Kumar Sangakarra

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying a champion can't be acknowledged because his side is unsuccessful?

That's absurd.
Of course it is. Bobby Skilton only ever played 1 final. Everyone knows he's a champ though.

Kind of wonder why Sangakkara wants to retire from the ODI format after this tournament. Three not out hundreds in his last five ODI innings, and an average of 81.16 (four 100s, five 50s) at a strike rate of 98.18 over his last 15 ODI innings.
I suppose nobody wants to end their career like Ponting did? I doubt he'd slide as far as Ricky but going out while still a force would be pretty satisfying.

I suppose nobody wants to end their career like Ponting did? I doubt he'd slide as far as Ricky but going out while still a force would be pretty satisfying.

I don't know, I always see retirement as a concession that you can't do it anymore. He certainly can still do it, though. Personally, if I was performing like that, I'd be enjoying it and want to keep on going.

Not sure why you're trying to bait with your posts, he's one of the most universally respected and admired players and nobody is likely to do anything other than (rightfully) lavish praise on him.

having a bit of fun hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think that's a very useful basis for comparison, Sanga has played 144 innings v Tendulkar's 329 innings.
144 is still a shitload of innings'. Tendulkar did it for longer but Sangakkara did it better.

3 hundreds on the trot? anyone wanna find a way to have a crack at that :p

no problem

1st one against banglardesh doesnt even count
2nd one against england doesn't count because england are shit
this one against australia was a good one but they still lost, a waste of time.

overrated.

no problem

1st one against banglardesh doesnt even count
2nd one against england doesn't count because england are shit
this one against australia was a good one but they still lost, a waste of time.

overrated.
Your constant belittling of him is just so stupid. He makes runs literally everywhere, yet you always find an excuse.
he has as many tons outside the subcontinent as virhat kholi
Always an excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kumar Sangakarra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back