KDFL Oct 06 -Feb 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

rattray has sign with barooga for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
was drinking with him on the weekend knee is going well!;)

Longwood, Goorambat and Bonnie Doon seem to be the three BDFL sides that have the brightest future. Seems to be many clouds around Tatong and Swanpool and their longterm future. I personally think Goorambat should take on Devenish as a merger/take over, and Tatong and Swanpool look at a similar type alliance. That would leave four teams to join a neighboring league. A southern league is definately on the cards. Not sure how happy Thornton-Eildon & Alexandra are, they fought pretty heavily to join the KD.

Alexandra
Bonnie Doon
Thornton-Eildon
Goorambat (Devenish)
Swanpool-Tatong
Longwood
Yea

(Avenel & Nagambie ???)

Violet town r very very happy in the KDFL and have been made feel very welcome by all bar a few,but if the VCFL decided to move us somewhere else we would go providing it was beneficial to footy in general.If the southern league was to start up perhaps it would look something like this...

Violet town
Nagambie
Murchison
Avenel
Yea
Thornton
Alexandra
Benalla all blacks
Goorambat/devenish
Tatong/Swanpool
Bonnie Doon
Longwood

This would reduce the numbers of teams in the KDFL to 8but with the inclusion of teams say like tonny or euroa or even another nearer to Ky might be the fix..Travel then would be alot less for all..
I do stress that VT is very happy where we r and rapt to be part of the strong KDFL. Change is inevitable though and we should do what is best for the majority not the minority..This is only a surgestion dosnt mean it is right or wrong ,what do you think........:confused: :confused:

Violet town r very very happy in the KDFL and have been made feel very welcome by all bar a few,but if the VCFL decided to move us somewhere else we would go providing it was beneficial to footy in general.If the southern league was to start up perhaps it would look something like this...

Violet town
Nagambie
Murchison
Avenel
Yea
Thornton
Alexandra
Benalla all blacks
Goorambat/devenish
Tatong/Swanpool
Bonnie Doon
Longwood

This would reduce the numbers of teams in the KDFL to 8but with the inclusion of teams say like tonny or euroa or even another nearer to Ky might be the fix..Travel then would be alot less for all..
I do stress that VT is very happy where we r and rapt to be part of the strong KDFL. Change is inevitable though and we should do what is best for the majority not the minority..This is only a surgestion dosnt mean it is right or wrong ,what do you think........:confused: :confused:

I think a southern league as you propose makes a lot of sense and I remember it was raised a few years ago when I was playing at Murch. At the time Murch were dead against beeing part of it as they source the majority of their players from Tatura, Shepp and Mooroopna. Those players felt that it was going to increase the travelling greatly because their homes are pretty central to the rest of the KDFL. I suspect the feelings would still be the same.

rattray has sign with barooga for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
was drinking with him on the weekend knee is going well!;)
Well that blows my Violet Town mail out of the water, ah well good luck to him hope it all go's well for him and my old china plate Gezza Liddell.

Just on the notion that longwood could have a similar relationship with euroa as avenal and seymour do, Violet Town probably already have that relationship with euroa with many heading up the road to vt to be top age in under 17 and returning to euroa with a few vt locals for the final year of under 18s.... However i do recall there were always a few longwood juniors at euroa playing 3rds or playing seconds for longwood so the numbers are probably there.... But my only worry would be how it would effect the numbers in all 3 teams in 3rds from VT, euroa and longwood.
Because Violet Town usually have barely enough and Euroa historically have been cellar dwellars in there 3rds.... This may only get worse if longwood produced a 3rds team

very good point bodzy, but why do they have to have thirds. i have been reeding this forum for a while now and the talk of other teams joining the league and maybe 2 div is good, but there is no reason for teams to worry if they can't field a thirds team as in the ovens and king comp there are a few teams without thirds. and if you remeber back to cgfl dookie had no thirds and i don't think they have one now.

Not that the bus trips and subsequent pub crawls home aren't great, but no more teams from the south, thanks.

Last bus trip down South for the Big Burly Cosby ended in a Migrane and an early ride home with the Presidents wife. I can see why you might not be to keen to head down that way to often Big Fella. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back