Ladhams - What really happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

jmorg1

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2003
that's me!bourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anybody have the inside story of what was really going on with Ladhams? Someone with natural talent burning up the SANFL with 30+ disposals and kicking goals regularly doesn't get a game and then gets delisted? What gives?

I know he supposedly had a bad attitude but that's too general a comment. Bad attitude meaning ...? Was he p.issing off the team with his ego, did he miss or turn up late to training, not watching his diet, having affairs with teammates partners?

Anyone with details?

jmorg1 said:
Does anybody have the inside story of what was really going on with Ladhams? Someone with natural talent burning up the SANFL with 30+ disposals and kicking goals regularly doesn't get a game and then gets delisted? What gives?

I know he supposedly had a bad attitude but that's too general a comment. Bad attitude meaning ...? Was he p.issing off the team with his ego, did he miss or turn up late to training, not watching his diet, having affairs with teammates partners?

Anyone with details?
It's probably not appropriate to get into some of the allegations specifically in a public forum given their nature.

but unfortunately....the boy enjoys a good time and footy was not his number 1 priority, despite how he might whine to the media about his treatment by the AFC and NAFC.

Mad Dog said:
It's probably not appropriate to get into some of the allegations specifically in a public forum given their nature.

but unfortunately....the boy enjoys a good time and footy was not his number 1 priority, despite how he might whine to the media about his treatment by the AFC and NAFC.

yer agreed. not only does he enjoy a good life but by all reports suffers from a big problem toot hat affects many australians unfortunately.

Mad Dog said:
....the boy enjoys a good time and footy was not his number 1 priority, despite how he might whine to the media about his treatment by the AFC and NAFC.

I wasn't aware he had an issue with North. What's his problem?

I have no idea. The fact is, he'd be blitzing for the AFC if there weren't the obvious 'outside influences' .... whatever they are/were.

So funny to hear his interview on 5aa a while back. It was basically bullshyte excuses, and how he was fit half way through the yr and playing good footy so he couldnt understand why he wasnt picked. Absolutely no clue watsoeva, you have to turn up fit at the start of the yr you idiot. Honestly though, if you're that dumb you dont deserve a career really it was pretty clear that NC was giving them all one last chance.

And this thought about him having all the talent in the world, is called a urban myth apparently. Someone like this is dean rioli, who is 10kgs over weight but has exceptional ability to still be a quality player. Considering footskills and finishing was his major strengths and the team really picked up in this area, he is no real loss at all. He wont tell you that though.

outback jack said:
So funny to hear his interview on 5aa a while back. It was basically bullshyte excuses, and how he was fit half way through the yr and playing good footy so he couldnt understand why he wasnt picked. Absolutely no clue watsoeva, you have to turn up fit at the start of the yr you idiot. Honestly though, if you're that dumb you dont deserve a career really it was pretty clear that NC was giving them all one last chance.

And this thought about him having all the talent in the world, is called a urban myth apparently. Someone like this is dean rioli, who is 10kgs over weight but has exceptional ability to still be a quality player. Considering footskills and finishing was his major strengths and the team really picked up in this area, he is no real loss at all. He wont tell you that though.

No argument from me at all on this jackie boy. Your summary of that interview is spot on and Ladhams just demonstrated that he just didn't get what it's really all about either, did he.

Good point about the comparison with Rioli too - that would make you cry if you were a Bombers supporter. How good could he really be?

outback jack said:
And this thought about him having all the talent in the world, is called a urban myth apparently. Someone like this is dean rioli, who is 10kgs over weight but has exceptional ability to still be a quality player.

Very true. Ladhams was far overated on this forum IMHO. Good finishing skills but nothing special athletically and was soft and played for free kicks far too often for my liking

