Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2013
Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-03-15/statement-nathan-krakouer

Port Adelaide player Nathan Krakouer is recovering from surgery on a broken jaw after an incident while out with family in Perth in the early hours of Saturday, March 12.

The 27-year-old was outside a nightclub when he was struck in the head. He has reported the attack to police, who are investigating.

Krakouer was in Perth on a club-sanctioned break but Port Adelaide Football Manager, Chris Davies, says his decision to be drinking at a nightclub was unacceptable.

-----

That's going to hurt his chances going forward

Should never put himself in the situation for it to happen. He will have alot of work ahead of him to regain Kenny and the boys trust again.

Also hopefully he heals up well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointing.

I'll back him to apply himself 100% from now on and come back better than ever. Absolutely needs to, because I think he can be a vital part of our first 22.

For some reason I can't see the story simply being 'Krak was just chillin, nek minut, left hook to the jaw'
Hope he responds to this by having a huge part of the last half of the season rather than going the other way and falling off the wagon.

Disappointed that he was in that situation in the first place. Why have a beer right before the season?
True. He may have been innocent in the broken jaw but players really do put themselves at risk when out in the public, even with family, especially at night, nightclubs etc. It's tough on players as they are easy targets but the repercussions are massive on their short careers. Glad the club have gotten this out in the open immediately, no smoke and mirrors at least. Good lesson for the other players and for Dixon (who was photographed with his family and a baby while on leave :rolleyes:)

Wasn't he injured?

Therefore shouldn't have been drinking?

Probably cost him big time that decision.

As it should.

Yep he was in injury rehab so not allowed to drink. A very dumb decision and he will pay for it.

Also I wouldn't have wanted to be him fronting up to Hinkley and the leadership group to tell them what had happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back