Kingswood Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone watch the modern Kingswood country in about 1997, wasn't too bad the first season but the 2nd season was rubbish and got canned, still nothing like the orginal.

Brad-clare said:
Did anyone watch the modern Kingswood country in about 1997, wasn't too bad the first season but the 2nd season was rubbish and got canned, still nothing like the orginal.
Yeah Ted was living in a retiremement home or something, and had a hot looking grand-daughter that was always there from memory.

It was woeful. :thumbsdown:

Brad-clare said:

Bullpit.

Only lasted one season - 16 episodes.

Even that was too long.

Thankfully, this was the last sitcom Gary Reilly ever got up.

Brad-clare said:
It was crap. It tried to appear like it was still politically incorrect, whilst carefully not being. A good recipe for boring as hell. Should have stuck to what worked instead of worrying about the PC mob potentially complaining, might have been worthwhile then.

Kingpin said:
Yeah Ted was living in a retiremement home or something, and had a hot looking grand-daughter that was always there from memory.

It was woeful. :thumbsdown:

The Grand Daughter was good!!:D :D

Never talked about Bruno, Greta or Craig, yes could and should have been a lot better!

What about the greyhounds, Repco Lad and Gay Akubra!

and the time Royalty (Graham Kennedy) visited Wombat Crescent and they gave him a slab of Pal Dog Meat for dinner!

I agree that Thelma not returning from her Woman's Day Holiday she won really caused the show to go downhill.

Kingswood Country was when Australian Television was Australian. Sadly those days are outnumbered and shows like this will never be made again.

I've got the first box set and looking forward to purchasing Volume 2 (3 Disc Set) next!

Magpiespower said:
Bullpit.

Only lasted one season - 16 episodes.

Even that was too long.

Thankfully, this was the last sitcom Gary Reilly ever got up.

Poor Ted only had the company of his granddaughter and the champion goldfish, Kieran in the retirement village! :D

Cro_Pavo said:
and the time Royalty (Graham Kennedy) visited Wombat Crescent and they gave him a slab of Pal Dog Meat for dinner!
LOL I've got that here on DVD, the look on his face when he's trying to eat Thelma's prize-wiining meat loaf (which is accidently swapped for a can of Pal Dog Food) is priceless. :D

Yeah I was watching it earlier today.

Really gotten hooked on the show on the last couple of months on Foxtel, great Aussie comedy.

I've only seen a couple of the episodes without Thelma, Bruno's mum got on my nerves a bit with that fake Greek accent in those ones but keen to see the rest of them.

A Ted Bullpitt night comin up tonight!!!! Think the marathon goes til midnight.

Yeah I was watching it earlier today.

Really gotten hooked on the show on the last couple of months on Foxtel, great Aussie comedy.

I've only seen a couple of the episodes without Thelma, Bruno's mum got on my nerves a bit with that fake Greek accent in those ones but keen to see the rest of them.

A Ted Bullpitt night comin up tonight!!!! Think the marathon goes til midnight.

Ahem, Italian (which probably makes it worse).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to get all of the first 60 episodes of this show.

Bruno asks a question to Ted after Thelma told Bruno that ted knew all the answers to the questions on Sale of the Century.

'What state is Canberra in?'

'Bloody shambles. I win, you lose, I'm the king of the castle'

Ted to Bruno while cooking his eggs for breakfast. 'Don't put spaghetti in it'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingswood Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Back