Keep Your Heads Up Guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having worked closely with and followed a startup team this year, in the Melbourne Rebels, I know how the uncertainty and frustration gets to you. We lost our first game in a massacre against the Waratahs, and were pummelled to a greater extent by the Reds.

But that first win, for you guys who have watched and helped build your club from an idea to the big time, it's...just indescribable.

So too is the second, and the third.

You guys will be fine.

im sorry i dont see the suns rising this year. i think we will have to wait til next year to here the club song

I think our biggest issue for the year is who is going to kick our goals as Dixon and Matera can't do it all. Gorringe and Smith rotating between Ruck and FF will help but we need another crumbing player with real gol sense.

Prestia can do some serious damage in the forward line, but that means he's not in the midfield. I'd expect him to spend time in both positions throughout the season.

Not sure how Bennell played last week (didn't see it, only the first game), but he certainly can make an impact in the forwardline.

Caddy played some dangerous games as a mid-sized forward in the U18s but I'm not sold on whether he can do it in the AFL.

Toy can also be dangerous forward (lets face it, he's dangerous everywhere. He's like an improved Luke Hodge).

If you maintained a rotation of these guys with a few potential cameo appearances from Day and Lynch I would think you'd kick a few goals.

Those who think we might be despondent have probably only seen the scores, rather than the whole matches from the past 2 weeks. I've seen a lot of good signs in the way we're playing. Every player is contributing. Some of them are performing way ahead of where I thought they'd be this early. We got the ball out of the centre more than the Bulldogs on Saturday, but couldn't convert it into a big score. That will come eventually. At this stage there are heaps of things to be positive about.

I think our biggest issue for the year is who is going to kick our goals as Dixon and Matera can't do it all. Gorringe and Smith rotating between Ruck and FF will help but we need another crumbing player with real gol sense.

Totally agree. Sam Day at 196/96 is a FF in the making. Bring him into the team as a forward option other than Dix. Day would also be the replacement for Dix if he gets injured. Successful teams have as many posies covered as possible with options.

The resting ruckman could be deployed at the opposite end of the ground so that two are on the field for sideline throwins. Centre bounce - one R goes to bench. Thats their rest.

Resting ruckmen are not FFs. They can jag a goal, but don't ask them to lead or present a marking option for most midfielders who are scurrying out of traffic at full speed with a small window to find a target.

Dix is getting double tagged cos defenders know that theres no real FF. :( Bring in Sam Day.

Have got a few wrong but that's footy. I got 6 last week. Missed Freo and Sydney. This week I'm going for Collingwood (72), Hawthorn, Essendon (100% so far) Sydney, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Freemantle.

Sydney lost
Gold Coast lost
Adelaide lost
so you got 4/7 this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep Your Heads Up Guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back