Kumar Sarna-The next best thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was able to watch the kid bat when they played hawthorn monash in the country round. He made 142 or somethign ridiculous. Then during that week he had the u/18 carnival and broke the record for most runs in the week. In about 6 days of cricket he was overaging 70 or so. One side in the carnival tried to sledge him big time and they got reported and stuff. The kid should go places

I was able to watch the kid bat when they played hawthorn monash in the country round. He made 142 or somethign ridiculous. Then during that week he had the u/18 carnival and broke the record for most runs in the week. In about 6 days of cricket he was overaging 70 or so. One side in the carnival tried to sledge him big time and they got reported and stuff. The kid should go places

Racial sledging?

concur, the quality in Australian sub first class cricket would be close to english county cricket and better than some countries FC competitions.

and was the warren ayres still running around? in district cricket recently?

Warren Ayres still playing and still going alright at 41.

You are the one judging them. This thread is about Sarna. Never intended it to be about a comparsion between Kumar and Hill. You did that.

My first post says

Fellas, before you start creaming over this bloke, keep in mind theres also another 18 year old called Michael Hill in the main academy squad this season. A left handed ponting.

I never said Sarna is better or worse there. I said Hill is pretty bloody good and shouldnt be forgoten.

Each player in the carnival was given a handbook of all the players playing in the carnival an this team cut his picture out an stuck it on there helmets. I was said one of them gestured to spit at it. Pretty low by them

6 players from the Western Spirit are involved. The short leg did it and three balls later off the spinner almost got collected by a full blooded Sarna pull shot:p

My first post says

Fellas, before you start creaming over this bloke, keep in mind theres also another 18 year old called Michael Hill in the main academy squad this season. A left handed ponting.

I never said Sarna is better or worse there. I said Hill is pretty bloody good and shouldnt be forgoten.

FFS mate. Mentioning Hill's name in this thread in that context infers one thing.

Why not mention James Pattinson?

and give me a break....left handed Ponting? FFS mate, get your head out of his rectum.......Ponting, at Hills age was already playing First Class Cricket and making hundreds.......

Why not call him the new Bradman.

Now back to your studies....

FFS mate. Mentioning Hill's name in this thread in that context infers one thing.

Why not mention James Pattinson?

and give me a break....left handed Ponting? FFS mate, get your head out of his rectum.......Ponting, at Hills age was already playing First Class Cricket and making hundreds.......

Why not call him the new Bradman.

Now back to your studies....

Why dont you ask why I say that before making unjust comments chump. Have you ever seen the bloke play? The way he bats is in the same mould as ponting. Plays with hard hands, likes to play aggressively and is an excellent fielder. Oh wait, hes left handed.

Cant you handle two bloody good players coming through? Gets you a bit figety?

And why not mention James Pattinson? Because hes predominately a bowler. Thats why. Now stop having a bloody hissy fit buddy. I think the heat has got to you:rolleyes:

I think both those lads were born overseas.

Not that it makes them less Australian, but they don't 'come from Australia'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good time to bump this thread.

Sarna is a star.

Sarna - he aint the only asian.

Usman Khawaja - Born December 18, 1986, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Major teams - NSW Blues 2nd XI

Highly rated

We could have a Pakistani & an Indian both playing for us in a few years.

Then imagine if Shaun Gillies (West Indies) converts his sublime allrounder tallents into consistency. Then we will have a Indian, Pakistani & a West Indian.

Then to warp your minds even futher imagine if Luke Ronchi keeps playing like he does..........and Henriques progress's as he will and then................then........................in our side............

- Kiwi
- Indian
- Pakistani
- West Indian
- Portugal

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Could we become the new England.

6 players from the Western Spirit are involved. The short leg did it and three balls later off the spinner almost got collected by a full blooded Sarna pull shot:p

my bro was in that team he told me the exactly the same thing what u just wrote and they put a picture of him on there helments it was shepparton under 18 carnival. lol no joks

Sarna - he aint the only asian.

Usman Khawaja - Born December 18, 1986, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Major teams - NSW Blues 2nd XI

Highly rated

We could have a Pakistani & an Indian both playing for us in a few years.

Then imagine if Shaun Gillies (West Indies) converts his sublime allrounder tallents into consistency. Then we will have a Indian, Pakistani & a West Indian.

Then to warp your minds even futher imagine if Luke Ronchi keeps playing like he does..........and Henriques progress's as he will and then................then........................in our side............

- Kiwi
- Indian
- Pakistani
- West Indian
- Portugal

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Could we become the new England.

Andrew Symonds is west indian

How come Sarna isn't in the Vic squad??? Surely he would be good enough?

No way. Has a rookie contract but thats it. Cricket is alot different to AFL. Most cricketers at 18-19 are considered very good if they're playing Grade 1s. Very rare to see a 19 year old playing First Class matches.

Anyway, he hasnt been dominating district 1s and you wouldnt expect him to be either at his age.

No way. Has a rookie contract but thats it. Cricket is alot different to AFL. Most cricketers at 18-19 are considered very good if they're playing Grade 1s. Very rare to see a 19 year old playing First Class matches.

Anyway, he hasnt been dominating district 1s and you wouldnt expect him to be either at his age.

He dominated a number of 1st XI games last year. 148 vs Hawthorn in Shepparton was the stuff of legends. He can play. Premeirship player at 18 with Dandenong, made 26 and 49 in a game when individual scores over 20 were like hen's teeth. He dominated the Twenty20 final against Melbourne last year with 66 not out. He is a star. Hasn't been available just yet for Premeir side Dandenong. Will play this Saturday vs Footscray at Shepley. Come along and have a look....

Remove this Banner Ad

Kumar Sarna-The next best thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back