Toast Keplaar

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo4life

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think it is safe to say that many/most people did not have big kep in their best 22. So far this year i venture to say that he is definitely in our best team based on form and imo would hold his spot if he displays said form consistently. I hope he does as he is creeping up into my top 5 fav players:thumbsu:

Keplaar for the 2012 Coleman lock it in!!! :D

Just Coleman? You're selling the big Fridger short mate. How about Brownlow, BnF, Norm Smith and Coleman all in one year? And why wait until 2012? Get on the K-Train right now!

If anyone can do it, its the Mighty Keplaaaaar!

I've become a fan. His unco-ness can lead one to believe he's not smart but he's playing smart footy at the moment. Of course his effort has never been in question. I notice he's starting to garner some respect from the talking heads on Vic footy shows too.
All heart and soul. Will be interesting to see if he holds his spot as other players become available.

kePLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!?!

Nothing gets my heart racing more on game day than that big cave man gathering the loose footy and almost falling over / constantly attempting the don't argue on tackling opposition / making an uncontested mark look contested / dashing away with only his big right paw wrapped around the sherrin / snapping on goal (he's not far from our best - set shot and open play) / screaming at or giving the death stare to umpires... :heart:

He's the new Clive lads, get on board!

i can't remember what year he was drafted,but i guess he is really starting to mature as an afl footballer.if keps can keep improving on his actual ruck work which i believe he is,it will lessen the damage whilst sandi is resting.keep on, keeping on kepler.:thumbsu:

I love Kep's work. If he keeps his form up, the rest of the players would have to be playing out of their skin for him to lose his spot. Even then he would make the perfect substitute.

Rumours have it that the manufacturers of kevlar are considering legal action on the basis that his name is too close to their own super tough bullet proof product.

I think it is safe to say that many/most people did not have big kep in their best 22. So far this year i venture to say that he is definitely in our best team based on form and imo would hold his spot if he displays said form consistently. I hope he does as he is creeping up into my top 5 fav players:thumbsu:

Keplaar for the 2012 Coleman lock it in!!! :D

To get him out of the 22 we would need all or most of the following to occur;

Morabitto to make his comeback and Pav to go forward.

Sibosado to emerge as our best developing KPP.

Zeee Clarke to emerge as a genuine forward option.

Other than those things, he is ahead of MJ and Silvagni at what he does, surely.

I think Kep is even starting to justify his original draft position of 6 as taken by Essendon. Out of that 2003 draft, Adam Cooney is a standout at 1 - but the rest of the top 10 is probably either below the value/impact that Kep is having to us at the moment (2. Andrew Walker, 3. Colin Silvia, 4 Farren Ray, 5. Brock McLean, 8. Raphael Clarke) or is an outright bust (7. Kane Tenace, 9. David Trotter, 10. Ryley Dunn (...sigh)

Beyond the top 10, we probably got at least the equal best player in Mundy at pick 19. Out of the rest, I would probably only trade Kep with Heath Shaw (taken at 48, but father/son so not really relevant), Sam Fisher (pick 55) Brent LeCras (pick 56), and Micheal Rischitrelli (pick 61).

So while he is often considered a draft bust for Essendon, at this stage I see him as probably the 6th best player taken ... right where he was.

As far as where Freo got him - 69th pick on the 2007 draft - steal of the century.

... as a tangent, how bad was the 2003 draft - I actually feel much better knowing we indirectly picked up Keplar instead of just ending up with Mundy (good), Dunn, Murphy, Campbell and Peake (not so good) - and we probably did as well as anyone.

74197522.jpg

Not to mention his ability to a one handed push up and use the force to pick up the ball in his other hand - he learnt such skills from the Jedi Master - Hird

(ripped from another thread on bay 13 IIRC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get on board! Got his number put on the back of my new jumper before the geelong game in round 2. Hoping to inherit some sick keplarrr skillzzz along with it. 26 lives again.:D

I think Kep is even starting to justify his original draft position of 6 as taken by Essendon. Out of that 2003 draft, Adam Cooney is a standout at 1 - but the rest of the top 10 is probably either below the value/impact that Kep is having to us at the moment (2. Andrew Walker, 3. Colin Silvia, 4 Farren Ray, 5. Brock McLean, 8. Raphael Clarke) or is an outright bust (7. Kane Tenace, 9. David Trotter, 10. Ryley Dunn (...sigh)

Beyond the top 10, we probably got at least the equal best player in Mundy at pick 19. Out of the rest, I would probably only trade Kep with Heath Shaw (taken at 48, but father/son so not really relevant), Sam Fisher (pick 55) Brent LeCras (pick 56), and Micheal Rischitrelli (pick 61).

Are you saying Brent LeCras is a better player than Kepler??? You must be kidding:thumbsdown:

Kepler has been really good so far this year, playing mainly as a CHF/Ruck. At this rate it means that Anthony is almost competing with Mayne for a Key Forward position, and with Mayne also on his game, that could be a while.

Gee the game has changed - I never thought that ungainly forwards like Bradley and Kennedy who only kick 2-3 goals a game would really take off. Just shows how much more emphasis is put on having a range of options...

74197522.jpg

Not to mention his ability to a one handed push up and use the force to pick up the ball in his other hand - he learnt such skills from the Jedi Master - Hird

(ripped from another thread on bay 13 IIRC)

Well posted. Kep hird the truth about his father, and had to learn the force the harv way. The training he went though to master these skills is unrecognised, and all I can deduse is that Kep is an achiever. He works hard for team mates, his father is perhaps Mick Malthouse; and who knows? He might drive cars around tracks and call himself the Stig?

One thing for sure is that Kep is a cult hero. Maybe oneday likened to legends such as Dale and Clive. I vote 1 for Kepler.

Kepler has been really good so far this year, playing mainly as a CHF/Ruck. At this rate it means that Anthony is almost competing with Mayne for a Key Forward position, and with Mayne also on his game, that could be a while.

Gee the game has changed - I never thought that ungainly forwards like Bradley and Kennedy who only kick 2-3 goals a game would really take off. Just shows how much more emphasis is put on having a range of options...

Players that are good enough to ONLY kick 2-3 goals a game should be celebrated. Take a look at how few players kick 44-66 goals a year without finals. The fact that we may have one for a very late draft pick at so young an age in Keplar who can also ruck is a God send!:D:thumbsu:

Bloody Sheedy, you see what he's doing... he wants him - build him up, stroke his ego, tell him he's underappreciated....:mad: Keep your stinkin' dirty rotten westie bogan hands off of OUR Kepple!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Keplaar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back