Lachie Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of all the fabricated crap that gets posted on our boards, do you guys ever wonder if every now and then maybe one of these half baked rumours could be correct?

word is Lachie Hansen is not enjoying his footy at the moment. As you know he is playing down at tassie is reserves with his coach which i believe is Darren Cresswell? Anyway he is not enjoying it down there and feels like hes not getting a go. he has been told to stay at chb and not run off the backline(which he likes to do). After Tassie had been beaten by 120 points or so after the game Lachie had a bit of a muckaround handballing and stuff, then the coach cracked it and benched him next week because he didnt feel the loss enough. The kid is only 18 and no3 pick for Australia, the club has do something to get him enjoying his footy. He didnt take up the game till a late age so the club needs to give him a bit of freedom. Surely the club needs to nurture him through the early stage of his carrer rather than him hating his footy!!
Not getting a go at Tassie? Or the Roos? Because the latter would be a bit of a far cry. FWIW Creswell apparently wasn't liked by many players down at Geelong either when he was there but in Hansen's case as a youngster and first year player he just has to grin and bear it. I wouldn't be too concerned if I was him. When he gets a bit of size about him he'll be in the seniors anyway and won't have to deal with it.

To be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if this is right.. Looking at Lachies stats and the way Tassie are going its not hard to tell that he isnt having the time of his life at the moment

Hopefully he can pick up some sort of form and work his way into the senior team in the next week or 3

Personally I couldnt care less if he doesnt play another game in the VFL this year. Just get in the freakin gym lachy!!!

He should be enjoying his footy. He should be developing as a player. he should look like a young gun, or a potential young gun. I saw him on TV 3 weeks ago and he looked extremely ordinaire.

To me, the first post has the smell of credibility

I blame our alliance with Tassie. They're a crap team and it would be hard for any young player to go down there into a disunited environment, surrounded by some of the mediocre senior players that I saw, and do well.

I'm sure our management will have it on the agenda if there's some improvement needed.

We've surely got to protect our investment in our first round pick and him wasting a whole year of his life is not going to make anyone happy.

I was laughed out when i said that Lachlan wasnt enjoying his time down at Tassie. Well the rumour continues and until he moves, he aint going to enjoy travelling.

I was laughed out when i said that Lachlan wasnt enjoying his time down at Tassie. Well the rumour continues and until he moves, he aint going to enjoy travelling.

No you were laughed at because you said that playing for Tasmania was the sole reason he wasnt dominating in the seniors (like you said he should be), without considering factors such as his body shape and inexperience. No-one doubted that playing at Tassie wasnt ideal.

No you were laughed at because you said that playing for Tasmania was the sole reason he wasnt dominating in the seniors (like you said he should be), without considering factors such as his body shape and inexperience. No-one doubted that playing at Tassie wasnt ideal.

Well ill wait for the season to end then ill come back to my point.

I blame our alliance with Tassie. They're a crap team and it would be hard for any young player to go down there into a disunited environment, surrounded by some of the mediocre senior players that I saw, and do well.
Of course, that hasn't stopped Leigh Adams and Ben Ross from making every post a winner...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clownshoes, you know the club reads these boards, and there's every chance you've probably just put Lachy and his dad in it?

Before you snicker, it's happened before. So if it's true or not, you shouldnt be posting your conversations with a players dad on BF.

RB is correct, to paraphrase Joe Kennedy: "don' t post it if you don't want to see it on the front page of 'All The Sporting Media' the very next day"

Having met LH at the start of the season my impressions are that (as other posters have stated) he really needs to get in the gym. He needs footy experience and the 2's is where he will get it. Head down bum up plenty of time to prove, improve and then star :thumbsu:

Whether this is true or not the fact is Hansen is playing crap footy in the VFL, which is very disappointing.

The 3 or 4 other key position players that were selected early seem to be doing a lot more at this stage.

We should just have our own reserves side and stop spreading our players over 2 teams.We could then play our players in the positions we want them to play when they get in the seniors and why are our 3 reserve ruckmen all at tassie,hale,moran and goldy.

Whether this is true or not the fact is Hansen is playing crap footy in the VFL, which is very disappointing.

The 3 or 4 other key position players that were selected early seem to be doing a lot more at this stage.

Thorpe and Leuenberger haven't played any footy at all I don't think.

Reid and Brown at Collingwood haven't played AFL and nor has Everitt for Footscray. Frawley and Riewoldt have had a small taste of senior footy only because the team they play for are rubbish and hit hard by injury.

So yeah, Hansen - whose pre-season earnt him three or four senior games - has a lot of catching up to do!:rolleyes:

Reid and Brown at Collingwood haven't played AFL and nor has Everitt for Footscray. Frawley and Riewoldt have had a small taste of senior footy only because the team they play for are rubbish and hit hard by injury.

So yeah, Hansen - whose pre-season earnt him three or four senior games - has a lot of catching up to do!:rolleyes:
Yeah, was waiting for this, good call.

Should we trade Hansen? Maybe we should, very disappointing.

Thorp kicked 6 goals in his 2nd game back from injury. He has played a year in the VFL before though. Leuenberger has kicked a few goals in the games he has played. Hansen will be alright though, i wouldnt critise the drafting of him just yet.

Thorp kicked 6 goals in his 2nd game back from injury. He has played a year in the VFL before though.

You are dead right. Forgot about that. Heard he did pretty well that day too (ie they weren't a 'Kent Kingsley' bag).

But again, Hansen is doing OK. He had a pretty good game at Tassie a few weeks back too ( did I hear someone say he took a dozen marks?) so I don't think he's far off where he should be given where he's at with his conditioning.

I think the concern is coming from his rancid performance against Coburg a couple of weeks back. I refer to think back to his last quarter against Freo in the NAB Cup - he was bloody impressive that day and showed some very good signs.

You are dead right. Forgot about that. Heard he did pretty well that day too (ie they weren't a 'Kent Kingsley' bag).

But again, Hansen is doing OK. He had a pretty good game at Tassie a few weeks back too ( did I hear someone say he took a dozen marks?) so I don't think he's far off where he should be given where he's at with his conditioning.

I think the concern is coming from his rancid performance against Coburg a couple of weeks back. I refer to think back to his last quarter against Freo in the NAB Cup - he was bloody impressive that day and showed some very good signs.
I think the kid has the footy smarts and ticker to play CHF.

Just needs the body. I saw some really nice things about how he led up and worked against Collingwood.

Talk about an overreaction.

Nobody's saying he can't play or that we should have picked someone else.

Just that it's not good for anyone that he is not playing well for Tassie at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back