Past Lachie Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't have a crack this year... not really keen to play for the club... not wiling to dig deep and try to drag the club into a successful era... unlikely to set a good example to the young boys coming in...

Played some good games for the blues, i'm pretty keen for him to be moving on while we can trade him and get some value back. last thing you want to do is sign uncommitted players on for another contract, have them flogging about the club and then walking out when they are a free agent.

who knows if he was nudged? its easy to re-sign and show "loyalty" to the club if they offer you overs. Its smart list management to identify the players who bleed blue and sign them up, its smart list management to NOT sign blokes for overs just to keep them at the club even tho they are only there because they are being paid overs. If a player is loyal, they will sign and not demand overs.

apparently its just business and this is just the blue being smart.

Loyalty goes two ways and I would argue that your club telling you you are up for trade when your ambition is to captain that club is not the finest example of it. So how exactly do you be loyal to a club that does that to you?

Bit like being dumped by a lover and then being told you can't look at other people because it's cheating.

Source?

banana-waving-goodbye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Good to see Nathan Vardy back this Round, if Henderson were to go to Geelong, would he be in consideration?

Last edited:
Loyalty goes two ways and I would argue that your club telling you you are up for trade when your ambition is to captain that club is not the finest example of it. So how exactly do you be loyal to a club that does that to you?

Bit like being dumped by a lover and then being told you can't look at other people because it's cheating.
When did this supposedly happen?

If it's this year then it's totally inconsistent with everything said by both Henderson and the club. Don't believe every stupid rumour you hear on TC.

For what I know I remember on SEN day after round 1 loss Hendo was on and they were talking about him delaying contract talks. Hendo said the club had wanted to discuss already an extension but Hendo wanted to wait till his form improved... Writing was on the wall then and I suspect the club had a inkling so if they already considered finding the best deal for the club good on them....

When did this supposedly happen?

If it's this year then it's totally inconsistent with everything said by both Henderson and the club. Don't believe every stupid rumour you hear on TC.
MS3 said it, and he is generally pretty sound, and Lachie Charm claimed Henderson himself had told her. She has plenty of credibility and I don't doubt her word.

So **** ing there.

PS This thread sucks. I'm gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MS3 said it, and he is generally pretty sound, and Lachie Charm claimed Henderson himself had told her. She has plenty of credibility and I don't doubt her word.

So **** ing there.

It's true.......but like many things there may be two sides to the story.

I haven't liked the way SOS has staved off from signing some that should have been signed, but if we are in honest dialogue with them, then fair enough.

So **** ing there.

So there? I feel a primary school flashback coming on :)

Didn't our previous coach suggest everyone bar Murphy and Gibbs would be available for trade? I can understand that putting a few noses out of joint but was no doubt a kick in the backside to make players prove otherwise. As for loyal types, apart from Simmo, it's hard to look past Kruezer who knocked back a huge offer from the giants iirc

Didn't our previous coach suggest everyone bar Murphy and Gibbs would be available for trade? I can understand that putting a few noses out of joint but was no doubt a kick in the backside to make players prove otherwise. As for loyal types, apart from Simmo, it's hard to look past Kruezer who knocked back a huge offer from the giants iirc
No, Mick never suggested any of the like. One of his bug bear's was the fact that he wasn't contracted for 2016 so he couldn't make statement's on that sort of business.

MLG on the other hand said that everyone (even Murph and Gibbs) were tradable for the right deal. It was at least a month, maybe 2, later that he came out and said that Murph and Gibbs were untouchable.

I just feel like he has been blowing smoke up our backsides all year. Early on he was saying that he didn't want to start contract negotiations until he found some form, but there's no doubt he had made up his mind a fair while ago.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he have the same agent as Eddie Betts? We've all heard the rumors about how that contract negotiation went. Any possibility that the agent has an issue with the club?

So **** ing there.

Doesn't seem to add up to me.

Club tells Lachie he's up for trade, Lachie tells the club he wants a trade, Club gives Lachie his marching orders.

Honestly I don't care either because he's worth more to the club as a trade than he's been worth as a player this year. Them's the breaks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Lachie Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back