Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

And Sydney would have to get creative in regards to finding suitable tradeable assets if the mail is correct.

Oh and I can't resist....

Q: What's the best part of Adelaide?
A: The road out.;)

I know you're just stirring but it's a bit rich considering you live in Rockhampton.

Said it yesterday, Sydney doesn't get a look in, he is a Sun, just a matter of the fine details before next week. He wants to go home, was never going to any other club bar Lions or GC.

I think he's going to you guys as well, all this Sydney/Carlton/Collingwood crap was just a way for Tippett's management to increase GC's salary offer, looks like it has worked a charm. I may not like Blucher but he has done a great job at securing the best offer possible for his client.

Suns offer 3.5mil for Tippett

The Suns will not match the money being offered by the Swans.

The Gold Coast could offer up South Australian product Dan Gorringe for trade before the draft if Tippett chose to sign with the Gold Coast. It's believed Gorringe is keen to return home.

But the Suns would also have to part ways with at least one draft pick to get the deal done.

Tippett is believed to be with his family at their Miami home.

Seasoned AFL figures believe Tippett's decision has come down to whether he wants to go home or chase the money.

Another sun who is wanting to move home.....If both Gorringe and Hickey leave the younger KP stocks may need to be addressed. Cameron(forward or defender) and Bourke as zone selections may look more appealing. Boston is highly rated but may have better trade value with many players like him already on the list.

Another sun who is wanting to move home.....If both Gorringe and Hickey leave the younger KP stocks may need to be addressed. Cameron(forward or defender) and Bourke as zone selections may look more appealing. Boston is highly rated but may have better trade value with many players like him already on the list.

We have a lot of key positions still. I think we have 10 players over 195cm?

plus "Its believed Gorringe is keen to return home" - is based on nothing, and heresay. He is still signed, and the only reason I would think he would want to go home is due to injuries and probably behind Smith and Dixon in the ruck stocks... If Tippett comes, I wouldnt expect him to play in the ruck anymore (similar to Mitch Clark nowadays).

Still better than Adelaide.;)

Don't worry Adelaide is ok, to visit anyway.

Having sadly lived there once, I completely beg to differ. I'm not worrying, I don't live in Adelaide either ;).

Back on topic, the PSD avenue aside, what do you guys think is a reasonable trade that would make both parties happy?

Personally I could live with the Caddy pick and a yet to be determined player for Tippett.

Tippett can play a bit of ruck asnwell. We were always going to get rid of one ruckman, now instead of Nicholls its Hickey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kurt has elected for a trade to the Gold Coast Suns and an announcement by both the club and his management will be made after midday today.
I had a crack at you after you posted those photos of his house. However, its a pretty gutsy effort to call a time on it. You're gonna have so much credibility if you're right.
Therefore I'm pre-emptively getting around you in the hope of using you as a source in the future. Goo on ya mate. Thanks for the info. Remember me as you're number one fan after this. Because if you're right, you will be like a real life trade whisperer. A man on the inside.

KT coming to the coast is looking very likely now, I guess it all comes down to price (trade) now. I am still firm on the Caddy pick (8-13) and a player (hopefully not Gorringe) as a fair trade, Pick 2 as some on the Corows board are asking for (I don't blame them for trying) to way too high, the other clubs in the race would not be anywhere near this in terms on compensation, in fact would ba hard pressed to beat the Caddy pick and player offer IMO.

Posted this on the Crows page, I think it puts what we should pay into some perspective

Can I just put out there (at the risk of bing smashed) if Carey one of the best players of all time with more than 700 goals to his name and an avg of 2.6 goals per game as a CHF was worth pick 4 but Tippett with 1.6 is worth pick 2?

EDIT I added this, I conceed the 5 years age difference but even with Tippett in his prime as you say he is no where near a Carey even at 30, in fact Carey was still averaging 2 goals a game in his time at the Crows as a CHF not a deep FF like Tippett. You quote Tippett being more valuable due to his ruck ability I would rather have Ducks game winning ability.

I think you guys have every right to push to get the best deal, I just think that he is not worth the No2 pick, he isn't a Judd (picks 3 and 20) or Carey (pick 4).

I am sooooo sick of this, a huge part of me just wants this to be over but another part wonders what the hell i will do when I dont have to check the BF threads ever 5 min. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back