KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Hazelwood (big show) back out at undera for 2012 as assistant coach. Any other ins or out at the lions? Nagambie is also a bit quiet at the moment, any lakers signing?

Danny Hazelwood (big show) back out at undera for 2012 as assistant coach. Any other ins or out at the lions? Nagambie is also a bit quiet at the moment, any lakers signing?

Nagambie's recruiting is looking ok with some former players returning to the club, a couple of others from extended injuries, plus some new recruits - about 10 senior players all up. Not to sure of players movements away from the club but beleive it to be minimal. Hopefully this will be enough to see some September action.

Ben Hutton back to the lakers.
Who has Avenel signed? How are they looking? Don't think they had anything to lose, have to be improvers??

VCFL recommended the points system be applied state wide after it's review last year. For mine it might be the answer for the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer when all we want is country footy to survive with the non-monetary benefits it brings to a side, supporters and a district.

Ben Hutton back to the lakers.
Who has Avenel signed? How are they looking? Don't think they had anything to lose, have to be improvers??

I didn't see Avenel play last year but from all reports they struggled to be competitive with the top sides and only chalked up 4 wins for the season. With some new personnel including a coach surely they'd have to improve on last years results.

I think about a month back the Seymour paper reported that some former Seymour players (1's & 2's) were heading out to Avenel - Dom Russo, David Brain and a few others. Add to the mix Sauce Green (Andrew) & I think Grant Hately (not 100%) they're heading in the right direction.

I believe a couple of Keilor Park players might be considering travelling up the hume to play with Sauce, not yet confirmed though.

a few hits to the rushy player stocks with the news that best and fairest winner daniel lambden is off to darwin to work. this and the loss of tavis perry who wont be commuting down from darwin and james 'jungle' martin, who has made the bendigo bombers squad, leave some pretty big holes in the rushy forward line

a few hits to the rushy player stocks with the news that best and fairest winner daniel lambden is off to darwin to work. this and the loss of tavis perry who wont be commuting down from darwin and james 'jungle' martin, who has made the bendigo bombers squad, leave some pretty big holes in the rushy forward line
Making the Bombers squad doesn't necessarily mean he will be unavailable. Sam Vale at Rochester (not sure if he ever actually played for Bendigo) and Ben Deuscher when he was playing at Sandhurst still had to be selected on a week-to-week basis. Has he committed to another club?

Making the Bombers squad doesn't necessarily mean he will be unavailable. Sam Vale at Rochester (not sure if he ever actually played for Bendigo) and Ben Deuscher when he was playing at Sandhurst still had to be selected on a week-to-week basis. Has he committed to another club?

Yes thats true but i cant see the bombers allowing him to run around in the KDL when he's not playing for them. would think he'd be required to play a slightly higher standard than us, whether that is bendigo league or gv im not sure.

Yes thats true but i cant see the bombers allowing him to run around in the KDL when he's not playing for them. would think he'd be required to play a slightly higher standard than us, whether that is bendigo league or gv im not sure.

Bombers won't dictate where he plays if he is not selected by them. Players have gone back to leagues such as the Heathcote League or Mallee League in years past

Not quite right Jayco.. I've signed with NT Thunder in the NEAFL and like Jungle, will still have Rushy as my home club, so there's a distinct possibility that I'll be available to play some matches at tigerland.

Also, Daniel Lambden will also still be a Rushy player and will spend a majority of his time in Darwin, but be able to commute from time-to-time and possibly have stints back at home, where he'll obviously be able to play.

So is it really expected that martin will get a game at vfl level after playing kdl this year!! With vfl clubs only having 5 or 6 spots for non afl listed players in the seniors i would have thought he would find it very very tough to get a gig or would i be wrong???? If he does have rushy as he,s home club and goes back to play there and kicks 12 against a longwood or an ardmona i would think that the bombers would still pick a bloke who has kicked 4 against golden square in the main bendigo leauge!! Just my opinion:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is it really expected that martin will get a game at vfl level after playing kdl this year!! With vfl clubs only having 5 or 6 spots for non afl listed players in the seniors i would have thought he would find it very very tough to get a gig or would i be wrong???? If he does have rushy as he,s home club and goes back to play there and kicks 12 against a longwood or an ardmona i would think that the bombers would still pick a bloke who has kicked 4 against golden square in the main bendigo leauge!! Just my opinion:thumbsu:

It's a good point marco, but from what I've heard they've been super impressed with James and he's been finishing very high up, or even winning, most of the fitness testing that they've done thus far. The Bombers will give him every opportunity in practise matches and if he plays well, he'll get a game, simple.

It's not too disimiliar to Barlow going from GV to performing really well at AFL level, on face value you'd say it's unlikely, but if you create an opportunity and take advantage, anything is possible and James has given himself a fantastic chance by being super fit and super talented.

C'mon Jayco get up with it, or were you just trying douse the hype a little at tigerland!!

just going on what i believed were 'facts' as i was told, but glad to be wrong on this occasion... but then again, seem to be wrong on most ocassions:D thanks for re-igniting my hopes for 2012 at tigerland tav

Two blokes that wont be seeing finals action for Lancaster are Nic Casey and Thomas Pryde. Both are heading overseas mid season and both are guys who went through the Ruck last season. So if there's any weakness in Lankys lineup that would have to be it. Unless of course they pull off another coup and sign a big ruckman..

I think you'll find VFL clubs have way more than 5or 6spots for non aligned AFL players on their lists!

I think you'll find VFL clubs have way more than 5or 6spots for non aligned AFL players on their lists!

if there is injuries within the afl club then yeah there would be but if most are fit and each afl list has 40 players plus rookies and 22 play seniors then........ you know where im heading with it:thumbsu:

if there is injuries within the afl club then yeah there would be but if most are fit and each afl list has 40 players plus rookies and 22 play seniors then........ you know where im heading with it:thumbsu:
IIRC, when playing fellow sides who are also alligned to AFL clubs they are entitled to play as many AFL listed players as they like, however if not a stand alone VFL side( AFL reserves side ) when playing a stand alone non AFL affliated side , the amount of AFL listed players they can play is restricted .

Any update on Kayne Pettifer playing for merrigum round 1..? Heard they also tried with fev and Nathan brown.. Would be a good coup for the comp and a great way to kick off the 2012 season under lights in ky.

Also keen to hear from jaxbac if Mick gay is a chance to sign with the towners, which is the talk of the town at Heidelberg.

Things going well at Rushy with plenty on the track and enthusiasm high. Going to be a cracker year in the kdl, VT & lanky prob still out in front, Rushy looking good and any of Stanhope, undera, Murch, tally and nagambie still capable of doing some damage if they get a few more recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back