KPD's this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Welsh - Col Garland
Brad Johnson - Cameron Bruce
Rob Murphy - Paul Wheatley/Daniel Bell
Daniel Gia - Matthew Whelan
Jason Akermanis - Clint Bartram
Mitch Hahn - Chris Johnson

No match-up for Matt Warnock there IMO. Or Stef Martin for that matter. Warnock might survive to play on the resting ruckman but one of them will have to be dropped to make way for a smaller defender IMO.

My money is on Frawley returning, he's got the height and pace to play on a couple of the names above and has been in good form for Sandy.

hate to say it but melbournes back line is possibly the worst matchup for the dogs. we arte nearly all tall defenders and the dogs dont have any tall at all.

ps. clint bartram will get towled up by aker if they play on each other.

Warnock on Hahn. Hahn is much too strong for CJ.

Someone that isn't Wheatley on Murphy. Wheaters gives good run off defence and we need someone more accountable on Murphy who is very dangerous. Maybe Bell on Welsh (we all remember last year) and Garland on Murphy?

Daniel bell has had god form on welsh in recent times, i would like to see garland go to murphy and warnock on hahn (not the most ideal match up but the best fit for him)

Give bartram a chance on aker, if not wheelan is plan b.

Stef martin will make way purely through match ups.

Isn't big Will playing more as a forward atm?

I would have Garland on Murphy - Garland seems to have the agility to go with him.

Warnock to play on Hahn as he has started forward the last few weeks.

Martin if he stays in the side to go to Big Will, (Has a descent leap on him to play on the taller players).

Bruce to his old mate in Johnson. (Rarely betten by him of late)

Bartram to Gia

C.Johnson to Aker - Only issue is seeing how accountable CJ is?

I'm thinking Garland to Murphy as well, Murphy is not a huge goal kicker but is important in setting up a lot of goals, so he needs someone who can play tight to minimise his impact, can match him for height and has the tank to follow him up the ground on to the wings.

Garland ticks all the boxes for me and seems like our best match-up, the others worry me though.

Warnock to Hahn seems like an obvious choice, but then i'm not sure who we send to Minson when he goes forward. Frawley will probably come in for martin as he's more agile, so maybe he can take Hahn and Warnock can go to Johnson.

Sounds like some strange match-ups, but obviously traditional setups aren't working against them when they're playing teams a lot better then us, so we may as well give something different a try.

I don't think any of this will matter anyway, with McLean out we're a certainty to get smashed in the midfield. So i'm guessing our defenders will put in a gallant effort like most weeks, but their forwards will just have too many opportunities as usual and you can't stop them every time.

Brock is a massive loss, don't get me wrong, but i still think that we will at least be competitive. I am actually looking to see if Dunn to claim another scalp and is given the job on Cooney. I am liking what he is doing at the moment.

Yeah, Dunn would lower Cooneys colours..

Cooney is the king of the handball receive, very much a sheep dog type player who isnt accountable for his opponent at all - which is why Kane Cornes had over 40 possessions last week.. Dunn will do a much better job if he dedicates himself to stopping Cooney, and might even come out on top if he runs off him at the right time.

He might even get Griffin, that kid can seriously play..

Brock is a massive loss, don't get me wrong, but i still think that we will at least be competitive. I am actually looking to see if Dunn to claim another scalp and is given the job on Cooney. I am liking what he is doing at the moment.
No doubt.

Will be Dunn's biggest job yet, Cooney is in Brownlow form.

The way I see it:

Scott Welsh - Warnock (seems to be a good match-up strength/pace wise)
Brad Johnson - Bruce (always does a good job on Jonno, but we will miss his midfield drive so the coaches may risk using Bell on him)
Rob Murphy - Garland (ideal match-up I reckon. Another good effort by Col may = Rising Star nomination)
Daniel Gia - Bartram
Jason Akermanis - Matthew Whelan perhaps? (Does he have the tank when Aka goes into the midfield? I can see Aka ripping us to shreds TBH.)
Mitch Hahn - Wheatley maybe? Or maybe they'll bring in Frawley for Martin - who did nothing wrong in his first game but may be without a match-up. (we need someone to match Hahn's attack on the ball, so another player I'm worried about.)

I don't know why but I have a funny feeling we could do quite well on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys think that Jeff White will be selected?

Most likely. Dominated for Sandringham and took this week off from VFL footy.

As much as I'd like to see Dunn go to Cooney I don't think it'll happen, but going to Griffen would be a more suitable match up.

I reckon play Green on Cooney and hopefully Greeny can be as damaging as Cooney would be

First couple of match ups seem obvious to me:
Gia - Whelan
Aka - Bartram (or vice versa)

That leaves Murphy, Johnson, Welsh, Hahn and Minson. With Brock out I'd play Bruce in the midfield because we will need experience there, plus it gives someone a good learning curve on Johnson. Whilst Minson is the only genuine tall alot of the others play tall so I wouldn't be dropping any of our talls, but actually bringing in a taller player which would be either Bell or Frawley in for Bode (surely he is out of chances now) I'd go with:

Murphy - CJ - played well on O'Keefe a few weeks back
Johnson - Garland
Welsh - Bell/Frawley
Hahn - Warnock - strong body needed
Minson - Martin

This backline may look to be short on run, but Bode provides as little as Martin anyway, the other option is to play McDonald or Bruce (both probably on Johnson or maybe Whelan on Johnson and someone else on Gia or Aka) but I think they are better in the middle.

hopefully bell is back in this week. i think he will line up on welsh because i reckon he'll shut him down. this is not the most important matchup though i believe that griffin is the most important doggies player. would like to see dunn on him. i also think that bartram should man up on gilbee and stop his run. mcdonald to man up on cooney.

First couple of match ups seem obvious to me:
Gia - Whelan
Aka - Bartram (or vice versa)

That leaves Murphy, Johnson, Welsh, Hahn and Minson. With Brock out I'd play Bruce in the midfield because we will need experience there, plus it gives someone a good learning curve on Johnson. Whilst Minson is the only genuine tall alot of the others play tall so I wouldn't be dropping any of our talls, but actually bringing in a taller player which would be either Bell or Frawley in for Bode (surely he is out of chances now) I'd go with:

Murphy - CJ - played well on O'Keefe a few weeks back
Johnson - Garland
Welsh - Bell/Frawley
Hahn - Warnock - strong body needed
Minson - Martin

This backline may look to be short on run, but Bode provides as little as Martin anyway, the other option is to play McDonald or Bruce (both probably on Johnson or maybe Whelan on Johnson and someone else on Gia or Aka) but I think they are better in the middle.

Looks good, mate. Although Bruce has always done a terrific job on BJ, I think we need him in the midfield this week.

hopefully bell is back in this week. i think he will line up on welsh because i reckon he'll shut him down. this is not the most important matchup though i believe that griffin is the most important doggies player. would like to see dunn on him. i also think that bartram should man up on gilbee and stop his run. mcdonald to man up on cooney.
Cooney is way to quick for junior

Remove this Banner Ad

KPD's this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back