Laci Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

mrskafoops

All Australian
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone been following this case?

Laci Denise Peterson (née Rocha; May 4, 1975 — c. December 24, 2002) was an American woman murdered by her husband, Scott Lee Peterson (born October 24, 1972), while eight months pregnant with their first child. She disappeared in 2002, from the couple's home in Modesto, California, after which Scott reported her missing. The next year, her remains and those of her unborn son, whom the couple had planned to name Conner, were discovered on the shores of San Francisco Bay; subsequently, Scott was arrested and charged with two counts of murder. In 2004, Scott was found guilty of the first-degree murder of Laci and the second-degree murder of Conner.

Attachments

• Capture20241.JPG
    Capture20241.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture2024.JPG
    Capture2024.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
TBH, I was on the fence about Scott’s guilt but after seeing this doco I reckon he did it.

Attachments

• IMG_8630.jpeg
    IMG_8630.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 8

Matt Orchard is an excellent True Crime youtuber, and did a comprehensive review of the case.

He outlines some of the 'Scott is innocent' talking points, and essentially debunks them. (This specific part begins around 49:00)

The bloke is 100% guilty.

Matt Orchard is an excellent True Crime youtuber, and did a comprehensive review of the case.

He outlines some of the 'Scott is innocent' talking points, and essentially debunks them. (This specific part begins around 49:00)

The bloke is 100% guilty.

I'll take a listen, thanks :)

One thing that doesn't sit well with me is whether he would have been able to dispose of the body with his boat with those concrete weights. Wouldn't the dinghy have tipped?

I'll take a listen, thanks :)

One thing that doesn't sit well with me is whether he would have been able to dispose of the body with his boat with those concrete weights. Wouldn't the dinghy have tipped?
Orchard specifically goes into that in the video.

The defence had provided a demonstration showing the boat sinking with that amount of weight on it. But (a) it wasn't the same model of boat, and had modifications that would have made it heavier than Scott's actual boat, (b) the weather, wind, tides, currents etc were almost certainly not the same as on the actual day of the body disposal, (c) you can see the demonstration guy actively pushing down on the side of the boat to help it sink - obviously Scott would have been doing everything possible NOT to sink.

And (d): the judge barred this demonstration - but DID offer the defence to repeat it with Scott's ACTUAL boat, and with the prosecution offering input to control for variables. The defence turned down this offer.

As Orchard said, if the defence thought there was any chance whatsoever of getting that boat to sink in a proper 'controlled' experiment, they would have jumped at it. They fact that they didn't says everything about how likely they thought it was.

Watched the doco.

Unless there's a significant amount of facts they didn't disclose, I can't see how he isn't involved. The behaviour leading up to her disappearance / murder, at the time of, and after all reeks to high hell of 'I did this and I don't feel an ounce of regret'.

I watched the Netflix doco without knowing much about the case.

Not the smartest murderer that's ever been that's for sure, I agree with whoever said on the show that he thought no one would care after a few weeks, the case would be forgotten quickly and she never would be found.

So many red flags about his behaviour but what kind of guy goes fishing on his own the day before Christmas while his wife is 8 months pregnant? Probably one that wants her dead.

Wasn't expecting the jury to recommend the death penalty though, life in prison with no release is a fair outcome I think.

He had motive - new girlfriend and didn't want his kid. He wanted a clean break to move on.

Only story where he didn't do it - perp dumped the bodies in the place Scott said he went to that they saw in the media so it frames Scott. Him admitting he washed only his clothes when he got home as well as took a shower basically gives away his guilt though

His family is in denial

He had motive - new girlfriend and didn't want his kid. He wanted a clean break to move on.

Only story where he didn't do it - perp dumped the bodies in the place Scott said he went to that they saw in the media so it frames Scott. Him admitting he washed only his clothes when he got home as well as took a shower basically gives away his guilt though

His family is in denial

Agree, Laci was pregnant and Peterson didn't want the tiedown.

Women are most at risk of being murdered when they're pregnant. In fact, the stats indicate homicide is the top cause of death for pregnant women in the US and sometimes for pregnant women there's been no warning, it's the first show of violence.

Haven’t followed this one that closely but I thought it was relatively straightforward that he did it.
Thought the innocence project only take on cases where there’s a clear injustice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Laci Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back