever kicked 6 in a half as an 18 year old, though..:thumbsu:

Sashaband, no idea who Patto has recruited, hope they all perform well this year.

Well, KDL Kings, who would know better than anyone, has declared Hank won't play in the league! Is he planning on going back to Rochy or Tonny?? Maybe he's gone to Mulwala with Ednie...

In response to your question, Jayco, I think if Hank were to get in the interleague side it'd probably be on a wing, on-ball or HB, but the guys I've selected in those positions would probably get selected before him, as it stands now.

In saying that, he'll be playing in a good side, is a proven vote getter, will be closer to being injury-free to what he was last year and will have a steely resolve to have a big year. He's still got a good leap and throws himself at the pill, so the medal wouldn't be beyond him.

Don't think he ever kicked 6 in a half as an 18 year old, though..:thumbsu:

Sashaband, no idea who Patto has recruited, hope they all perform well this year.

i was only 16:D

Gee Tav, Not sure about Webby in the ruck and Bodzy at full back,bodz won't even play FB for VT. Surely Jungle before Gray (past his best) and Ty Guiney, would be a better selection that is if he is still playing for you guys..With Sammy and Wheels in the forward line then Arho would miss out for another small forward. Need a good fullback to cope with Strawhorne but not sure who... My opinion

Gee Tav, Not sure about Webby in the ruck and Bodzy at full back,bodz won't even play FB for VT. Surely Jungle before Gray (past his best) and Ty Guiney, would be a better selection that is if he is still playing for you guys..With Sammy and Wheels in the forward line then Arho would miss out for another small forward. Need a good fullback to cope with Strawhorne but not sure who... My opinion

Daniel Heazlewood Undera Assistant Coach might make a good Fullback. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back