KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't know the grammar police had an account on here.. I'm worried for you that it troubled you so much that you had to pick me up on it.. First world problems hey! You wana proof read this for me spell check it then flick it back to make sure it's all good?

Boo hoo:cry::cry:... And that would be 'want to', and a few commas are required in you're last sentence..

Didn't know the grammar police had an account on here.. I'm worried for you that it troubled you so much that you had to pick me up on it.. First world problems hey! You wana proof read this for me spell check it then flick it back to make sure it's all good?
Ouch...Touchy subject there Arky. All in jest mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously local boys who are now Melbourne based players. They have travelled up for two years now and are the types of blokes that you'd love to retain. I am sure a few more discussions need to be had before any confirmation can be made regarding their chances of continuing at Murchison in 2015.

Seems to be a comparison with the AFL and even our poxy levels of district football. Loyalty becoming a thing of the past, dollars demanding where blokes can and will go, players blaming coaches for their own inefficiencies, and in some cases playing groups even having coaches removed.

It's always the coaches fault .... now I'm only 38 but not so long ago players would cop whatever the coach thru at them because afterall a coaches job is to fix the errors, and improve the shortfalls. Being able to handle constructive criticism or being questioned surely is (or was) part of the gig - especially from your leaders.

Some relationships don't work I know that - but (especially) at our level unless you train every night, do the extra stuff, do the right thing from Thursday night until the end of gameday, then players blaming coaches and committee's is weak as Pi$$

The stuff players can do well, we as coaches take for granted ..... but sadly it seems modern day footballers are wired completely differently these days and when it gets hard, or the finger comes in your direction its easier to walk away :(

Seems to be a comparison with the AFL and even our poxy levels of district football. Loyalty becoming a thing of the past, dollars demanding where blokes can and will go, players blaming coaches for their own inefficiencies, and in some cases playing groups even having coaches removed.

It's always the coaches fault .... now I'm only 38 but not so long ago players would cop whatever the coach thru at them because afterall a coaches job is to fix the errors, and improve the shortfalls. Being able to handle constructive criticism or being questioned surely is (or was) part of the gig - especially from your leaders.

Some relationships don't work I know that - but (especially) at our level unless you train every night, do the extra stuff, do the right thing from Thursday night until the end of gameday, then players blaming coaches and committee's is weak as Pi$$

The stuff players can do well, we as coaches take for granted ..... but sadly it seems modern day footballers are wired completely differently these days and when it gets hard, or the finger comes in your direction its easier to walk away :(

And the worst part doon is that there a lot... And I mean a lot.. of blokes out there ready to take a pay packet that of a coach, yet won't take on a coaches position. Money is an essential evil of lower league football, and it's a shame

And the worst part doon is that there a lot... And I mean a lot.. of blokes out there ready to take a pay packet that of a coach, yet won't take on a coaches position. Money is an essential evil of lower league football, and it's a shame
Talking to a ECHUCA United interleague rep today and he has had a 4 offers, one kdfl club( didn't tell me the club but did say kdfl medalist was playing there this year) $800 and Deni $1000 and he said no so they up it to $1200 and he still said no, loyal to EU he said himself money is out of control , money = ruined clubs in the long run

Last edited:

So true, I'm happy to simply cover costs and not have footy eat into the weekly wage (that's for the family) and then let the money go to a player that may help me win a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back