Last nights crowd was terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice C10 and Foxtel have the crowd volumes higher than C7.

I watched the replay this morning and was bored, C7 really know how to kill the excitement.

At the game last night, it was a great atmosphere. That's why I'll always prefer going to games then watching it on TV.

I find when listening to games on Fox Sports, the crowd noise at games comes through quite loud. However when listening to games on 7 and 10, crowd noise is much softer. And 7 and 10 do this so we can hear their crap commentary teams go on about how much they love Judd.

I would prefer to be able to watch the footy on tv with only the sound of the crowd noise coming through the speakers.

dont really have the same problem in C9 telecasts of rugby league. they can make 10k sound like a massive crowd. perhaps they got a crowd Sound FX button to give this impression.

i agree though that the 88k crowd sounded fairly ****en quiet. perhaps they should direct resources for their MMMMMEEEEEEEGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! to crowd mics.

btw, i only want to hear the crowd while watching the footy, not actually see them. i hate the constant camera panning of the crowd or close-ups on a dufus in row b or a fat bitch squeezing tomato sauce on her knockers. ****wits who go to the footy are the reason i generally dont go to the footy. such crowd shots rarely happen in soccer, unless there's a riot or some brazilian bunda in the stands.

you're right. 7 would rather turn the mic up on their shit commentators

Ch7 must have triple glazing on their commentary box and no crowd mics. Noise was great on the radio.
If St Kilda were on every 2nd Friday night the TV rights would be worth half their current value.

The Geelong vs Collingwood PF in 2007 was the loudest match I've ever been to (which includes the 07 GF), with 98k people with the crowd about half and half the stands were shaking whenever a team kicked a goal.

I got home to watch the replay of the last quarter and it sounded like a crowd of 40-50k in Round 1....

No points for guessing who televised it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Geelong vs Collingwood PF in 2007 was the loudest match I've ever been to (which includes the 07 GF), with 98k people with the crowd about half and half the stands were shaking whenever a team kicked a goal.

I got home to watch the replay of the last quarter and it sounded like a crowd of 40-50k in Round 1....

No points for guessing who televised it.

That was the best game I ever attended crowd wise.

TV just doesn't capture the intensity of the crowd atmosphere, and it's disappointing.

Makes attending the games all the more better.

Channel 9 and Fox have the crowd mics amped up to 11 for NRL games, making 12,000 fans sound like 50,000. The reverse is the case with AFL coverage. :thumbsdown:

Aint that the truth? The thugby needs all the help it can get to make their pathetic game better than it is!

I reckon some of the crowd figures are so fake they must count the people twice.

Channel 10 have been doing the samething for a while, absolutely detest how both them and 7 take out the atmosphere so we can hear there self indulgent wank commentary teams.

Channel 9 had the best crowd mics.

Was talking about this last night. I love listening on the radio because you can really hear the crowd, and the energy is awesome. It just makes such a difference, and it's incredible that 7 wouldn't be on top of such a simple thing that could improve their coverage so much.

Footy fan bashed at MCG last night

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-bashed-at-mcg/story-e6frf7jo-1226036517787

A FOOTBALL fan is recovering in hospital after a savage beating inside the MCG last night during the Carlton versus Collingwood match.
Steven Eglezos, 41, of Glenroy, was watching his team Carlton lose to Premiers Collingwood when he decided to leave early with his two teenage children.
As he walked from the Olympic Stand, he confronted a group of five men who he said were hurling abuse at two elderly ladies.
He was then brutally attacked from behind leaving him with extensive injuries including a broken jaw, several smashed teeth and temporary blindness in his right eye.
"The old ladies looked intimidated and were shaking with fear. I said to the guys, 'Show a bit of respect, it's only a game' and then I was hit on the head from behind.
"As I collapsed they all jumped on top of me, kicking and punching. My children were screaming. I feared for our lives,'' he said.

This was up behind from where I was sitting. I saw the son of the man screaming up at some guys. About 15 minutes later when the siren went finally some security guards came running up the steps looking for the attackers, the victom was being treated outside the aisle entrance with a swollen eye and blood all over his face with his kids scared and crying.

I can't believe they bashed this man, and then they just continued to watch the footy, the crowd did nothing.... would have been a terrible sight for young kids.

If you witnessed the attack or have any information please contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au

Channel 7 are learning from ESPN it seems. Try watching Soccer or any other sport they cover and they take the crowd out and replace it with the commentators mics on Volume 100

I thought the atmosphere was very very flat last night.
Good point OP

No Carlton supporters left early in droves which was disappointing..
I suppose we were all waiting for the pies to put the blues to bed in the second half of the last quarter and blow it out to 8-10 goals.

Unfortunately the pies put the cue in the rack at 3qtr time which was unfortunate for the supporters on such an important night for the club

I had to switch off at quarter time because the crowd was so quiet. It made the whole spectacle boring to see... I thought Collingwood v Carlton was supposed to be an epic rivalry, it seemed to be more like a crowd of theatre go-ers... If any of you went to the game last night plz stop attending AFL and go to the theatre instead

You stopped watching because of the crowd noise?

Jeebus.

lol @ some of the whingeing

Then again I suppose people need something new to complain about, they are in the worst era in AFL for 70% of fans :D

I personally hate the radio coverage, I must be alone in when listening to the radio due to lack of TV coverage that I would like to actually know what is happening, yet everyone just wants to hear the roar of the crowd, wow that sounds exciting

Remove this Banner Ad

Last nights crowd was terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back