KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure the boys from melb are staying at hopper crossing and arnt making the trip up the highway to undera.......................
Ive hear that they had a praccy match against cam stokes side from geelong and all played

Incorrect. We have played both games for Undera thus far! we went and watched the boys play against Bell Park and Matty Stokes didnt play. Good story though.

Incorrect. We have played both games for Undera thus far! we went and watched the boys play against Bell Park and Matty Stokes didnt play. Good story though.

im must stop talking to those Altona Boyz my bad carry on Undera....:D

Goal for goal from start to finish. VT got up 18.6.114 vs. 17.6.108.

Sean Horsburgh hurt his shoulder and Rayan Moore did his quad. Was a great game to watch. Skills were very good from both teams for a first hit out. All blacks had 40 blokes and we had 24 over 6 quarters. We had 12 unavailable due to parties, weddings, hangovers and injuries. The Gray-town took several contested grabs up forward.

Lets hope he's not reading this bodzy - but you couldn't wipe the smile of his face later in the day

Sean Horsburgh hurt his shoulder and Rayan Moore did his quad. Was a great game to watch. Skills were very good from both teams for a first hit out. All blacks had 40 blokes and we had 24 over 6 quarters. We had 12 unavailable due to parties, weddings, hangovers and injuries. The Gray-town took several contested grabs up forward.

I think it was him who told me he slipped on the turf wicket and that did his quad..

Had a look at VT yesty. Was surprised by the quality of the game to be honest. Was good to watch and nice and close. Ground was in top nick too. Some good recruits on display for VT. Montgomery shone, #6 looks a likely type - nuggety onballer not sure who he was and Patty Horsburgh what was he doing there??? Apparently considering leaving Euroa to play with his bro Shaun. Massive inclusion if he signs. Towners quietly confident I think this year

Nagambie fixed up Colbo by around 6 goals, both clubs have players to come back in Colbo more than Nagambie.

The Haysom boys turned it on.

Rattray left the ground in the 2nd or 3rd with what looked to be some kind of leg problem nothing bad I dont think I seen him walking around ok at Longwood the next day.

Both sides had some good young kids runnung around.

I had a look at longwood for a 1/2 on the weekend, Can someone help me out with how North Wang go, are they any good in their comp?

Dont think they won a game last year in the Ovens & King

Nagambie fixed up Colbo by around 6 goals, both clubs have players to come back in Colbo more than Nagambie.

The Haysom boys turned it on.

Rattray left the ground in the 2nd or 3rd with what looked to be some kind of leg problem nothing bad I dont think I seen him walking around ok at Longwood the next day.

Both sides had some good young kids runnung around.

I had a look at longwood for a 1/2 on the weekend, Can someone help me out with how North Wang go, are they any good in their comp?

Wooden spoon last year, no wins I think

Wooden spoon last year, no wins I think
G’day Slimbo you footy bimbo!
With all your local knowledge we would also have to put you right up there on what’s happening with Fev, Lara and Clarkey?
Tongue-in-cheek mate as you called me an “old timer”! Now it’s your serve...

Yes North Wang “non-undefeated” last year, (look that word up in your Funk and Wagnalls dictionary) but a top day for all concerned last Satd’y at Redlegs Stadium
Firstly Murch brought over their under 18’s for the early game which had two benefits. We touched based with the Murchison troop leaders who stayed on and both of the kids sides had a good hit out.

Six quarters of footy then took place (? Hope the new education program from Julia Guillard can explain the arithmetic of how you get six quarters .. and the young nebutantes can figure out how much 200 yen a game from a Japanese car manufacturer means in $AUD!!)

Scrappy game as said by another poster. A lot to do with March lack-of-fitness resulting in strong tackling.

North Wang coach Gary O’Keefe would have been pleased with a young bloke at full forward called Jack Finger; “stuck it right up ‘em”, as Teddy Whitten would say. Jack kicked 5 or 6 in Nth Wang’s win by one point yet the winning margin was kicked by Mick from Longwood as Hawks injuries required three of the Leggers to change jumpers at ¾ time.

Good set of numbers on the field for the Redlegs checking out this magnificent Club and Duggan, Boulton and Rito had another run on familiar territory since 2008. It’s up to those boys to decide from now on.

As I’ve said to you and J O’D before .. this all should have happened 12 months ago instead of the pathetic treatment given to us by the “suits in the city”!!

