KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reserves should also be tightened. at the moment you dont have to play a reserves game to be eligible for finals as long as you havent played more than 9 senior games. (So in theory the Bendigo Gold boys could have played in the Reserves finals series!!!). The 9 senior game max should stay with an addition of having to play atleast 3 reserves games to qualify.

The Reserves should also be tightened. at the moment you dont have to play a reserves game to be eligible for finals as long as you havent played more than 9 senior games. (So in theory the Bendigo Gold boys could have played in the Reserves finals series!!!). The 9 senior game max should stay with an addition of having to play atleast 3 reserves games to qualify.
I wouldn't mind some sort of exception for the fringe players who have played half/half. So if you've played 7/8 games of reserves or more you could still be eligible. That way it prevents clubs stacking reserves sides for finals once the senior side has been eliminated. It would also discourage them from leaving players in the reserves towards the end of the year if the senior side is unlikely to play finals.

As it stands now, if you have played 10 games of seniors and 8 games of reserves you would be ineligible. That player is just as much a part of the reserves side as the seniors, but would not be able to play reserves. So it doesn't really work as intended in that instance in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind some sort of exception for the fringe players who have played half/half. So if you've played 7/8 games of reserves or more you could still be eligible. That way it prevents clubs stacking reserves sides for finals once the senior side has been eliminated. It would also discourage them from leaving players in the reserves towards the end of the year if the senior side is unlikely to play finals.

As it stands now, if you have played 10 games of seniors and 8 games of reserves you would be ineligible. That player is just as much a part of the reserves side as the seniors, but would not be able to play reserves. So it doesn't really work as intended in that instance in my opinion.
I agree here Blackout, I think it should work on a % ratio! Say you play your 10 senior games & 8 reserves games then you are hard done by if the 1's don't make finals but the 2's do? Most likely if you have only played the 10 senior games & the rest in the 2's you have probably spent a fair chunk of that time on the pine hardly constituting a senior players worth? So why should you be penalised like 1? Yes fair enough we all want to play seniors as much as possible but these ruling's although fair to a point are unfair for the guy just trying his best & in turn can discourage players to push for 1's if they know that they are going to be in & out!

Yeah this rule is fair for clubs who pick up mid year recruits right before cut off & don't play the alotted senior games so they play 2's in finals? Basically my point is that if you play every game for the year but no more than say 65% in the 1's (roughly 11 out of 18 senior games) then you should still be eligible for 1's or 2's during finals whether the other side is there or not! This indicates that yes you have played seniors during the year but also enough in the 2's to not be considered a full time regular senior player! But this also helps as towards the end of the year the clubs aren't debating "Who do we want to win? Do we stack the 2's or do we go for it with both sides etc etc"!

I think it should be looked at, with the obvious exceptions to the rules!

I agree about the fringe players who play half half. Why not keep it simple and have a "free pass" type thing for one player per club who has played over the maximum allowed but Make it that they have to have played a minimum number of reserves games say 6/7. Only one player per club per finals series. League and clubs notified before finals start who the nominated player is.

Here you go;
Any player that wishes to play finals for their club must have played a minimum of 5 club games to be eligible.
To be eligible to play in the reserves finals the player must have played a minimum of 3 reserves games (must still have played a minimum of 5 club games). Once a player has played 10 or more senior games, they must play a minimum of 6 reserves games to still be eligible for reserve grade finals.
Everyone's happy!:thumbsu:

All hail the great JC! The only guy on this forum to serve 2+ years at a Football Club. You're as relevant as floppy discs and the Gramophone mate. Get a grip fossil nuts, other things have changed since you've been sleeping... Gay unions are widely accepted, blacks and whites share the same buses and a guy called Thomas Edison created a model for electricity distribution in 1880. Things change, if you and your club don't you will be the ones that have to fwark off... Simple really
You Collingwood dumb shite who has no idea about the cost, commitment and the passion of small town country footy. You slimy arsked mucking refarkable abuser of of the country side who pays you over the odds?? I expect you to identify yourself for wat you have done on and off the field for your beaut country side .. or are you a dickhead who types with the right hand while letting your left hand be uncontrollable! Que ?? *******. All the best DiddlyDickDak ..John Carrot..

You Collingwood dumb shite who has no idea about the cost, commitment and the passion of small town country footy. You slimy arsked mucking refarkable abuser of of the country side who pays you over the odds?? I expect you to identify yourself for wat you have done on and off the field for your beaut country side .. or are you a dickhead who types with the right hand while letting your left hand be uncontrollable! Que ?? *******. All the best DiddlyDickDak ..John Carrot..
I know dids. I won't out him to prove you wrong but I will say this - he is not paid a cent other than the odd pizza award he occasionally gets for getting in the best. He is an integral part of the club committee and has made a significant contribution during it's transition from league whipping boy to a competitive unit.

