Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Gallup has retired.
Reckon we need another WR and a big RB or FB.Wilkerson did ok with AOC previously.

Antonio Pierce wants the Raiders to improve in the red zone and continuously pitted the first-team offense against the first-team defense inside the 20-yard line during training camp practices.

Last edited:
Brock Bowers is a force here in redzone 1-on-1s.3 straight back shoulder fades for TDs. Feels unguardable.

Thanks to his elite athleticism, Bowers isn't your average tight end. He is able to line up all over the formation on any given play, which will allow offensive coordinator Luke Getsy to deploy both of his tight ends on any given play.

"I had no clue," cornerback Nate Hobbs said of Bowers' speed, per Nick Walters of KTNV. "Usually when I get on a tight end I could let off or jog a little bit. With him, you got to be locked in because he's different."

Gardner Minshew outplayed Aidan O'Connell during Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage, ESPN.com's Paul Gutierrez reports

Minshew got the first reps with the first-team offense -- something that's rotated between him and O'Connell throughout training camp. Minshew proceeded to throw a pair of TD passes, while O'Connell didn't have any and was picked off twice. It's only one practice, but Gutierrez suggests that Minshew "might have started to put some distance" between himself and O'Connell. Still, the ongoing competition bears close watching this preseason, with the Raiders likely to play their starters more than a lot of other teams will.

Offense looked good with both AOC and Minshew today. First team defence looked awfully rusty with very little pressure on the QB which I'm a tad concerned about.

Thought AOC looked the "cleaner" of the two QBs. I don't like the way Minshew drifts in a south easterly direction (relative to the front of the pocket) even when he's got a clean pocket to step up into. Don't think Davante would be happy with that hospital ball Minshew gave Harrison Bryant today either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back