League Medallists - 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

gault said:
lance will win and he deserves to win it, has been BOG 80% of the time and for an afl player to come out to the country to play with his brother and help a struggling club he deserves it more than anyone
wrong! yes lance is top player and no doubt would rank in the top players in most leagues. fact is andrews is clearly the number 1 player in NCFL. he has one of the youngest teams in the comp therefore alot rests on his shoulders week in week out and he continually seems to be the difference with charlton getting over the line. lance may rack up 40-50 possies a game but how many hit a target or benefit the team?? for an ex-afl player he has dreadful skills...ne1 agree?

touch of class said:
in the dvfl i think david mitchell of bundoora has had an excellent season to date but justin murphy of heidleberg could also take it out
in the western region i really think brad julier of port colts has played a lot of very dominating games and is my standout choice but expect a late run home from saul caddy if he stays injury free
have to agree with you toc,big brad julier from the colts has to be a massive chance and stands out.

behind_post said:
wrong! yes lance is top player and no doubt would rank in the top players in most leagues. fact is andrews is clearly the number 1 player in NCFL. he has one of the youngest teams in the comp therefore alot rests on his shoulders week in week out and he continually seems to be the difference with charlton getting over the line.

Getting to watch closely each week i totally agree. Andrews would have to be I think the most influential player in the competition, whether he wins the feeney is yet to be seen.

Doona2 said:
GVFL: Clayton (Euroa), Br. Campbell (Mooroopna Dougie), Bowen (Rochy),
I would probably have D. Sage in there along Colbert from Seynour before Bowen Doona. Sagey finished 3rd last year and I believe he is having a better year this year, mind you Clayton will be atking a fair few votes off him. From what I have heard Colbert has been the best most weeks as where Bowen has tapered off a bit since his outstanding form early on.

In the Ballarat League i reckon,

Dan Jordan (East) polled a lot of 3 voters and his brother and hutchy are on fire in the courier votes.

Field, Edwards & blomely from Redan but may count against each other.

Connors at the marsh would maybe sneak a vote each week in poor side

Porter & edwards from the bloods also?

FOOTYBOSS said:
I would probably have D. Sage in there along Colbert from Seynour before Bowen Doona. Sagey finished 3rd last year and I believe he is having a better year this year, mind you Clayton will be atking a fair few votes off him. From what I have heard Colbert has been the best most weeks as where Bowen has tapered off a bit since his outstanding form early on.

Were you on the turps last night footyboss? Your grammar is worse than that Hawkeye fella.

behind_post said:
wrong! yes lance is top player and no doubt would rank in the top players in most leagues. fact is andrews is clearly the number 1 player in NCFL. he has one of the youngest teams in the comp therefore alot rests on his shoulders week in week out and he continually seems to be the difference with charlton getting over the line. lance may rack up 40-50 possies a game but how many hit a target or benefit the team?? for an ex-afl player he has dreadful skills...ne1 agree?

good points raised mate but saying andrews is clearly the best is a big call. lance's kicking isn't that crash hot for an ex afl player but if you watched him each week you would see he dishes out handpasses to the rutley's etc who have good foot skils which benefits the side a great deal. im not going to get into an arguement with who is better but lance has been great with the young kids in the boort side aswell and im sure andrews is to because he's a popular teacher at boort just a pitty he isn't playing for us aswell

behind_post said:

I Agree about Lances skill level (compared to what is expected) but eh! thats why he was dropped from AFL!

as far as Andrews being clearly #1, BIIIIIG call....probably TOO big for reality.... Lance is just in a class of his own at local level, as a matter of fact, its almost as if he is trying to get himself noticed again

As it stands right now.

Coreen league - Jeremy Sandral (CDHBU), Malcolm Smith (Wahgunyah) and Marty Hardy (Rennie) are the standouts at the moment. Ben Kerr (Billabong Crows) also a good chance but probably not enough wins.

Ovens and Murray - Dale Carmody (Wangaratta) and Nick Stevens (Lavington) should be right up there. Also don't write off Rhys Fitzpatrick (Myrtleford). Anthony Tucci (Rovers) has had a good year but whether he is flashy enough to stand out to the umpires could be a query.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the WRFL Port Colts big ruckman Brad Julier should win the comp medal.
On all accounts he should poll a lot of 3 votes as he has dominated a lot of games and the umpires would find it hard to miss him.

Here It Is said:
Coreen league - Jeremy Sandral (CDHBU), Malcolm Smith (Wahgunyah) and Marty Hardy (Rennie) are the standouts at the moment. Ben Kerr (Billabong Crows) also a good chance but probably not enough wins.

A brilliant month from Wahgunyah's Malcolm Smith has seen him sew up favouritism for the Coreen league's Archie Dennis Medal with two rounds to go.
Smith has been a super player in the competition for 12 years and would thoroughly deserve Archie if he can win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

League Medallists - 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back