Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re the bolded - let me guess.

While we finished with the highest percentage in 2023, we can’t stand still while other teams improve. We also dont have the forward firepower or potency of Carlton or Geelong. So we have to find other ways to keep scoring.

When the coaches pounced on Schultz when he became available - it was because he’s a player who would beautifully complement our forward plan for 2024.

They didn’t draft him on the expectation that he would kick three goals a game, or suddenly turn into Ollie Henry (I can’t let that go☹️).

As the season has progressed, our forward line is increasingly functioning as the coaches want it to, and Schultz is getting better by the week.

And re the forward half retention - how many forward 50s did we have in the last quarter on Friday night? 20 something? So the retention part of the plan is clearly working - we just have to get better at exploiting that part of our dominance on the scoreboard.
Bingo on all points VP!!
Sorry been away this week.

Don’t be fooled by possessions and stats. The constant effort between Beau, Jamie, Bobby and Lachie is nightmare stuff,

It’s finals like in intensity. Which is what we want.

The comparison though is with Schultz.

If you accept Schultz is an upgrade on Ginnivan, and I don't, then you have to take into account the cost. Collingwood have given up a first round pick for a player who on current performance is a marginal improvement.
Why do you think he’s not an upgrade?
Curious as to what your thinking is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back