Injury Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was listening to Triple M after the game last night and the Doc that does Triple M said he was walking around unimpeded which sounds like a good sign, they wouldn't have put him back on the field if it was anything serious

Yet they did last time.

Can someone please answer my question before I start popping bullets into cats. is darling okay?

Obviously I hope any injury Kennedy has is only minor but to be honest if he can't play next week it may be a blessing in disguise. He's done next to nothing (understandably) in his 2 games back and even an out of form Lynch could hardly be doing any worse.
I'd rather both Lynch and Kennedy.

Hopefully when they hit the training track this week Kennedy will be running freely. Keep us updated people. I think this might be his break out game.

I don't really care too much. Im not sure his output this finals series is going to be that good unless we go very very deep. Just unfortunate needed an extra couple of weeks.

Serious?

It's not about his output, JK in our team makes us better (unless of course he's missing a limb or two).

Even if he only takes a couple of marks, all he really needs to do is present, provide a contest, and chase a bit. If he is fit enough to do that, then we have a far better chance of winning.

Serious?

It's not about his output, JK in our team makes us better (unless of course he's missing a limb or two).

Even if he only takes a couple of marks, all he really needs to do is present, provide a contest, and chase a bit. If he is fit enough to do that, then we have a far better chance of winning.
Lynch does that. I think their output atm is not likely to be that dissimilar. Obviously kennedy will improve every week and lynch not so much. In other words i don't see kennedy not getting up for the north game to be very damaging to our chances against north. I don't expect his output to be anywhere near his best.

@ Patronij1. I agree to a point, but I think Kennedy's ability to contest and chase is much better than Lynch's even at his probable reduced output. Personally I'd still rather Kennedy over Lynch but hey, we've played really well with both of them in the team previously so why not

Lynch does that. I think their output atm is not likely to be that dissimilar. Obviously kennedy will improve every week and lynch not so much. In other words i don't see kennedy not getting up for the north game to be very damaging to our chances against north. I don't expect his output to be anywhere near his best.

Kennedy is miles better than Lynch and is a threat to take contested marks deep forward. Sure his form isn't at his best as yet but it's still a bigger threat than Lynch which requires opposition to structure to counter that threat.

He is also miles better at ground level in terms of recovery and pressure and his football IQ is way ahead of Lynch.

The overrating of our modest squad players seems to never end on this board ...

Kennedy is miles better than Lynch and is a threat to take contested marks deep forward. Sure his form isn't at his best as yet but it's still a bigger threat than Lynch which requires opposition to structure to counter that threat.

He is also miles better at ground level in terms of recovery and pressure and his football IQ is way ahead of Lynch.

The overrating of our modest squad players seems to never end on this board ...

Yes, and I think part of the reason Darling was dominant on Friday was due to the Hawthorn defense and coaching staff being Kennedy-conscious. Lynch will never have this effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and I think part of the reason Darling was dominant on Friday was due to the Hawthorn defense and coaching staff being Kennedy-conscious. Lynch will never have this effect.

Which is why I think we should play Lynch over Strijk. Lynch offers as much up the ground as Strijk and a potential mismatch for Lynch or created by Lynch for Darling for example adds more to our side than a small guy who doens't win much of the ball or create chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back