King & Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

Zeroman

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2006
Far Nth Qld
AFL Club
Geelong
Are King and Ling doing a KK pretence show?
King is a great player when fit, yet IS HE ultimately pulling down the club?
We have high hopes of King, just like we did with KK.
I wonder if King can deliver next year.
Yes we need him, but a reality check - can we depend on him?

I wonder if Ling is suffering the KK syndrome, running (ever so hard) in circles and a waste of space.
I would rather see Prismall, Tenace and later Varcoe develop and get game time INSTEAD of (let's kick sideways/backwards) Ling.

Pillman said:
Are King and Ling doing a KK pretence show?
King is a great player when fit, yet IS HE ultimately pulling down the club?
We have high hopes of King, just like we did with KK.
I wonder if King can deliver next year.
Yes we need him, but a reality check - can we depend on him?

I wonder if Ling is suffering the KK syndrome, running (ever so hard) in circles and a waste of space.
I would rather see Prismall, Tenace and later Varcoe develop and get game time INSTEAD of (let's kick sideways/backwards) Ling.

I still think Kingy has a fair amount of value to the team. He and Otto responded well in the second half on Saturday after getting toweled up by Jolly for the whole second quarter.

I used to be a huge Ling fan, but since he's been copping a bit of criticism this year, I decided to look at his play closely over the past few weeks, and I'm beginning to feel he is really struggling with the new style of AFL footy. There were also a number of times he just blindly either kicked or handpassed over his shoulder in our attacking direction, only for it to go straight into the arms of a Swan who then began to attack. He's slowing down on his reflex play, and so has no confidence to look for the right decision - "just get rid of it as quick as I can!"
I'm actually coming to the point of wondering whether he's a trade option??
Thoughts?

I'm all for a trade for Ling

I think his biggest problem is this years new stlye of play, too fast for him.
Licuria and Mcviegh are 2 other players that have found it tough this year.

The game isn't gunna change so Ling I believe will have the odd great game but in the long run he will struggle.

Sando said:
I'm all for a trade for Ling

I think his biggest problem is this years new stlye of play, too fast for him.
Licuria and Mcviegh are 2 other players that have found it tough this year.

The game isn't gunna change so Ling I believe will have the odd great game but in the long run he will struggle.

What Mark McVeigh. He will nearly win Essendons Best and Fairest had an awesome year. Played as a defensive played and has had some big scalps.

cat in sydney said:
Maybe he means Jared McVeigh (Swans?)

Same thing he has played most games this year and is contributing. The new rules have helped him as he is quick and a more of an outside player.

Lings got a future at the Club, mainly due to his good service and big engine.

Should play the defensive tagging role, on players such as Bucks, West Harvey ect. The older and slower types that still do damage.

Thats when he plays his best Footy.

King must do a full pre-season. IF he breaks down, he breaks down. So be it. But he needs to be fit to play at todays level of AFL. Get fit or retire.

Soupy said:
Lings got a future at the Club, mainly due to his good service and big engine.

Should play the defensive tagging role, on players such as Bucks, West Harvey ect. The older and slower types that still do damage.

Thats when he plays his best Footy.

King must do a full pre-season. IF he breaks down, he breaks down. So be it. But he needs to be fit to play at todays level of AFL. Get fit or retire.

Agree.

The problem re Ling is that the older, slower types are not as prevalent as they used to be. Who do we play him on against the Eagles, for example?

King must either play, or not. Enough of nursing him through games and spending 3/4 of them on the bench.

West doesn't have explosive pace, yet he still has a spot in the Bulldogs. Pace isn't everything, just look at Tenace, who whilst is still developing is far from a regular at KP.

Ling did have fantastic skills not too long ago, they seemed to have dropped off along with most of our onballers, does that say something ?? The coaching panel behind the midfield needs to start afresh, get rid of them for someone who can bring our midfields skill level and tactics back up to scratch.

The likes of Kelly, Ling, Enright can run all day, sure don't have much pace, but with great useage of the ball they don't need to. The problem lies there, effective use of the ball. Especially Ling and Kelly's stats have gone down remarkably in the last 2 years.

Is this due to Cresswell leaving ?? I think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol sorry I meant Peverill

I was and still am a big fan of Ling but he isn't in the same class as West and never will be

If they keep him as a tagger then he should stay but not as a link up man he's just not gunna cut it anymore

What really has happened to Kelly?? I remember thinking this guy was gunna be a gun

Trade Ling?

To who and for what?

Ling will not be even considered for a trade and even if he were who would take him?? And what would they give us that we would consider of value - no one and nothing.

Ain't gonna happen.

We have other trade bait.

I think we've got the best that we will ever get out of those two blokes over the years. IMHO there's no improvement left.
In the words of Gretel Killeen: "It's time to goooooo..... "

Theres been way worse then him. He has struggled abit this year but that doesnt mean we get rid of him. There will be way more players under pressure at the end of the season then Ling.

:thumbsu: I agree if we continue to put up with King and his injury prone body for another year we will miss the chance of playing a consistent ruckman? and for Ling all he does is puffs and pants around the ground and when he does get the ball he craps himself and gives it up. Time to get him out of the middle he is to slow. Time to Trade, sendback to VFL, or put out to pasture.

i think a run in the vfl for ling isn't such a bad idea
and king's time is up as far as i'm concerned. its pointless having a player on our list who spends the majority of the season watching from the stands injured, and then when he is 'playing' its not even 4 quarters of footy. and the ridiculous thing is that he's our captain. he needs to hand over that captaincy and think twice about playing on next year. we need a player who we can rely on.

Remove this Banner Ad

King & Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back