Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor old South Perth

Lost another Premier League Grand Final yesterday (against Doubleview), making it 4 losses in a row and 5 defeats in 6 years (Considering there were no finals in 2020 it's technically 5 in a row)

Still haven't won the Saturday Division 1 flag since 1971... Not that anyone feels a slight bit of sadness for them

Have relocated back to Geelong.
Any club suggestions .

If anybody is interested Nagambie needs a coach 5,000 or more for right applicant

Plenty of clubs down this way depends on where your living etc.

I never played in a proper league .
Just bear foot style.

Have relocated back to Geelong.
Any club suggestions .

If anybody is interested Nagambie needs a coach 5,000 or more for right applicant
what area are you in?

Depends on what type of club you are after tbh, I know the coach at Leopold well and she is a state level bowler and coach and a really good egg, but they used to be an older demographic club so may not be for everyone taste.. she has done a lot of work on that though bringing in newer younger players and she is fantastic with juniors

what area are you in?

Depends on what type of club you are after tbh, I know the coach at Leopold well and she is a state level bowler and coach and a really good egg, but they used to be an older demographic club so may not be for everyone taste.. she has done a lot of work on that though bringing in newer younger players and she is fantastic with juniors
Thier greens are very average.
The synthetic is awful.
The grass is ok but very very slow.
Thinking city at this stage

Thier greens are very average.
The synthetic is awful.
The grass is ok but very very slow.
Thinking city at this stage
yeah Leopold are ripping up the Synthetic in the next 12 months and putting a grass green back in front of the club house as they were sold a lemon with that synthetic that was put in.

For greens I would suggest Eastern Park, or maybe Highton are pretty good from what i believe, but I also haven't played for half a dozen years so I am well out of the loop. The one near the Geelong Tennis Club actually had good greens from a tournament I played there years back, but it was a billion degrees that day so anything was quick

I would steer clear of City Of Greater Geelong as they just have 2 synthetics, and personally feel like a bit of a soulless club.
Alternately if you were up to travel a bit could go play at Ocean Grove with Matty Flapper

I’m making the move to play at Sunbury so I can play in the same rink as my daughter. It may be in Div 5 or 6 but it doesn’t bother me. Much to my surprise she decided to take up bowls and play pennant last season along with her cousin - my niece. Father-in-law is moving there for the same reason.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back