KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best to Bodzy who ties the knot with the better half today. All the best mate!

Congratulations Bodzy, looks like you have got a great day for it. Now put on heaps of kg's on the honeymoon so you don't run out of defence so fast next year!!!!!

Goodonya 50 minus 9 (my playing jumper)
But I couldn't help myself to continue rattling the sabre to ask why poisants should be paid any money to play footy at a "district" level .. for cripes sake!!
But then .. just now .. on the pay sports show is that the CEO of soccer wants crowds limited to 5000 at games cos any over and above costs an extra $80 grand to run the stadium!!
Read the lines which say that we don't want you soccer people to come to the games just pay for pay tv or the ads and watch on TV!!
Bit similar to the bum sniffers ..eh?
But what about nebulous mercenary buggas demanding money to be entertainers in district aussie rules footy. I say give them a contract with the pommie clothing company FCUK .. to all those who demand money to kick the footy!
Cheers
John Carrot

Nice in an ideal world, and to paraphrase Reg, what have the mercenaries ever done for us? Unfortunately there are a lot of very ordinary footballers getting money in this league, but what do you do? There are not too many Brenton Gray's hobbling around who play for the club. If clubs dont pay the money, the players walk, the clubs become uncompetitive, the supporter base drops, income drops and the club finds itself in a catch 22 situation of having to spend money they dont have to become competitive again. The towns in this league aren't big enough to field strong sides using locals, so we have to cough up the dough.

Hey Hank
You know I keep banging on like a jillaroo at a cut-out about "district" level footballers being paid a stipend for each match .. else they go somewhere else? This is apart from things like genuine travelling expenses, payments in barter and match day performance awards.
Yet this story talks of an apprentice boy supplementing his income by being paid a good dollar in the KDFNL as a right like being an employee. Does the ATO know all about this .. he asks naively?
Please explain why Pauline?
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
You need to check your own veggie patch before you come on here waffling on about big money being offered, when your mob are offering the big bucks around to whoever will listen

6 foot 5 bruts? Bradshaw, Lloyd and Lucas for a start...

Hansford...apparently..

Hansford u say very doubtful I would say, but then again money talks as he has got none:eek:
Was more interested in the more to follow comment:confused:

Hey Hank
You know I keep banging on like a jillaroo at a cut-out about "district" level footballers being paid a stipend for each match .. else they go somewhere else? This is apart from things like genuine travelling expenses, payments in barter and match day performance awards.
Yet this story talks of an apprentice boy supplementing his income by being paid a good dollar in the KDFNL as a right like being an employee. Does the ATO know all about this .. he asks naively?
Please explain why Pauline?
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

The Apprentice boy you speak of, Adam Brunt is a 33-34yr old Morrison Medallist, dual PDFL Medallist etc, etc. I do believe a single father of one who has just gone back and started an apprenticeship has every right to go to a KDL club and supplement his income so as to support himself and his young daughter. As for the ATO, many, probably not all (assume that is the case in your neck of the woods) actually do pay players through the proper means and players do get taxed, so yes I would call that being an employee.

By the way I said he has every right to do that, but I do believe he still should have stayed at Tonny!

The Apprentice boy you speak of, Adam Brunt is a 33-34yr old Morrison Medallist, dual PDFL Medallist etc, etc. I do believe a single father of one who has just gone back and started an apprenticeship has every right to go to a KDL club and supplement his income so as to support himself and his young daughter. As for the ATO, many, probably not all (assume that is the case in your neck of the woods) actually do pay players through the proper means and players do get taxed, so yes I would call that being an employee.

By the way I said he has every right to do that, but I do believe he still should have stayed at Tonny![/QUOTE]

I obviously don't know anything about the specifics of Brunt's decision, but I would be surprised if, I assume correctly, Lancy were able to offer Brunt more $ than Tonny (considering $ seems to be his main motivation for leaving).. Lancy aren't notorious big spenders are they??

Also, Rushy look likely to announce 4 very handy recruits for next season. All under 23 who can play a bit.. One a local coming back, 3 from out of town. Club will prob announce names in one of the local rags.

Couple of ex-AFL 6 foot 5 bruts also, should go ok.

Have heard of a big departure at Stanhope, headed Shepp East way apparently...possibly more to follow?
Hansford wouldnt be classed as a "big departure", from the games i saw him play this year he hardly got a kick. 17 year old kids were playing better then him.. Maybe had a bad year?. You could only hope.

Hansford wouldnt be classed as a "big departure", from the games i saw him play this year he hardly got a kick. 17 year old kids were playing better then him.. Maybe had a bad year?. You could only hope.

Yes I was surprised by the big departure call and so was he when I quized him on it... He played every game i think and got beat in the B&F by his cousin in Hoota who only played a handfull of games... But to his credit I thought he was best on in the elimination final easily against the Hoppers. But still when he is goin he is a quality player:thumbsu: Just a bad year Id say....

