League Cup League Cup 2024/25 (3rd Round) - On BeIN Sports

League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah surely the solution is the clubs in Europe use squad and youth players if needed. Manipulating the draw is rubbish and the competition would be meaningless if you just took out the best teams from the previous season.

All the ‘solutions’ for fixture congestion and it very rarely seems to be to give the 3rd choice right back or youth striker a game.

Rules for the league cup third round should change to accommodate this, if they are keeping the big clubs away from each other and the big clubs are afraid of player burnout then force the clubs participating in Europe to field an u23s team for the 3rd round.

I miss the old Wenger days of him fielding teams of kids for these matches. Watching Carlos Vela and Bendtner when they were kids was a highlight.

It's not a punishment. It's a way to protect players due to the congested fixtures and also gives clubs outside of Europe a chance to win something. There is still the FA Cup to compete for as well. No need for 2 domestic knockout cups.

Total common sense in this post. Is there anyone other than England that has 2 cup competitions left?

Rules for the league cup third round should change to accommodate this, if they are keeping the big clubs away from each other and the big clubs are afraid of player burnout then force the clubs participating in Europe to field an u23s team for the 3rd round.

I miss the old Wenger days of him fielding teams of kids for these matches. Watching Carlos Vela and Bendtner when they were kids was a highlight.
I remember us getting flogged in the cup at home by a team of Arsenal kids and Van Persie.

We were pretty much full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

League Cup League Cup 2024/25 (3rd Round) - On BeIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back