To finish. A great day of practice match footy.
All visitors very impressed with Redlegs Stadium facilities and another practice match against Euroa Twos on 27 March.

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
PS Nebutantes = New players wanting money
Roasted Beetroot = I’ll resubmit the best way to roast beetroot if there is a demand!!
The Vegieman Carrot..;)

Yeah caught up with Sean (Duggan) this arvo said a few of them went up yesty. Football world has gone made brtb - absolute spuds getting $200pw, and teenage kids with a dozen or so senior games under their belts wanting
good coin these days. What happens when they cant get 25-30 touches a week, do they offer to give half (or more) back?

Your spot on Doona2, spuds that can't mark or kick want good coin, unfortunatly for footy it happens everywhere. :thumbsdown: How can a player turn up for a few beers with the boys after a game knowing he didn't get a kick but still happy to collect. Where's the integrity.:(

Can someone please tell me what sort of a footballer David Lawler is? Thanks in advance.

If this is the same Dave Lawler.

Not sure he has played in the KDFL for a year or 2. He was at Nagambie and maybe Avenel for a bit in the 2nds. He had it in his head that he as a tad better than what his ability.

Training was always a bit of a problem for him and I think he may have jumped ship when times were a bit hard a Avenel.

Please tell me that he is not asking for $$$

He is 40 foot pole job mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt agree more mate i believe that every club should make a policy that no player be payed if not complete more then 50 SENIOR games at any club unless there are some extreme reasons. make them earn there coin then see the quality of footy

How old would he be Snibs???

Dave would have to be about 29/30 I'd reckon mate, played most of his footy at Nagambie & if memory serves me correctly may have won an U/18's B&F.

Not sure he's played the last few years, when he played at Nagambie he never trained and was happy to run around in the two's. If he was committed he could hold a spot in KDL one's at best, but as a previous post suggests he thought he was a better than his ability.

Premiers: Hopefully avenel but i think nagambie
Wooden Spooner: Longwood or Ardmona
League Medal: Subba Arandt (avenel)
Biggest improvers: Avenel
Biggest sliders: Stanhope
Goal Kicker: S.LaPorta (undera)
Most expensive side: Undera
Most under rated player: Jac Smith-Williams (avenel)
Most over rated player: no idea
Most paid player: who knows
Most loyal player: agree with doona it would have to be subba arandt
Toughest bloke in league: no idea
Biggest sook in the league: definantly the bloke from ardmona who went to shepparton swans

So i see the rumour of these signings from echuca are true lets see how this turns out i think this year will hold a few suprises anyone else agree?

G'day, hope I have the right comp here. I will be over Ardmona way this weekend and was wondering if they have any praccy matches there on Saturday? Can anyone from Ardmona FC confirm?

Old Gray town, I remember watching him play junior footy, was probably the most talented person that I have ever come across. Footy(big strong marking forward), B-ball(Sale Sonics champion), Cricket(bowled super fast, I'm talking smoke), sprinting (ran a 10.6 100M one day, amazing, smoke was coming off him), all round great bloke really!

Old Gray town, I remember watching him play junior footy, was probably the most talented person that I have ever come across. Footy(big strong marking forward), B-ball(Sale Sonics champion), Cricket(bowled super fast, I'm talking smoke), sprinting (ran a 10.6 100M one day, amazing, smoke was coming off him), all round great bloke really!

7ft tall, can breathe fire out his mouth..... Might be stretching it a bit there mayhem.... ;)

You failed to mention his paintball skills.

He did marry into a great family though.

You failed to mention his paintball skills.

He did marry into a great family though.

Yeah, copped a few paintballs in the groin one fateful day, hopefully he can still produce children to repopulate the Violet Town forward line.

Yeah, the family put on a mean BBQ, I hear.

Our former great prez, hows the great man going at Avenal,are they a chance to make finals. Im sure hes recruitng hard, and drinking even harder. Heard he was pretty succesful up in Cairns, but just could not beat his mate and former coach. Will be great out there and we at the lions wish him all the best........ and dont let Ratray win the goal kicking.

To any Melbourne based players.....

Anyone who is currently living/working in melbourne, playing in the Gv/ O&M etc etc and need a venue or a group to train with, please PM me with your details.

Anyone is welcome.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back