reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
Did any of you guys go? I went and thought they didn't do the best job. In fact, in comparison to SOS's testimonial, it was quite pathetic. I thought the food was of small proportions and the fact that Kouta said not to approach him during the night, so he could enjoy it with his family was, i thought was quite rude. I understand he wanted to spend some of the night with his family, but he now has the rest of his life with his family and all we were asking for was a photo and a personal autograph. I mean, he didn't even personalise the autographs before the evening even began.

Although, Kate Cebrano was pretty good, and the speeches were quite humorous, as Kouta's speech was quite touching. But there was no way that the evening was worth 130 dollars!

What did you guys think?

Did any of you guys go? I went and thought they didn't do the best job. In fact, in comparison to SOS's testimonial, it was quite pathetic. I thought the food was of small proportions and the fact that Kouta said not to approach him during the night, so he could enjoy it with his family was, i thought was quite rude. I understand he wanted to spend some of the night with his family, but he now has the rest of his life with his family and all we were asking for was a photo and a personal autograph. I mean, he didn't even personalise the autographs before the evening even began.

Although, Kate Cebrano was pretty good, and the speeches were quite humorous, as Kouta's speech was quite touching. But there was no way that the evening was worth 130 dollars!

What did you guys think?

i went to SOS's and thought that was the best by far...ratten's was the worst.

but $130?!?! my mate said it was $165ea or $1500 if you book for table of 10.

i thought it was a great night suppose it was free.......
thought the food was great entree little small but the steak was quality and the desert was good.. think they prepared 1300 dished entree main desert what do you expect.....
highlights of career was great and bringing up the 99 prelim final send chivas down you're back....
i was siting two tables behind kouta and he had people asking for photos all night, this is where people dont state the facts..
it was at the end of the night where they asked for privacy....

i thought it was a great night suppose it was free.......
thought the food was great entree little small but the steak was quality and the desert was good.. think they prepared 1300 dished entree main desert what do you expect.....
highlights of career was great and bringing up the 99 prelim final send chivas down you're back....
i was siting two tables behind kouta and he had people asking for photos all night, this is where people dont state the facts..
it was at the end of the night where they asked for privacy....

firstly, the entree and the steak was of high quality, but it was jus too small.

secondly, the desert tasted like licking someone's feet.

thirdly, kouta told us out the front, whilst getting his autograph, that he didn't want anybody coming up to him during the night and that out the front was our only chance.

i went to SOS's and thought that was the best by far...ratten's was the worst.

but $130?!?! my mate said it was $165ea or $1500 if you book for table of 10.

was too, my apologies... and if it was no-where near $130, then it's even worse that i payed $165 :(

I couldnt have disgreed more with you.

The night was brilliant one of the best things ive ever been too, i havent been to another testimonial so i cant compare it to but ive been to a few functions and it was a lot better than any of them.

It is fair enough for Kouta to want some of the night to himself, he was very accomodating to everything from what i saw and was more than good when signing autographs before the night started.

As for the food i thought it was all beautiful your whinging about the size but while it wasnt a huge meal it certanily was adequate, go to any top restaurant and a steak will only be that size.
but really at the end of the day all your grog was free so why did the food matter

I think you need to stop whinging and enjoy things mate, I think your expectations are far too high cuz if you didnt like that night there is something wrong with you.

First one I have been to, so hard to compare.

I flew in from Sydney with my wife and daughter,stayed at Crown therefore
the night cost me about $1500 for the three of us.
Having said this I thought the service was fantastic and the food was great but on the small side, the desert was a dollop in a plate that was like a flying saucer.

The night was exeptional,the way Bucks,Hirdy and Richo spoke about Kouta was befitting of our Champion,Kate Cebrano was great but my absolute bonus was that before that night my daughter was only a token supporter but after having her photo taken with Marc Murphy, Stevo, Gibbsy,Fev and Josh j she has turned into a True Blue like me...oh yeah I had my photo taken with a 4 time premiership coach and I did hear him say that he had written Kouta`s speech.

All in all I thought it was a great night....8/10

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Kouta's Testimonial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back