Past Kieran King (2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Kieran King

Some comments about King's state screening:

K.King: 20 metre sprint got 3.10 i think was his best and also did a 13.10 in the beep.

King 3.10s - was it on one leg? He should be able to run sub 3s in his sleep - would've expected somethin around 2.80s.

im pretty sure Kings best 20 metre was only 3.1 but he may have got 3.00 or 3.03 his 1st run was only 3.16. He isnt accelaration quick he is more top speed quick. He gets smashed out of the blocks in the 200 so he isnt quick of the mark. He has great top speed not accelaration. May struggle to get drafted this year after his performance.

spoke to k.king this afternoon and im pretty sure he said he ran a 2.89 or around about that mark.

i know he was very dissapointed with his beep also

Being such a speedster it would have been nice if he was very quick off the mark instead of the top end speed which you can't really use in footy.

Could be very handy out on a wing though.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but the other players on our list from East Freo are Simon Black, Mitchell Clark and Bradd Dalziell, with King as the 4th. That club has been very good for us.

Kieran King at training/informal intraclub yesterday:

kierankingym7.jpg

kieranking2pj8.jpg

Looking at those photos above[thanks Grim], it is still hard to believe that Kieran is still only 17, he will turn 18 next month. With apologies to a possible oversight but I’m happy to announce the building completion of "his wagon".

I’ll kick off the celebration with a ‘don’t be surprised if he earns a small forward gig in the ones, later this year’.

Be warned, any Republicanism or negative talk about the reign of King Kieran, will not be tolerated by Fanatical Freddie. :D

AFLQ practice match vs Mt Gravatt

2008 draftees Todd Banfield and Kieran King collected 17 disposals apiece in their first formal outing in Lions colours while Aaron Cornelius showed that he may be groomed as a defender by playing a vital role at full-back.
Not bad for a first up effort.

Adrian Fletcher

He’s a 400m national champion and he just glides across the ground. He’s a work in progress. He has blistering speed and a good kick and is on a learning curve during his first season.

scaled.php

I remember playing against this kid in the smarter than smoking school cup a couple of years ago. Playing as a small forward, he was bloody quick on the lead. And was bombing long goals from set shots.

We won the game but .:D

Good luck to him :thumbsu:

Link

The Lions can create two vacancies on the senior list with No. 1 ruckman Matthew Leuenberger and draftee midfielder Kieran King both out with long-term injuries.

king2.jpg

Link

Kieran King (ankle) - 10-12 weeks

Voss

"...we've now got two spots on our list available, Kieran King has gone on the long term injury list, along with Matthew Leuenberger."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delisted without playing a senior game, and with a year to go on his contract. Considering he spent all year on the long term injury list this is a bit unlucky.

Really just seems like they have cleaned out the entire list and will re rookie a few that they think will complement the list a bit better. Seems very strange to delist someone like King.

Perhaps it was a matter of just clearing it all out, fitting the main players in first and then rebuilding the rookie list over the drafts.

Will be rookie listed with the club in 2010.

Interesting. Thanks Jackson7. :thumbsu:

Could someone please explain the benefit / possible thought processes behind this move?

Does it essentially mean that they've freed up a spot on the list at the cost of a year's salary for a draftee?

Does it imply that they rate the kid but think he's unlikely to play seniors next year and intend to "load up" on players via the drafts that are more likely to play next year?

Interesting. Thanks Jackson7. :thumbsu:

Could someone please explain the benefit / possible thought processes behind this move?

Does it essentially mean that they've freed up a spot on the list at the cost of a year's salary for a draftee?

Does it imply that they rate the kid but think he's unlikely to play seniors next year and intend to "load up" on players via the drafts that are more likely to play next year?

I think you've covered the two most likely reasons for this line of thinking by the club. :thumbsu:

Ah, I didn't realise only half a rookie's salary gets included in the cap (if wikipedia is to be believed).

That makes the move a little bit "cheaper" I guess...

Does anyone have draftee salary figures lying around? I seem to recall a sliding scale depending which round they go.

Will be rookie listed with the club in 2010.
Exactly what I've been waiting to hear. :)

- I do hope the 'gentlemans agreement' between clubs re delisting/re-rookie-ing holds up. Is Kieran still injured?

I'm guessing the Lions would have preferred to put him on the rookie list last year, if he wasn't too young. Perhaps this was the plan all along.

Ah, I didn't realise only half a rookie's salary gets included in the cap (if wikipedia is to be believed).

That makes the move a little bit "cheaper" I guess...

Does anyone have draftee salary figures lying around? I seem to recall a sliding scale depending which round they go.

Link

3rd and subsequent Rounds National Draft Selection: $46,300 inclusive of superannuation, medical/health insurance) and $2,600 per senior game in 2008.

It also says that rookies must be paid a minimum of $30,000. I'm guessing King will see out his original two year contract but now with only half his salary counting towards the cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Kieran King (2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back