Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gws-suns-show-interest-in-crow-20121025-288b0.html

Wow if Adelaide delist him he becomes a free agent and can go to the club of his choice!

Did anybody here know this?

I'm sure Tippetts lawyers will be putting the heavy on Adelaide to do just that.
That article fails to mention a 4th option, that he could be de-registered by the AFL and they decide what his immediate faith is.
I would be surprised if the AFL would allow Tippett to simply walk to a club of his choice.

By one ranking method, in which UOM has just stuck its nose in front in the last year or two. Most other ranking systems have the ANU higher and UOM lower.
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012-13/world-ranking
feel free to end your arguments here. And i'm sorry, weren't we talking about the present...and no one could give a rats fart what other random ranking systems are used, if you are going to use a system to quantify uni's, times is the best. And to further justify this point, Good universities guide has Bond university as Australia's top ranked uni...

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012-13/world-ranking
feel free to end your arguments here. And i'm sorry, weren't we talking about the present...and no one could give a rats fart what other random ranking systems are used, if you are going to use a system to quantify uni's, times is the best. And to further justify this point, Good universities guide has Bond university as Australia's top ranked uni...

And when you get in the workforce they judge each person on their job not what uni they go to.. Somewhere in the Bob Skilton bar there is a a school/uni thread, can we goddam take this argument about uni's there.

This really has been a pretty poor trade period from the swans perspective...looks like we might lose a few depth players who aren't worth much in draft picks, and therefore are actually worth more to us as depth...been dragged through the mud with this whole Tippett business. If we do land him tomorrow it's a huugee risk for a player we might not be able to even play. Seemed like he'd be a good get 3 weeks ago, but we need to step away now.

Need to draft well and hope a few fringe guys like Lamb, Mitchell ect step up while needing the premiership 22 to improve collectively also, because everyone else has been improving their lists while we've stood still.

This really has been a pretty poor trade period from the swans perspective...looks like we might lose a few depth players who aren't worth much in draft picks, and therefore are actually worth more to us as depth...been dragged through the mud with this whole Tippett business. If we do land him tomorrow it's a huugee risk for a player we might not be able to even play. Seemed like he'd be a good get 3 weeks ago, but we need to step away now.

Need to draft well and hope a few fringe guys like Lamb, Mitchell ect step up while needing the premiership 22 to improve collectively also, because everyone else has been improving their lists while we've stood still.

Hello Tim Membrey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when you get in the workforce they judge each person on their job not what uni they go to.. Somewhere in the Bob Skilton bar there is a a school/uni thread, can we goddam take this argument about uni's there.
Actually some professions like law, they still do.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150261/default.aspx

ADELAIDE has been accused of deliberately deceiving the AFL by promising Kurt Tippett $200,000 outside of his contract and suggesting it be kept secret from the League.

The Crows and Tippett are under a League investigation which now also includes allegations of salary cap cheating.

The Age reported on Thursday night that the AFL was investigating a letter sent by then-Crows football manager John Reid to Tippett's manager Peter Blucher, which refers to payments not included in the contract Tippett signed in 2009.

The letter clearly advised Blucher not to make the AFL privy to such arrangements, according to the report.

This shit just got real

I thought an agreement to trade and a few thousand dollars to move his brother to Adelaide and a position in their seconds team or an Adelaide league no big deal but seriously $200,000 clearly outside the cap. There should be serious consequences for Adelaide, Tippett and his manager.

Blucher should lose his liscence immediately, Adelaide should lose their draft picks Tippett and pay a big fine well in excess of 200,000 and Tippett should be forced to sit out of the game for a year.

This is a serious breach if these details are accurate and must be punnished heavily.
Some people may say they came forward and should get credit for that but i dissagree this blatant cheating must be wiped out of our game.

Rugby leage were soft on the players who accepted payment outside the cap and i believe lost respect as a result, we must not make the same mistake.

Just heard stkilda are looking at tdl for a late pick, unless he's asked for a trade , there is no point in trading him . I there's an injury he can slot straight into the forward line.. Probably not the case with late pick

It would be a very dangerous move by the AFL to prevent Tippett from having an avenue to be traded. They will ok it. The problem will be getting all parties to come together on terms in such a small space of time. Or are Sydney still up for it? Why does White + 23 sound almost reasonable all of a sudden :mad:
This is on the AFC board & they haven't yet seen the DT article as yet !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back