KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mighty quiet over on this threa fella's - where did the outoing Rushy 3rds coach end up?

I think that Geoff might be weighing up a few options. Are all senior coaches confirmed for next year? Feel free make any changes -

Ardmona - Brian Simpkin
Avenel - Marc Brooks ?
Girgarre - Scott Hanson
Lancaster - Paul Burnett
Longwood - Paul Cleary
Merrigum - Geoff Connally
Murchison - Justin Williams
Nagambie - Robbie Auld ?
Rushworth - Matt Johnson
Stanhope - Mark Patten
Tallygaroopna - Adam Waasdorp
Undera - Terry Mahoney
Violet Town - Jack Smythe/Geoff Hanrahan

I think that Geoff might be weighing up a few options. Are all senior coaches confirmed for next year? Feel free make any changes -

Ardmona - Brian Simpkin
Avenel - Marc Brooks ?
Girgarre - Scott Hanson
Lancaster - Paul Burnett
Longwood - Paul Cleary
Nagambie - Robbie Auld ?
Rushworth - Matt Johnson
Stanhope - Mark Patten
Undera - Terry Mahoney

Marc Brooks aint at avenel next yr as he will be based over in perth.
Avenel is yet to appoint their senior coach yet im pretty sure

Ardmona - Brian Simpkin
Avenel - Marc Brooks ?
Girgarre - Scott Hanson
Lancaster - Paul Burnett
Longwood - Paul Cleary
Nagambie - Robbie Auld ?
Rushworth - Matt Johnson
Stanhope - Mark Patten
Undera - Terry Mahoney

G’day Clueless
Actually, Clueless wasn’t a bad movie of girls in short skirts .. but on Cup Eve an old bugga digresses.
Dunno about the other KD Clubs but you’ve got Clears (Paul Cleary) right with Rick Shiner as 2IC and playing.
It’s dejavu, tautology and 1970 all over again for Longwood as we head into the unknown. A bit different to back then but this Redlegs Club is renowned for its ability to provide competitiveness, excitement and great fun for all who grace the grounds of the Redlegs Stadium. By the way, the facilities for footy and netball players at the Stadium are first rate .. The ground has a dam to water it, which is full, yet is the playing field is the size of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Home ground knowledge may be interesting.
On the player front ..more will be revealed in the New Year. In the meantime boost your Clubs funds by backing Bart’s Roman Emperor at $8 in the Cup tomorra and donate 10% of your winnings to cover your Club’s forthcoming expenses. Not player payments!!
A question .. why should nebulous, mercenary footballers get paid to play in district level football, when the champions of those who run the Longwood Football Netball Club do it voluntarily?
Write to your Tax office representative .. and copy in your VCFL manager and AFL Andrew for an answer.
Cheers
John Carrot :thumbsu:.. Go Bart Cummings for 13 premierships!!

Marc Brooks aint at avenel next yr as he will be based over in perth.
Avenel is yet to appoint their senior coach yet im pretty sure

My mail has Paul Cox coaching Avenel in 2010, expect to see a few from Seymour head across to the nest.

Also believe Rob Auld will be going around again at Nagambie.

If you get Monty Python you will get JC
Goodonya 50 minus 9 (my playing jumper)
But I couldn't help myself to continue rattling the sabre to ask why poisants should be paid any money to play footy at a "district" level .. for cripes sake!!
But then .. just now .. on the pay sports show is that the CEO of soccer wants crowds limited to 5000 at games cos any over and above costs an extra $80 grand to run the stadium!!
Read the lines which say that we don't want you soccer people to come to the games just pay for pay tv or the ads and watch on TV!!
Bit similar to the bum sniffers ..eh?
But what about nebulous mercenary buggas demanding money to be entertainers in district aussie rules footy. I say give them a contract with the pommie clothing company FCUK .. to all those who demand money to kick the footy!
Cheers
John Carrot

The KDFL forum seems to be the only one that isn't abounding with rumours of off-season signings, the GV sounds as though it's going haywire...

Are there any confirmed signings yet?

The KDFL forum seems to be the only one that isn't abounding with rumours of off-season signings, the GV sounds as though it's going haywire...

Are there any confirmed signings yet?

Adam Brunt to Lancaster is the latest:mad:

Adam Brunt to Lancaster is the latest:mad:

Does he have any connection there Hank, or has he gone for the $..? I'd heard Troy Mitchell has retired, would he play a similar role to what he used to play, or mainly play mid-field?

Does he have any connection there Hank, or has he gone for the $..? I'd heard Troy Mitchell has retired, would he play a similar role to what he used to play, or mainly play mid-field?

Midfield I would assume, yeah not sure on the connections, believe it may be job related, apprenticeship and therefore $ would also be a priority living off that wage. Thought Gig would have been the logical one though with his sister heavily involved there and brother in-law playing.

Any early tips for top 5 for 2010.....

Nagambi
Undera
Murch
Stanhope
VT

Ratray to top the goal kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a rumor that murch has picked up a few, possibly half a dozen players from Tatura reserves premiership side. Can anyone confirm if there is any truth to it?

Ardy had 1st hit out the other night 15 on the park 2 or 3 new players and a rumor a big name from mooroopna might be on his way down to the bushcats.

I heard a rumor that murch has picked up a few, possibly half a dozen players from Tatura reserves premiership side. Can anyone confirm if there is any truth to it?

Couple of ex-AFL 6 foot 5 bruts also, should go ok.

Have heard of a big departure at Stanhope, headed Shepp East way apparently...possibly more to follow?

Midfield I would assume, yeah not sure on the connections, believe it may be job related, apprenticeship and therefore $ would also be a priority living off that wage. Thought Gig would have been the logical one though with his sister heavily involved there and brother in-law playing.
Hey Hank
You know I keep banging on like a jillaroo at a cut-out about "district" level footballers being paid a stipend for each match .. else they go somewhere else? This is apart from things like genuine travelling expenses, payments in barter and match day performance awards.
Yet this story talks of an apprentice boy supplementing his income by being paid a good dollar in the KDFNL as a right like being an employee. Does the ATO know all about this .. he asks naively?
Please explain why Pauline?
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back