1) He has no issues with North, he's in fact signed a 2 year agreement with us.
2) He was not nearly sacked. Merely he was ********ty at Jars for being stuck in the forward pocket of a game we were getting flogged (and rightfully so IMHO), when he got dragged he told Jars what he thought of the move. Jars is very strong minded and won't take being questioned and the team rule is if you have a go at Jars you get dropped to the Reserves. He got dropped to the Reserves, had a blinder and came straight back into the league and ended up missing out on the B&F by 1 vote (it was something like Ivens 188, Ladhams 187).
Footy is a priority of his but unfortunately the Crows aren't and that's mainly because of what he was told by Craig.
He now has a great job at the Grand North on Grand Junction Rd and did a wonderful job with Hargs of serving beers on AFL GF Day to North fans! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad Dog why say something like that if you have no idea what you are talking about?
As Wedgie said, he was not nearly sacked. He did get ********ty at Jars and maybe had the wrong attitude towards that, got dropped to the Bs and helped our Premiers beat West by 20 goals while kicking 5 himself. Hurt his ankle early on yet didnt want to leave the ground, sounds like a good attitude to me. He loves the Roosters and is proud to wear the magnificent Red and White guernsey. I am glad he has finally got out of the Crows and is 100% true red and white now, i expect him to have a pearler of a year next year and is a potential Magarey winner i reckon.

Not only does he do a top job at the Grand North but he served me at the Northern Tav not long ago when i bought a carton of Adelaide's finest, Pale Ale. A top bloke.

I heard that footy wasnt his number one priority. Obviously he enjoyed it and was good at it, but maybe he just had other things on his mind...

RoosterLad said:
Not only does he do a top job at the Grand North but he served me at the Northern Tav not long ago when i bought a carton of Adelaide's finest, Pale Ale. A top bloke.

I suppose this sums it up, really. He had the chance to be a footballer, and instead is going to be a sales assistant who plays some football on the side. His sporting career could have meant something, and instead he'll be the answer to a "where are they now" question.

yeah we all know ladhams.

i love it how the snowball effect works on here, people saying they heard he has a problem between the ears, well where did they here that from? BIG ********ing FOOTY, and then they repeat for others to read. so it goes on, pretty soon everyones read it and is now fact. Anyway i heard he is legend who wasnt given a go and now we have skipworth as our goal sneak huzzah

jonster said:

i love it how the snowball effect works on here, people saying they heard he has a problem between the ears, well where did they here that from? BIG ********ing FOOTY, and then they repeat for others to read. so it goes on, pretty soon everyones read it and is now fact. Anyway i heard he is legend who wasnt given a go and now we have skipworth as our goal sneak huzzah
Sorry Chris we will think of you in a more positive light from now on.And if you think BigFooty is the reason you have never got a go , then you think more of other areas of life other than your mirror. Look into it one day

jonster makes a very good point, a lot of you people on here think you never everything about everyone when you dont know ******** all

i would rather him play at North anyway so im happy as are the North faithful
he gets treated a lot better at Prospect
as for the 'football on the side' crap and the sport isnt his number one priority, he seems to be doing alright to win the NAFC B&F last year, and finish runner up by only a point this year even though he wasnt in his best form earlier in the season

PerthCrow what would you know mate? you are in Perth, miles from anywhere and hours behind, you dont know what you are talking about son.
typical Sturt supporter i guess

Jonster and RoosterLad, you do realize that some of the people on here do actually know him.

Just add that i'd be quite happy to have him down at the bay, if he never gets given another go it would be a shame.

RoosterLad said:
PerthCrow what would you know mate? you are in Perth, miles from anywhere and hours behind, you dont know what you are talking about son.
Go back and read my post again.Read the quote as well...becuase usually when someone includes a quote they are commenting on the post quoted. I was responding to the belief by jonster that it was BigFooty posters who are the ones spreading rumours about Ladhams attitude. Go back and listen to Neil Craigs speeches at the start of 2005 and you will hear NC say the same things. As to where I live ..the beauty of the internet is that I dont need to live in Adelaide to know what is going on. This and your next cheap shot are poor atempts at shyt stirring. What does my club support have to do with my knowledge. Hey heres a clue about what I know of Chris and see how close I may be ;) Darren Visser and Ray Ladhams...
typical Sturt supporter i guess
Troll

jonster said:

yes i agree alot of morons on bigfooty. You just have to do what you can. :cool:

PerthCrow said:
Sorry Chris we will think of you in a more positive light from now on.And if you think BigFooty is the reason you have never got a go , then you think more of other areas of life other than your mirror. Look into it one day

pcrow dont judge a person from what they say on a internet board you idiot, he had a somewhat valid point. Fact/fiction do tend to get mixed up rather easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams - What really happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back