Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't matter how times you read it, it's still nonsense.

We get the ball inside 50 enough to be able to score more than 10 to 14 goals a game. We had more inside 50's in both loss's to Essedon & only about 3 less when we lost to Carlton. Half our goals come from midfielders. Our weakest link is our forward line, particularly Koschitzke.

Making a contest & bringing the ball to ground doesn't make a FF.

There is no room for sentiment in footy, if a player is a liability, then they have to be dropped. He has shown some glimpses of of form, last week he was ok, apart from that he' been crap all year.

Time to go & give Stanley a shot. Those who might say "he had his go & didn't do much", I agree, he did about the same as Kosi but I reckon between the two Stanley has the most potential to improve.

Time to go, not just Koschitzke either.

The main difference between Kosi and Stanley is their defensive pressure. Stanley with his pace can really pressure and harrass opposition defenders, which is something a lot of people overlook. Kosi on the other hand is pretty slow and cumbersome when the ball hits the ground and defenders run off him too easily.

Kosi has more offensive power than Stanley at this stage but he isn't doing enough offensively to make up for his shortfalls defensively. If he was taking a heap of marks and kicking 4 or 5 goals you could probably wear his lack of defensive pressure.

I'd maybe persevere with Kosi for another week or two but if he doesn't improve then bring in Stanley.

Can't everyone see it, look at our forward setup and how many talls and smalls we had a couple of weeks ago, and compare that with last night.

You could not change a working structure any more if you tried :eek:

Do you guys reckon Kosi is going badly enough that he might be offered up for trade this year? What kind of price tag do you think he'd have? I'm sure there would be a few interested clubs who think they can turn him around.

Do you guys reckon Kosi is going badly enough that he might be offered up for trade this year? What kind of price tag do you think he'd have? I'm sure there would be a few interested clubs who think they can turn him around.

Well I've been talking up a 4-way trade - Hale to Geel, Blake to Stk, Fraser to NM & Kozi to Coll. The problem is, StK have re-signed Kozi for some bizarre reason.
Malthouse, Thompson & Scott at least now realise that Fraser, Blake & Hale are no good, but for some reason, Lyon rates Kozi highly & keeps playing him in the faint hope `he'll come good'. Kozi's finals series will determine his future or lack thereof.

Why would we want Blake? Kosi can play in the VFL as well as Blake can.

Yeah as average as Kosi has been recently I would still prefer him to Blake, Hale or Fraser.

Kosi still has the potential to be a good player for us if he can string some games together and get some confidence back. Needs to start producing some good performances soon though.

Why would we want Blake? Kosi can play in the VFL as well as Blake can.

If only Blake accepted our "lucrative" offer in 2008.
Kosi and Blake in the same team. Now that would've been something. Cue the Benny Hill. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Kosi is supposedly in the team for the structure and he's role was to bash the backs and bring the ball to ground for the smaller blokes, this is not happening. So the question is why?, why is he in the team. We keep saying he has the potential but when was the last bloody time we saw it?. Needs some time in the two's, but will that do it?. Lets hope.
Would love nothing more than to see the big bloke back to his best but, he's bet is not now and we need the best going into the finals.

Interesting to hear the two views.

Leigh Matthews:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99430/default.aspx
More and more, Koschitzke is looking too slow and cumbersome as a forward and is moving with the limited agility of most ruckmen. As a big full-forward Koschitzke is averaging only a goal a game, which is just not enough to justify his current role unless he adds the extra string to the bow of being the second ruck option as well.

Ross:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-air-new-training-routine/story-e6frf9jf-1225899754979
Lyon described Justin Koschitzke's form as "not far away", comparing his role to that of former Adelaide forward Matthew Robran. "To the outside world, I know they're looking for higher marks and more goals, but I thought he has been quite functional."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell did St.kilda sign Koschitzke on a two year deal ?

So now we can trade him to the Gold Coast for a pack of twisties instead of losing him as an uncrontracted player for nothing :thumbsu: :D

IMO we're too predictable with Kosi at FF. He plays out of the goal square because it's pretty much all he's fit enough to do and once we get it to half forward everyone knows where it's going. Then once it hits the ground he's useless. He needs to be played in the ruck pronto because he's too slow for key position. Ross can say whatever he wants but surely one goal a game while doing little else from your FF isn't enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back