Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into the mind games either!!
I hear Paul Kirby and brothers to join merrigum!! Apparently on a hefty package, but if true would be the biggest recruit of the year!!
Unrivalled CV and will dominate the league!
hopefully smooth has him signed up for inter league 2

I hear Paul Kirby and brothers to join merrigum!! Apparently on a hefty package, but if true would be the biggest recruit of the year!!
Unrivalled CV and will dominate the league![/Q

Didn't he do his knee mid last year??

I would of thought there would of been a fair bit of noise on here regarding a "big" signing that will pull on a bulldog jumper of a different variety by now???
If I'm hearing correctly a "massive" for u blokes?
He has trained with Tat this week a good source told me. Id expect him to stay.

He has trained with Tat this week a good source told me. Id expect him to stay.
I'm told both bonnie Doon and rushy also have had conversations with him and wants to play a year with his brothers who aren't up to GV standard..
Can't gaurentee it's a done deal I'm just going off what I've been told..

Lanky are more than happy in finally filling the 2s coaching job by appointing Fred Andranoco he brings a lot of footy knowledge with two years at Merrigum as senior coach and assistant coaching roles at Tonny Murch Ardy not forgetting over 400 games that he has played

I'm told both bonnie Doon and rushy also have had conversations with him and wants to play a year with his brothers who aren't up to GV standard..
Can't gaurentee it's a done deal I'm just going off what I've been told..
Both Paul and Robert Kirby were on the track tonight at Tatura!

It's been good with out u woody.. now u can piss of again.. I thought a certain person caught u out a while ago to who u are? A certain rushy person went back and said to u if u were woody on big footy? Haha..
Think what you like and perhaps get a sense of humour, Stanhope aren't Geena Davis and Madonna. Obviously a couple of posters don't mind my contributions.

News to me Pastit, spoke to Kirbs this morning & he's still happily in retirement..... & his brother Robert is staying put at Tat..... :thumbsu:

Couple might not either if u get revealed?
Go ahead Normo. I've poked and prodded no doubt and stirred the possum but I've also had a crack at serious discussion and suggesting ways in which country footy and the game in general could continue to go forward. I've taught a lot of kids around the state and interstate and ripped holes when I thought that it was needed and apologised when wrong. Quite a few still leave me feeling humbled by taking the time the to stop for a chat, even a few at your club. I've won and lost at "independent tribunals" and would love to go toe to toe with man that clubs love stumping up coin to find technicalities (my services are free and my record is pretty good). I won't be p****** off from this thread or any other where, for whatever reason, I have an interest. If people enjoy my comments but don't like the person behind them then the dilemma is theirs' and theirs' alone.

Go ahead Normo. I've poked and prodded no doubt and stirred the possum but I've also had a crack at serious discussion and suggesting ways in which country footy and the game in general could continue to go forward. I've taught a lot of kids around the state and interstate and ripped holes when I thought that it was needed and apologised when wrong. Quite a few still leave me feeling humbled by taking the time the to stop for a chat, even a few at your club. I've won and lost at "independent tribunals" and would love to go toe to toe with man that clubs love stumping up coin to find technicalities (my services are free and my record is pretty good). I won't be p****** off from this thread or any other where, for whatever reason, I have an interest. If people enjoy my comments but don't like the person behind them then the dilemma is theirs' and theirs' alone.

Stick it to him woody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News to me Pastit, spoke to Kirbs this morning & he's still happily in retirement..... & his brother Robert is staying put at Tat..... :thumbsu:
Can only hope for all the Ruck's in the league sake!! I'd imagine u wouldn't mind being under his feet
June 30 is a long way off tho and with all the recruits Tatura have picked up (as "senior players") it wouldn't surprise me to see Jnr Kirby running around at 12pm.. which from my limited knowledge might not be appreciated... Fingers crossed for you blokes that you are around the mark early June!

Well why hide behind a name then WOODY..

Well why hide behind a name then WOODY..

Ummmm are you 2 having a lover's tiff? Or is it officially over?? :eek::D:D:p

Because no one else actually uses their real secret agent identities?? Your issue was for me to disappear (impolitely) as apparently my absence had been welcomed, perhaps just stay with enlightening the thread with all things Stanhope.
I thought Woodys identity was known by most posters for years?!!:eek:

Genuine answer -I think they are in trouble. They have been banging on Facebook trying to get blokes to training. Had an article in the paper recently with a photo of a group of players who might make up the numbers in a two's side. Sid the Bridge might be in for a tough couple of months running into the start of the season. If they field a side I'm tipping they will not win a game.
Will Ardmona make it to round 1...genuine question

Because no one else actually uses their real secret agent identities?? Your issue was for me to disappear (impolitely) as apparently my absence had been welcomed, perhaps just stay with enlightening the thread with all things Stanhope.

