KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayden Coffey was cleared from Rochy and played on the weekend for Gig, so assume him.
The kid went good, 2 goals and helping hand in a couple more. Good game til half time and gig out played them, pleasing thing was the rooms were cleaned up, ground looked good, president spoke well, looks like they have moved most the bad eggs out , 30 or so stayed for a beer or 2 and a feed supplied by Ardy , Hope they can move that Very bad image out.

Can anyone confirm that Stanhope are opening the wallet a little more for a Ruck from the NT and Ex AFL player Nathan Thompson?

I wouldn't think Nathan Thompson would play there. He's playing for Doncaster in the eastern league and he lives there so I couldn't see why he'd want to do all that travel.
Possibly a one off perhaps? He's still in very good nick these days

I wouldn't think Nathan Thompson would play there. He's playing for Doncaster in the eastern league and he lives there so I couldn't see why he'd want to do all that travel.
Possibly a one off perhaps? He's still in very good nick these days

I was told by an older local stanhope bloke, he said that he was told Nathan Thopmson was good mates with a ruck from the NT and that the footy club was trying to get them both, adds up with another story that Troy had asked the club for another $20k to spend. My info is 3rd hand and may be well off the mark like a lot you hear around these days.

But somthing i can tell you is 100% true is that some of the local stanhope people that have been around the club for along time are starting to get a little up set with the way things are going out there.

I was told by an older local stanhope bloke, he said that he was told Nathan Thopmson was good mates with a ruck from the NT and that the footy club was trying to get them both, adds up with another story that Troy had asked the club for another $20k to spend. My info is 3rd hand and may be well off the mark like a lot you hear around these days.

But somthing i can tell you is 100% true is that some of the local stanhope people that have been around the club for along time are starting to get a little up set with the way things are going out there.

Wouldn't have thought a 2-1 start to the year would cause panic stations down at the mainland.

its what he does best

Wouldn't have thought a 2-1 start to the year would cause panic stations down at the mainland.
well let's put it this way, if we didn't go and spend money for starters we would definitely not have a 2nds team, and the seniors would of struggled. we lost bt 18 players that played senior footy at some stage last year. it's a sign of the times if u don't spend money u will no longer b competitive, and once yr at the bottom it takes a long time to get back up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tips
Murchison by 33pts
Rushworth by 11pts
Lancaster by 100pts
Merrigum by 24pts
Stanhope by 200pts
Violet town by 51pts

Whats the current situation with Taz at VT? Just reading on the Essendon DFL thread that Div 2 club Sydenham Hillside mighta snaffled him for 7 games :confused:

well let's put it this way, if we didn't go and spend money for starters we would definitely not have a 2nds team, and the seniors would of struggled. we lost bt 18 players that played senior footy at some stage last year. it's a sign of the times if u don't spend money u will no longer b competitive, and once yr at the bottom it takes a long time to get back up?
Maybe if there was not so many imports some of the locals might of stayed??? How many locals played yesterday ?? Good to top ya side up but is it sustainable for the next 3 years ??

This is an irrelevant topic Speedy. If you have quality locals you play them. If you are deficient in certain areas you recruit them. Very simple. Im sure clubs would love a predominantly local team but some times it isn't possible if you want to challenge at the end of the year.

Yes Don, but, how long before the locals get sick of being overlooked and then move on. Next thing your either scraping up a team or broke with a bit of material to look at on the wall, 'Maybe'.
Oh and an empty clubroom.........:(

Sure
This is an irrelevant topic Speedy. If you have quality locals you play them. If you are deficient in certain areas you recruit them. Very simple. Im sure clubs would love a predominantly local team but some times it isn't possible if you want to challenge at the end of the year.
I agree you need to recruit but do you recruit that many that your local players move on ??

Sure
I agree you need to recruit but do you recruit that many that your local players move on ??

That's the balance isn't it. Clubs have to decide what they stand for I suppose. If the absolute be all and end all is to win flags then you recruit whoever and whatever u need to and bugger the locals however if the overall goal of the club is to be a competitive team but an inclusive and community minded club you may recruit a few without going berserk. Having said that there are clubs out there who have outstanding local players and have to recruit bugger all to win regularly

Let's be really honest, how many clubs would be game enough to drop a big recruit (before June 30 anyway) if they put in two bad ones in a row?

I would, have in the past and regardless of the backlash I'd do it again. A honest pay for an honest days work, but I'm still stuck 10-15 years ago (and its cost me) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back