Yes I was surprised by the big departure call and so was he when I quized him on it... He played every game i think and got beat in the B&F by his cousin in Hoota who only played a handfull of games... But to his credit I thought he was best on in the elimination final easily against the Hoppers. But still when he is goin he is a quality player:thumbsu: Just a bad year Id say....

Right you are, he smashed us in the elim final, as did Pappin....the "big departure" part was poking shit at my mate at Shepp East..and, the "more" part i spoke of before was more of a question as to who Stanhope or anyone else might be losing/getting?

As for Murch, we havent lost anyone as yet, and haven't signed anyone yet either, very quiet..

I obviously don't know anything about the specifics of Brunt's decision, but I would be surprised if, I assume correctly, Lancy were able to offer Brunt more $ than Tonny (considering $ seems to be his main motivation for leaving).. Lancy aren't notorious big spenders are they??

Also, Rushy look likely to announce 4 very handy recruits for next season. All under 23 who can play a bit.. One a local coming back, 3 from out of town. Club will prob announce names in one of the local rags.

Yeah only heard 2nd hand of the reason, and that was the apprenticeship thing Tav. Story I got was his boss couldnt keep him on and someone in the know at Lancy has allowed him to continue his apprenticeship with them, I am sure the money for playing would be similar between the two clubs, as I agree Lancy have not been big spenders in the past, that anyone from the outside knows of anyway!

Word is Stanhope has offered big dollars to Warren Sidebottom (former umpire). Just wondering if anyone can confirm this, and/or details....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah only heard 2nd hand of the reason, and that was the apprenticeship thing Tav. Story I got was his boss couldnt keep him on and someone in the know at Lancy has allowed him to continue his apprenticeship with them, I am sure the money for playing would be similar between the two clubs, as I agree Lancy have not been big spenders in the past, that anyone from the outside knows of anyway!

Has Brunt ever won a premeirship ?

No, pretty sure he has not played in a GF either.

May have played a big part in the decision, Lancaster has finished 3rd last two years and will looking to go a couple steps better this year with it being there centenary. I think Lancaster would have more of a chance to win the flag than Tonny or Gig.

May have played a big part in the decision, Lancaster has finished 3rd last two years and will looking to go a couple steps better this year with it being there centenary. I think Lancaster would have more of a chance to win the flag than Tonny or Gig.

Do you have anymore news for us KDFL SPY on Gig, looking back on your posts the last bloke you said they signed has gone to lanky.

Mainland... hansford when at his best you couldnt stop..wouldnt think he would consider himself a big name player in any side tho...but coming from w.a club last year where he was a dominant player in the M.R. to vic this year what went wrong... i had been trying to follow his season but missed most updates... they tell me he had a rough season on and off the ground..?.. whats the reasons for his departure to shepp east...money????

They've also just signed Shane Gemmill from Mooroopna as Ass Coach. :thumbsu:

Are they sure its their centenary? Didnt they announce that a couple of years ago and recruited/kept players thinking that it was going to be a big celebration only to find it wasn't their centenary. Might wait till March and see if they have gone through the record books again only to find its not until 2012!!:D

P.S. Good way to keep/recruit players though

Mainland... hansford when at his best you couldnt stop..wouldnt think he would consider himself a big name player in any side tho...but coming from w.a club last year where he was a dominant player in the M.R. to vic this year what went wrong... i had been trying to follow his season but missed most updates... they tell me he had a rough season on and off the ground..?.. whats the reasons for his departure to shepp east...money????

Is that u Wobb?? Deff the money was a factor in my opinion:thumbsdown:, also Smudgie Mason would have swayed the decision in the Eagles favour. But good luck to him!!

Do you have anymore news for us KDFL SPY on Gig, looking back on your posts the last bloke you said they signed has gone to lanky.

I thought like many that he was a certain starter for Gig, this coming fom coach, comittee and several players, was even mentioned in Shep news that he would most likely lineup for Gig.

Are they sure its their centenary? Didnt they announce that a couple of years ago and recruited/kept players thinking that it was going to be a big celebration only to find it wasn't their centenary. Might wait till March and see if they have gone through the record books again only to find its not until 2012!!:D

P.S. Good way to keep/recruit players though
We could've just ignored the old biddies at the town library who 'unearthed' new info at the time, but they were so excited by their find that we pulled the centenary and rescheduled for 2010.

If they come forward again with 'new' history they'll be sleepin with the fishes. ;)

we could've just ignored the old biddies at the town library who 'unearthed' new info at the time, but they were so excited by their find that we pulled the centenary and rescheduled for 2010.

If they come forward again with 'new' history they'll be sleepin with the fishes. ;)

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back