Chief: 'I demand the cone of silence ...'

(and cut to Get Smart leitmotif)... 'da da da ... duh! .. da .da. da .'

Who gives a **** who Woody is!

Keep up the excellent commentary on big footy Woody. Missing your banter over on the GV thread mate.

Genuine answer -I think they are in trouble. They have been banging on Facebook trying to get blokes to training. Had an article in the paper recently with a photo of a group of players who might make up the numbers in a two's side. Sid the Bridge might be in for a tough couple of months running into the start of the season. If they field a side I'm tipping they will not win a game.
If this is correct then it will be very hard graft from this point. Two years ago I made and sent more than fifty phone calls and text messages in the twenty-four hours before the first round just to secure a single side of twenty-five players for a single game against Ardmona. Due to prevailing weather conditions our ground was unplayable and we pro-actively contacted the League to arrange a transfer. Ardmona, who had their own issues with pumps being stolen, graciously accommodated us and a single match was played. We were soundly beaten by more than 200 points. To the credit of some with no former association who just wanted to help by playing, a few local young blokes and a bloke named "Col" we managed to field two sides for the remainder of the year (we had withdrawn U/18 prior to the season commencing) and both sides managed at least one win. It was a credit to all who played and helped that we were never held scoreless or goalless throughout the season and especially to those who remained even though they could have traded themselves around elsewhere. The alternative was to go into recess and hope that someone would pick up the reins in twelve months, how likely was this? For several years prior a tight knit administration had worked extremely diligently to secure the future of the Club and build quite a substantial war chest. My very patient and beautiful wife was one of those hard working people for seven years and I was damned if the work of this group and Club, having also endured the absolute betrayal on so many levels by a former member, was going to be consigned to the circular file of history. The Club did indeed go backward financially that year but the bills were paid and five figures to the left of the decimal point still remained at the end of the season. Unfortunately this is not an isolated story, we have a great game that teaches young men and now women how to take a bump and wear a slight without resorting to unbridled violence along with all of the physical and health benefits etc but we need to sell it better. Imagine a town of 1000+ residents where the youth have absolutely no guided physical outlets! To those who take on what others baulk at to keep an essential entity in existence in our communities I wish you all the best and be amazed at how little victories can galvanise a committed group.

If this is correct then it will be very hard graft from this point. Two years ago I made and sent more than fifty phone calls and text messages in the twenty-four hours before the first round just to secure a single side of twenty-five players for a single game against Ardmona. Due to prevailing weather conditions our ground was unplayable and we pro-actively contacted the League to arrange a transfer. Ardmona, who had their own issues with pumps being stolen, graciously accommodated us and a single match was played. We were soundly beaten by more than 200 points. To the credit of some with no former association who just wanted to help by playing, a few local young blokes and a bloke named "Col" we managed to field two sides for the remainder of the year (we had withdrawn U/18 prior to the season commencing) and both sides managed at least one win. It was a credit to all who played and helped that we were never held scoreless or goalless throughout the season and especially to those who remained even though they could have traded themselves around elsewhere. The alternative was to go into recess and hope that someone would pick up the reins in twelve months, how likely was this? For several years prior a tight knit administration had worked extremely diligently to secure the future of the Club and build quite a substantial war chest. My very patient and beautiful wife was one of those hard working people for seven years and I was damned if the work of this group and Club, having also endured the absolute betrayal on so many levels by a former member, was going to be consigned to the circular file of history. The Club did indeed go backward financially that year but the bills were paid and five figures to the left of the decimal point still remained at the end of the season. Unfortunately this is not an isolated story, we have a great game that teaches young men and now women how to take a bump and wear a slight without resorting to unbridled violence along with all of the physical and health benefits etc but we need to sell it better. Imagine a town of 1000+ residents where the youth have absolutely no guided physical outlets! To those who take on what others baulk at to keep an essential entity in existence in our communities I wish you all the best and be amazed at how little victories can galvanise a committed group.

Woody, is there a way I can 'like' that more than once? That is what district footy is about and that post is so eloquently and passionately put I have no further words...

But before ringo says it ... paragraphs great man!

Woody, is there a way I can 'like' that more than once? That is what district footy is about and that post is so eloquently and passionately put I have no further words...

But before ringo says it ... paragraphs great man!
I feel for a few back man this year.. who have to play on this certain bloke that was at training last night at the mainland.. holy crap.. roota u would know him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back