Jun 2, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Ferrari
OUT: Prendergast, Teague, McGrath
IN: Scotland, Fevola, Simpson

Thoughts?

Thank god Prenda and Teague are gone, is it possible sign that they'll be delisted come year's end? Is it all over for them?

With the inclusions, Kade Simpson is a big surprise to me, he has just started to become a regular with the team and he's been put into the leadership group already, seemed too young but not that I'm complaining.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19632733%255E19742,00.html

it's pointless having someone like teague in the leadership group if he is hopefully going to spend the rest of the year at the bullants.

great to see heath scotland in the group. a reward for his brilliant year on the field.

Hu$$ey said:

Thoughts?

Thank god Prenda and Teague are gone, is it possible sign that they'll be delisted come year's end? Is it all over for them?

With the inclusions, Kade Simpson is a big surprise to me, he has just started to become a regular with the team and he's been put into the leadership group already, seemed too young but not that I'm complaining.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19632733%255E19742,00.html

Happy with the changes...............I'm sure Teague is contracted for 2007, so unlikely we delist him and pay him out you'd think, given our financial position at present.

WTTF said:
Happy with the changes...............I'm sure Teague is contracted for 2007, so unlikely we delist him and pay him out you'd think, given our financial position at present.
i'll personally write a cheque

It definitely looks like the mid year review has resulted in changes to both the leadership and playing group.

We are really starting to put it all on the line.

A real slap in the face to McGrath (his original inclusion was a suprise)..good to see Fev in there, would love to see Walker/Murph in there aswell to be groomed as future leaders of the club as both have suggested they have leadership aspirations

If i remember correctly a couple of years ago David Teague was the Carlton hero! 2004 B&F winner and CHAMPION in the blues supporters eyes. Why jump off him so quickly when he was considered a gun a couple of years ago?

one_twelve112 said:
A real slap in the face to McGrath (his original inclusion was a suprise)..good to see Fev in there, would love to see Walker/Murph in there aswell to be groomed as future leaders of the club as both have suggested they have leadership aspirations
McGrath was chosen because he's an excellent trainer and sets a great example for the other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GREAT TO SEE MY MAN SIMPSON!!!

He has really taken the next step up! I remember him when he was a skinny lad in the ants 3 years ago, same skillful lad.

I cant complain with any of those changes. Scotland deserves to be their, could be leading our B&F so far, and Fev is just ... well you know!

Theres no doubt Murph is already a leader on the field so why not put him in our leadership group. I reckon it'd be great for marc to show him how respected he is/should be.

Prenda=dud, who can't kick and shouldn't be playing afl, let alone be in a clubs leadership group.

haydnoconnor said:
If i remember correctly a couple of years ago David Teague was the Carlton hero! 2004 B&F winner and CHAMPION in the blues supporters eyes. Why jump off him so quickly when he was considered a gun a couple of years ago?
He's lost whatever he had completely. Our lack of tall quality defenders doesn't help, but his lack of speed and ability means he's not up to it.
DIG said:
It was ludicrous even prior to the season to have Teague and Prendergast in there ahead of Fev and Scotand, altho how important a "leadership group" actually is i dunno.
To be fair, Fev probably didn't deserve it after his 05 season. Bad attitude, his future at Carlton was not certain, although that said, he definetly deserves to be in it now, his attitude has improved dramatically, and has been our best this season.

TizzaBlues said:
Theres no doubt Murph is already a leader on the field so why not put him in our leadership group. I reckon it'd be great for marc to show him how respected he is/should be.

Prenda=dud, who can't kick and shouldn't be playing afl, let alone be in a clubs leadership group.
Not very smart putting an 18 year old in the leadership group, I wouldn't think. Let him concentrate on his footy for a couple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leadership group changed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back