KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm hearing that VT are already planning for 2014, don't know where they're going to get the $ for this midfield but my sources say that they will have Lee, Williams, Ben Johnson who plans on retiring at the end of the year and wants to play with best mate David Rigney, add to this P Horsborough and gun onballer Chris Varsamarkis who is playing with Bundoora. If theres any truth in this at all the other teams may aswell shut up shop for the year and return in 2015!!!! Oh yeah, forgot to mention Whelan back..
Didak is retiring after this year, maybe he'll pull the boots on too?

Now I'm hearing that VT are already planning for 2014, don't know where they're going to get the $ for this midfield but my sources say that they will have Lee, Williams, Ben Johnson who plans on retiring at the end of the year and wants to play with best mate David Rigney, add to this P Horsborough and gun onballer Chris Varsamarkis who is playing with Bundoora. If theres any truth in this at all the other teams may aswell shut up shop for the year and return in 2015!!!! Oh yeah, forgot to mention Whelan back..
Christ, now the presidents just had a heart attack..

Just a quick one on tarrant, if he is only playing 5 -8 games with VT will he be playing at any other clubs in 2013. i will take a stab and say he would be on $2k + a week (i have no idea but this is about the going rate for ex AFL players that commit to full years down in the big smoke) so if he can pick up $10k -$16k for his 5 to 8 games at VT. He would still have 12 - 15 weeks to fill in for the year thats a lot more money for him to miss out on if he only plays at VT.

Just a quick one on tarrant, if he is only playing 5 -8 games with VT will he be playing at any other clubs in 2013. i will take a stab and say he would be on $2k + a week (i have no idea but this is about the going rate for ex AFL players that commit to full years down in the big smoke) so if he can pick up $10k -$16k for his 5 to 8 games at VT. He would still have 12 - 15 weeks to fill in for the year thats a lot more money for him to miss out on if he only plays at VT.
He did say on Afl 360 that he will be playing a bit of footy down in Tasmania sometime during the season

Violet town need a practice match this Sunday due to shepp east having to pull the pin. A 6 qrt hit out or something similar would suit our ground is not available . If anyone has anything get in contact with Hayden 0408176640 or write a reply on here cheers

Few sides having a kick this weekend what day and where are they being played?

Murch Vs Katunga

Ardy Vs Undera

Stanhope Vs Inglewood

Rushy Vs Colbo

Nagambie Vs Broadford

These are the ones i have heard of are there any more?

Still trying to get my head around the fact Brett Arho knocked back 2 offers of 750 a game
from 2 clubs kdl & picola To play for Billabong crows for 1200 a game who do they (crows)
think he is ,Also who does he think he is .HE has never played major league footy for a start
I would have thought he would continue at tally who looked after him for less than half that amount
because thats all he is worth!!!!

Murch Vs Katunga

Ardy Vs Undera

Stanhope Vs Inglewood

Rushy Vs Colbo

Nagambie Vs Broadford

Gig v Mitiamo on Sunday

Still trying to get my head around the fact Brett Arho knocked back 2 offers of 750 a game
from 2 clubs kdl & picola To play for Billabong crows for 1200 a game who do they (crows)
think he is ,Also who does he think he is .HE has never played major league footy for a start
I would have thought he would continue at tally who looked after him for less than half that amount
just to add to that dylan kerr from tally has gone there aswell for an estimated 800 a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murch Vs Katunga

Ardy Vs Undera

Stanhope Vs Inglewood

Rushy Vs Colbo

Nagambie Vs Broadford

Pretty sure Broadford are playing Craigieburn and Avenel are "Going to Bonnie Doon"

Cops a bit of criticism the big Arho (who likes to be called Brent) but looking at his figures from last year he kicked well over 100 goals and not all of them were against duds either - some good bags against decent sides as well. So he may be no superstar (he was playing in the weakest comp in country Vic after all) but if he is no good some of his opponents must've been pretty average. No doubt he isn't worth $1,200 but really who is? Why would any country club pay any player more then a coupla hundred dollars a game? It just doesn't make any sense.

Probably wishes he hadn't done the media regarding Shepp United a few months back - best to do media in a league after you've achieved something, not before.

We venture to Bonnie Doon this saturday for a 6qtr hitout then host Kilmore on the 23rd, for 1sts, 2nds and 3rds football.

Kilmore are having a 'scratch match' against Longwood tonight at Kilmore, as wednesday training for the redlegs is held at the international school in kilmore so all there new recruits dont have us far to venture for training.

The hitout between Colbo and Murch will be interesting viewing with both teams donning similar colours.

I didnt really get a chance to chat with Redda the coach but it was a pleasure to have the guys from Longwood along last night. Both clubs had plenty of heads missing but it was a nice to have a hit out instead of normal training.
It easy to lay the boots in (as a lot do), but Longwood had good numbers present and I sincerely hope that interest and supports translates into an improved season for everyone at Redlegs Stadium :thumbsu: .

Ha, funny one, if he wanted to be on more than twice as much as Whelan/Lee were on last year he would need to be getting $2,500 a game.
I'd love to know where people get there figures from !!! If wheels and russ where on 1250 a game last yeah we must of turned over at least $500000 is this right jaxbac?? And if there getting triple that at leechville /gunbower $3750 a game no wonder they left

I'd love to know where people get there figures from !!! If wheels and russ where on 1250 a game last yeah we must of turned over at least $500000 is this right jaxbac?? And if there getting triple that at leechville /gunbower $3750 a game no wonder they left
Was talking to a prominent former gvl coach who asked Daniel Sage what he was getting at VT and his instant response was "wheels is on 1500!!!"... That might be a good start.

Was talking to a prominent former gvl coach who asked Daniel Sage what he was getting at VT and his instant response was "wheels is on 1500!!!"... That might be a good start.
Firstly jayco Sagey wouldn't have any idea what Wheels was on nor did Wheels know what Sagey was on, secondly the only people who really know is the Game day committee and believe me the $1500 is over double what he got. But anyway keep speculating because that is all everyone else can do as they have no idea:thumbsu:

Firstly jayco Sagey wouldn't have any idea what Wheels was on nor did Wheels know what Sagey was on, secondly the only people who really know is the Game day committee and believe me the $1500 is over double what he got. But anyway keep speculating because that is all everyone else can do as they have no idea:thumbsu:
Isn't speculation what big Footy is all about ;) and don't they talk to each other... Occasionally things like this can be discussed over a beer or two :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back