Latest big signing rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

My mail is a two year deal worth $600k for Luke Power. Inaugral captain then a spot as an assistant coach. No wonder he has agreed to sign!

They're off their heads if they do that

why would they offer 2 picks when they can get him for free. he is out of contract isnt he? hardly good business.

Out of contract at the end of 2012, so he'll probably be targeted next time around. Basically GWS would get him a year early, Saints get a gun kid as opposed to middling first round draft picks (Saints unlikely to bottom out to get value from the "after first round" pick).

My mail is a two year deal worth $600k for Luke Power. Inaugral captain then a spot as an assistant coach. No wonder he has agreed to sign!

"Inside mail" without an established track record is a dime a dozen on BF, so I'll wait and see... without baited breath.

Another one doing the rounds is Sam Mitchell and the Compo pick Hawthorn got from GC for Campbell Brown for the number 1 pick in the mini draft.

Wouldn't be a bad choice for First Captain of the club.

Would explain Sheedy sitting behind Hawks bench taking photos last week.

Why would Hawthorn willingly trade Mitchell when they are in a window for O'Meara?

Also disagree with the last part.

Golly this Omeara kid must be real good ,...... the kid wants to stay in WA , ST KIlda may go for the local VIC junior with the first pick , Crouch or Stringer or whoever . Makes sense anyway , less hassle with homesickness especially with Omeara coming from Dongarra ! Just My Opinion though :footy:

Coniglio is better , a real gun midfielder .

Golly this Omeara kid must be real good ,...... the kid wants to stay in WA , ST KIlda may go for the local VIC junior with the first pick , Crouch or Stringer or whoever . Makes sense anyway , less hassle with homesickness especially with Omeara coming from Dongarra ! Just My Opinion though :footy:

Coniglio is better , a real gun midfielder .
We are in agreement. Coniglio is the far superior player.

In regards to the poster who made a comment about forwards. You can never have enough quality key position players on your list. They provide so much flexibility in matchs ups and command premium trade prices.

Goddard to GWS would be an interesting proposition. I'm really looking forward to what the GWS Football Department has put together in terms of AFL quality signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in agreement. Coniglio is the far superior player.

In regards to the poster who made a comment about forwards. You can never have enough quality key position players on your list. They provide so much flexibility in matchs ups and command premium trade prices.

Goddard to GWS would be an interesting proposition. I'm really looking forward to what the GWS Football Department has put together in terms of AFL quality signings.

Coniglio is a year older than O'Meara..........of course he would be better at their young age. However in a few years time we will see you is the better footballer

Not much positive rumour on a big signing here. We all know long term you will probably be good but in the short term i wouldn't be relying on Scully and Ward to carry the team. As good as they are they are still young and have been protected by the likes of Maloney, Jones, Sylvia, Boyd, Griffen, Cooney in the past.
Those matching up against the elite midfielders and number 1 taggers for a whole season won't be pretty.

The Suns have done good but have Ablett, Rischi, Bock, Brennan, Harris, Fraser, Brown all mature players that would have made the younger guys better

Coniglio is a year older than O'Meara..........of course he would be better at their young age. However in a few years time we will see you is the better footballer
By a year you mean 2 months right? Coniglio was born in December 1993, O'Meara February 1994.

Coniglio is a far better footballer at their respective ages.

You guys need to sign Marc Lock from the Suns. The kids a 192cm mid/fwd and can take a great grab. For some reason Bluey wouldn't play him in the seniors this season... He said form/injury issues which is bollocks. Clash of personalities more plausible. Now delisted. Well worth giving him a 1 year deal to see if ge lives up to his potential, already been in the system a cpl of years so knows what it is all about.

Also I would consider Joel Tippett... Never going to be a prolific KPD like a Bock but is a cheap big body also been in the system for 2-3 years with the Lions/Suns and might be handy for a 1 year contract to see what happens... And you never know, might intice big Kurtly next season ;) lol

I'd consider Lock...but not Tippett. Lock was captain of the Suns in the TAC/VFL and was in the leadership group this year (Decided by players). I think there may have been something off the field stopping him from getting on the field. I would seriously like to get him via pre season draft

By a year you mean 2 months right? Coniglio was born in December 1993, O'Meara February 1994.

Coniglio is a far better footballer at their respective ages.

Sorry thinking of another draftees age :eek:

But being the best in junior footy is all well and good.....but what counts is 4-5 years down the track

Sorry thinking of another draftees age :eek:

But being the best in junior footy is all well and good.....but what counts is 4-5 years down the track

Spot on!! Look at Tom Hawkins :eek:

Matthew lloyd reckons that GWS have sign a superstar player and he said this player hasn't been talk about in the media about going to GWS.

Better than GC's collection, and they won three games this year.

GWS should have learned a hell of a lot from the Suns this season and hopefully given them a good view into what they need to recruit.

On paper dlanod the Suns fwd line will be effective, it's just our 2 key position forwards are very young and inexperienced and thus it doesn't function at the moment!

Stanley, Lynch, Brennan
Fraser, Day, Bennell

...is the usual set up when all players are fit... but we are sadly missing that one experienced big strong leading full-forward to straighten us up. If we can recruit someone in the off season it will dramatically increase our success next season...

So ideally...

Stanley, Lynch, Brennan
Day... (KTippett,MClark,MMorton), Bennell

...would function a lot better next season!!! hehe

To me GWS need to recruit at least 2 experienced forwards or else they are going to be in the same situation as the Suns had this year. Instead of stacking the midfield and backs with your uncontracted experienced players like we did, ideally a more even spread across all lines would should be more effective. A "general" on each line holding things together until the kids learn would be ideal. At the moment I don't think GWS will have any more success down forward than we did this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest big signing rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back