Kournikova knocked out first round at Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

Overated and it's sad to see a professional sport like tennis revert to smut to make money....

Totally useless....except for one thing....;)

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Overated and it's sad to see a professional sport like tennis revert to smut to make money....

Totally useless....except for one thing....;)

Nothing wong with that.

Originally posted by Slax
I think she'll have a bigger problem than addidas wanting her to win, soon tournaments will just give up on giving her wildcards as it is not worth it. She'll be washed up and forgotten about by the end of next year.

I disagree - because she is such a drawcard for the males, they will watch her no matter how many times she looses. When lots of people come, that equals more money, and Anna draws a crowd wherever she goes.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
Anna in tennis is analagous to any manufactured band in the music industry.

Image over talent.

And from what I saw from that post-match interview the other night, she's not very happy with the direction that image is going.

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by jod23
I dont get what the big deal is with her?? Martina Hingis is miles better looking and she can actually play with 5 grand slam titles already under her belt.

Anna who? Martina all the way!

Hingis looks like road kill.

Originally posted by Bluey
you_idiot - a better doubles player than what??

She's a joke. Good for eye-candy and sweet FA else.

garbage. It just proves that the game is just as much to do with the mind as it is to skill. At her best she is a 10- 20 ranked player, its not like she lost to a qualifier or someone of the standard of the aussie women. She lost to a seeded player who has ability. However her best surface is grass but the match was always going to be a toughie for her, Im sure she has been ranked number 1 in the world for doubles too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kournikova knocked out first round at Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back