Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips this weekend
rushworth- 107 points
Nagambie- 43 points
Avenel- 7 points
Tally- 37 points
Violet town- 53 points

Reading from afar the plight of Ardmona, is it fair to assume their future might even depend on the remainder of the KD clubs and their approach to this?
Reason being, do you all treat it as a reserves game and roll out with your genuine 2nd XVIII or as some have indicated in earlier posts, will it be used as an extra run for senior blokes a fraction off and needing touch, and for the one's coming back from injury or a weeks absence etc?

Just curious as to the thoughts from everyone, because surely if it's the latter then it can't bode well for Ardmona?

Reading from afar the plight of Ardmona, is it fair to assume their future might even depend on the remainder of the KD clubs and their approach to this?
Reason being, do you all treat it as a reserves game and roll out with your genuine 2nd XVIII or as some have indicated in earlier posts, will it be used as an extra run for senior blokes a fraction off and needing touch, and for the one's coming back from injury or a weeks absence etc?

Just curious as to the thoughts from everyone, because surely if it's the latter then it can't bode well for Ardmona?

I reckon it will be mostly seconds playing , I know a lot of senior players are looking forward to the week off,

And even if it is a few senior players getting that extra touch what's it matter

If the other clubs approach it as the bendigo clubs did with Kyneton a few years ago it should be ok. The clubs all treated the situation with respect and did not abuse it. There were some senior players who played but those were coming off long term injuries who would have played reserves footy tha week anyway.

Rushy by 85 over Longy
Nagambie by 95 over Merrigum
Avenel by 15 over Stanhope
Tally by 48 over Lancaster
Violet Town by 51 over Murch-Toolamba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gig also had a real crack at him !!

Maybe Avenel can try, I hope the whisper I heard on the weekend isn't true but the source is generally pretty good.

A guy I bumped into at Corowa with NFL ties hinted that Deaves may not be going back to Avenel after his "one off" game for Montmorency netted him a better offer.

If true I'm so glad I'm done with senior footy as there's far too much of this going on .... Christ I used to crack it when a blokes handshake wasn't honoured let alone stuff of this magnitude.

I really feel for those diehard Swans who planned their year on having him at their club as how do you replace him now .... not to mention your interleague squad.

Again only rumour but with no transfer back in as yet I have to ask Jobby or Ultra if it's true (Lets hope not).

Maybe Avenel can try, I hope the whisper I heard on the weekend isn't true but the source is generally pretty good.

A guy I bumped into at Corowa with NFL ties hinted that Deaves may not be going back to Avenel after his "one off" game for Montmorency netted him a better offer.

If true I'm so glad I'm done with senior footy as there's far too much of this going on .... Christ I used to crack it when a blokes handshake wasn't honoured let alone stuff of this magnitude.

I really feel for those diehard Swans who planned their year on having him at their club as how do you replace him now .... not to mention your interleague squad.

Again only rumour but with no transfer back in as yet I have to ask Jobby or Ultra if it's true (Lets hope not).

Not much gets past you Football, finger always on the pulse !!

Haven't heard anything myself Doon, but may be the case, a handshake, a signed contract and a mates trust may not be enough in this case. A clearance has been put back in but not yet confirmed.

Haven't heard anything myself Doon, but may be the case, a handshake, a signed contract and a mates trust may not be enough in this case. A clearance has been put back in but not yet confirmed.
Good to hear, got a lot of friends up there and was really hoping it was off the mark :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back