Rumour Kylie Minogue AFL grand final entertainment (EDIT: KISS to perform at the 'G)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final entertainment always baffles me. Maybe I'm being simple-minded, but surely you just get a local rock act from 10-15 years ago that has a broad appeal? I don't know why they chase international pop artists. Obviously Kylie is an Aussie, but she's had a big career in the UK and we've had Robbie Williams, Ed Sheeran, Lionel Ritchie, etc. If the AFL can sign the MCG for 50 years, surely they can do the same for Jet or Wolfmother or someone.

Would love to have King Gizzard but i’m not sure they have that broad appeal just yet, they need to have a mainstream/radio hit or two first. A shortened Dripping Tap or Ice V would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It peaked at The Killers.

I've given up hope of a 'cool' act ever getting the gig again.

Although for my yearly contribution to this topic, surely it's time for Parkway Drive.

Only if they play Carrion.

Although Wild Eyes would go off too.

Dunno why Tism never got a gig.

Have several songs about footy .
Appeal to Bogans.

Very good etc.

You'd be surprised how many people have no idea who they are. Their appeal was very Melbourne-centric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be surprised how many people have no idea who they are. Their appeal was very Melbourne-centric.
Exactly.
The more reasons for Western Australias to sook the better.

She was in aus last year, and they couldn't get her to sing Kids with Robbie.

I'm not complaining about her substitute :p

Robbie-Williams-and-Delta-Goodrem-at-the-2022-AFL-Grand-Final.-Credit-Dylan-BurnsAFL-Photos-via-Getty-Images.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Kylie Minogue AFL grand final entertainment (EDIT: KISS to perform at the 'G)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back