KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate. It's been an incredible story so far this season. There's plenty of positive stuff going on, but as usual negative crap gets all the attention.
Roar that RIP KDL comment is absolute garbage. I'm sure change is needed and I believe will happen. But "RIP" really???
Didak my concerns are the KDFNL and any other district league are going to be put under pressure in an effort to ensure the viability of clubs in major cities . District clubs have always been a place for locals to play and in many cases are the cornerstone of communities .
I personally don't know anything of the Ardmona or Undera situation other than I have read here or heard from 3rd parties .
Its my opinion from what I have been privy to , that the league is at risk of losing its identity really quickly .

Didak my concerns are the KDFNL and any other district league are going to be put under pressure in an effort to ensure the viability of clubs in major cities . District clubs have always been a place for locals to play and in many cases are the cornerstone of communities .
I personally don't know anything of the Ardmona or Undera situation other than I have read here or heard from 3rd parties .
Its my opinion from what I have been privy to , that the league is at risk of losing its identity really quickly .
Absolute crap is what your hearing and or saying mate! I've been involved in 5 different leagues

Each to their own, BigFooty is a terrible place to get a balanced view in my experience. As enjoyable as the banter on here can be!
Clubs are just trying to compete in the short term like the majority in this unsustainable state of Victoria. There will be a cycle of ups and downs for clubs as has always been the case. Things will evolve as things hopefully become more sustainable. There are different circumstances and challenges for our clubs than that of other leagues, including your PDFL.
Regardless of the review mismanagement of CLUBS will still happen. Regardless of what league they happen to be in.
IMO I'd rather be a club in the KDFL at the moment than South Picola League where we get to anticipate who will lose to Tungamah next!

Absolute crap is what your hearing and or saying mate! I've been involved in 5 different leagues
and been in the kdfl for the last 11 years. The kdfl is as strong as it has ever been. The truth of the situation is the cornerstone of the community has to reach out of the community to field 3 sides each week! How many clubs in the kdfl can rely on only locals to fill 3 sides??? I'm no rocket scientist but I'd say none??
Ardmona have been a successful side in the past and I hope they can be again!
As far as Undera goes, the senior side has 1 flag and 3 grand final appearances and the 2's 2 flags and 4 grand final appearances in my time... Currently as financially stable as they have been and planning for the future!! Not a bad situation from where I'm sitting..

Each to their own, BigFooty is a terrible place to get a balanced view in my experience. As enjoyable as the banter on here can be!
Clubs are just trying to compete in the short term like the majority in this unsustainable state of Victoria. There will be a cycle of ups and downs for clubs as has always been the case. Things will evolve as things hopefully become more sustainable. There are different circumstances and challenges for our clubs than that of other leagues, including your PDFL.
Regardless of the review mismanagement of CLUBS will still happen. Regardless of what league they happen to be in.
IMO I'd rather be a club in the KDFL at the moment than South Picola League where we get to anticipate who will lose to Tungamah next!
As you've suggested the wheel always turns .

and been in the kdfl for the last 11 years. The kdfl is as strong as it has ever been. The truth of the situation is the cornerstone of the community has to reach out of the community to field 3 sides each week! How many clubs in the kdfl can rely on only locals to fill 3 sides??? I'm no rocket scientist but I'd say none??
Ardmona have been a successful side in the past and I hope they can be again!
As far as Undera goes, the senior side has 1 flag and 3 grand final appearances and the 2's 2 flags and 4 grand final appearances in my time... Currently as financially stable as they have been and planning for the future!! Not a bad situation from where I'm sitting..
I haven't professed to know Undera's financial position and haven't come to shit can the league, my concerns are honestly genuine and well intended. From my experience it is a great league .

Its my opinion from what I have been privy to , that the league is at risk of losing its identity really quickly .[/QUO

And your league is above all of this of course

And your league is above all of this - of course

Hmmmm, I'm gonna talk some footy.

Few big games this week, Lanky-Murch, Stanny-VT and I reckon Undera-Avenel might be a close one actually. Either way these games will start to shape the top 6. Very close at the moment. Tips? Why not!

Ardy v Tally - Tally will be too strong 48points
Gig v Nagambie - Nagaz will win comfortably 80 points
Lanky v Murch - Tough one! Lanky have some injuries to cover, will they get any one back? Will go with the Wombats at home, only by 12 points though
Merrigum v Longwood - Dogs to get this done one would think 80+
Stanhope v Violet Town - Should be a good contest,
Undera v Avenel - Will be a lot tighter than most think i reckon, tipping the Swans by 17 points.

Few big games this week, Lanky-Murch, Stanny-VT and I reckon Undera-Avenel might be a close one actually. Either way these games will start to shape the top 6. Very close at the moment. Tips? Why not!

Lanky v Murch - Tough one! Lanky have some injuries to cover, will they get any one back? Will go with the Wombats at home, only by 12 points though
Undera v Avenel - Will be a lot tighter than most think i reckon, tipping the Swans by 17 points.
Nice topic change wmat4, but I did notice that you forgot to mention how much you think Stanhope will win by?? :D:p

Rushworth V The Bye. Every team so far playing against The Bye has notched up the four points and although The Bye lacks scoring opportunities its backline is rock solid and is yet to concede anything. The Tigers have been on the end of some hidings but, in what should be the tightest contest of the round, they should also come home with the four points.

Rushworth V The Bye. Every team so far playing against The Bye has notched up the four points and although The Bye lacks scoring opportunities its backline is rock solid and is yet to concede anything. The Tigers have been on the end of some hidings but, in what should be the tightest contest of the round, they should also come home with the four points.

Haha beat me to it woody...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a tough game vs murch
Good to have vars back for the run home

Haha not me fox, although I know you wish it was so you could bag me out for the 50th time this year! ;)

#1 I'm too old for that shit, #2 I was already having yesterday off anyway, put on a clinic umpiring the 2's tho didn't I Did's?? Haha & #3 I totally agree with what Barney did, if it was upto me they'd be having 2 weeks off!! :):thumbsu:

Haha not me fox, although I know you wish it was so you could bag me out for the 50th time this year! ;)

#1 I'm too old for that shit, #2 I was already having yesterday off anyway, put on a clinic umpiring the 2's tho didn't I Did's?? Haha & #3 I totally agree with what Barney did, if it was upto me they'd be having 2 weeks off!! :):thumbsu:
was only fishing abit
stuff like this can galvanise a group before the real stuff begins

Any names as to who had the week off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back