Say what you will about his face but don't question his commitment and passion for his club.

Give it a spell JC for christs sake

Did it take you a month to figure out how to reply using nothing but a ink well and a feather? Fair play old ****. Anything Football related to say? As Harry said stick to my face, it's a very average lid. All you need to know is I'm one of the fools who raise the money, and guess what I'm in my 20's. So if you can stereotype then so can I... You fwarkin mizerabil ol' coont...

Interesting Gray stating he has called young locals to come back to the club and they have recommitted, all he ever done was bag them for leaving , and if they played for another kdfl he targeted them,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good afternoon John
You will be dissappointed to know and I am guessing much to your disgust that the redlegs are splashing out a bit of cash at the moment.
At least 2 of our thirds from this season have been offered between $150-300 per game and I know of at least 1 Euroa thirds player also being offered the same amount of coin. Of these 3 only one has tasted senior football.
Paying footballers to play the game has been around for years and will be for years to come, but unless they are proven at senior level, perhaps even a regular U18's TAC cup player or even a good reserves player in a top of the ladder side in the GV or similar level then the money should stay in the till.
Perhaps mention to these thirds players that if they were to make it and be good players they would be then be looked at moneywise but not in November when they are unproven at senior level.
I was hoping this was just a rumour but the info has come from a very good source.
I just hope Jed and the committee can climb up the ladder while at the same time spending their money wisely.:thumbsu:

Hey Hank1 I think you may need to take JC's bigfooty license away from him, by the standard of his past posts he is struggling to steer his keyboard & could cause a severe accident in the near future & hurt someone! As with most old codger's they should resit their license once a year! Hope your wearing a helmet behind that keyboard JC, that's the 1 that goes on top of your head! You know the 1 with the brain in it or in your case LACK there of.... ;)

Good afternoon John
You will be dissappointed to know and I am guessing much to your disgust that the redlegs are splashing out a bit of cash at the moment.
At least 2 of our thirds from this season have been offered between $150-300 per game and I know of at least 1 Euroa thirds player also being offered the same amount of coin. Of these 3 only one has tasted senior football.
Paying footballers to play the game has been around for years and will be for years to come, but unless they are proven at senior level, perhaps even a regular U18's TAC cup player or even a good reserves player in a top of the ladder side in the GV or similar level then the money should stay in the till.
Perhaps mention to these thirds players that if they were to make it and be good players they would be then be looked at moneywise but not in November when they are unproven at senior level.
I was hoping this was just a rumour but the info has come from a very good source.
I just hope Jed and the committee can climb up the ladder while at the same time spending their money wisely.:thumbsu:

Obvisously Matty Chillcot wasn't interviewed by JC as any mention of recruiting players for $$$$ would have seen JC froffin at the gums to eat him alive!! But yes do agree on the paying unproven thirds kids to play isn't the best look if true?

Hey Hank1 I think you may need to take JC's bigfooty license away from him, by the standard of his past posts he is struggling to steer his keyboard & could cause a severe accident in the near future & hurt someone! As with most old codger's they should resit their license once a year! Hope your wearing a helmet behind that keyboard JC, that's the 1 that goes on top of your head! You know the 1 with the brain in it or in your case LACK there of.... ;)
Hey smooth mover, don't expect a reply from JC until about 1am when he wakes from his slumber beside his fallen over bottle of red..;)

Good afternoon John

Yep Sparra, Longwood have an $80k budget for thirds players this year. We then have some retiring AFL rookies coming in after 30 June to qualify for finals. That should guarantee us a flag right???

Yep Sparra, Longwood have an $80k budget for thirds players this year. We then have some retiring AFL rookies coming in after 30 June to qualify for finals. That should guarantee us a flag right???

I havent read it anywhere here so dont shoot me if old news but has Brenton Cooper ex GV FF signed at Longwood as a player and assistant?

Great stuff thats what I like to hear - but don't you think 80k is a bit too much for thirds players ;)
Don't worry about AFL rookies go for the ex champions they make you more gate money :thumbsu:

I havent read it anywhere here so dont shoot me if old news but has Brenton Cooper ex GV FF signed at Longwood as a player and assistant?

Heard he pulled a hammy at his first training (not sure if he was training by himself or at longwood) but with his hammy history, and age, it's not a great start

Coops had a run at longwoods first training run and is set to play for the Leggers next year :) Along with many more new faces!

Coops had a run at longwoods first training run and is set to play for the Leggers next year :) Along with many more new faces!

Coops the the champion he was in his prime had the worst set of hamstrings in country football He will
not play a full game of football next year. Chillcott would be a big chance to play tho and coops making the
moves from the bench .would be great to see longwood win a few games next year

Longwood's recruiting is going well, with Fraser Gehrig confirmed & ex-Morrison medallist linc withers a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back