League teams -foxtel31st may

Remove this Banner Ad

dhdc freo

Rookie
Aug 24, 2009
jandakot
AFL Club
Fremantle
The show started with the absolute flogging Ross Lyon has got this week.Panel of Dermie,T Shaw,B johnson and Parkin gave the best analysis of our season so far.
Wish i could upload the vision but will try and break down what was said...
First point was that it was unfair to cop so much so soon,first 7 rounds were averaging 50 inside 50s,which is ok.Last week played the best team to play at Subi,who have won last 16 at the ground
Parko made the point of its impossible to play the gamestyle at Subi,and will need to change a bit.
StKilda also started like this,but played in 2GFs,3prelims etc,Sydney also were slammed by all quarters,but won a flag 'ugly'.
Every panel member agreed it needs time,and the game style will change,but all felt that we were thought of as only running one way and Ross had to start by teaching defence.It was also mentioned that the victorians would also struggle at subi.
Richmond were also mentioned,how everyone is raving about them....fremantle are one game in front of them,and a week is a long time in footy!Parko made good educated point about Fyfe,Mora and others out ,And a few others needing to get back to there best{sandi,Barlow,Hill and Mundy i guess}They are also going to highlight some good passages of play from last weekend that prove we are capable.
All in all the best analysis i have heard this week.......give it time,Rome wasnt built etc,etc

Yeah wasn't aimed at the OP.Just tired of all these it will take time comments.

did the ex coaches say why it will take time or maybe shaw did'nt have a plan when he coached.

time is just an excuse coming from a no excuse coach.

Yeah wasn't aimed at the OP.Just tired of all these it will take time comments.

did the ex coaches say why it will take time or maybe shaw did'nt have a plan when he coached.

time is just an excuse coming from a no excuse coach.

Yeah new coach and all the flaws in the list he inherited will disappear. That's why it will take time. Lyon is not making excuses. He just said some things are wrong and need to be fixed.

Just tired of all these it will take time comments.

Haha! Wow... and here I was sick to death of the slovenly vilification so prevalent on the board of late.

Since when did patience and method become an excuse?

So few thinking, so many just feeling.

I was stoked to find BF in the off season, thought I finally had knowledgable supporters to enter into profitable discussion with.

Unlike most I am not exhausted and disillusioned by the actions of the club, I am saddened by my ever descending expectations of what I will find when I log on to BF.

I will not abandon BF, just like I will not abandon the FFC. However I am looking forward to the good times and sharing them with all you insane, bipolar posters. If I have learnt one thing about mania it that when it's bad it is like everything from everywhere is exerting itself on you, but when it's good synapses strike like lightning and everything, if you like, means nothing, it's yours.

If y'all are as exultant when you believe we are on the rise as you are depressing when you believe we are on the slide, shit is going to go awff!!!

After reading a few threads on this board, it's actually quite embarassing how short sighted a lot of our supporters are. Supporters that think they understand the game but are oblivious to reality. It probably stems from us underachieving for so long but even still, it is bordering on pathetic.

We have a lot of work to do as a football club, how about we give all players and coaches a chance. Especially younger players like Crichton; if we are to improve, we need the young C-D grade players like Crichton to develop into B grade players. It's not going to happen overnight either.

Fair analysis. Lyon isn't completely absolved of blame though. I think he's figuring out quickly that you can't simply transplant a game plan built for Etihad onto Subi, especially with our players, but the criticism and general blood lust that he's copped this week has been cringe worthy. That goes for the media as well as bigfooty.

Patience is a virtue lost on many people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will not abandon BF, just like I will not abandon the FFC. However I am looking forward to the good times and sharing them with all you insane, bipolar posters. If I have learnt one thing about mania it that when it's bad it is like everything from everywhere is exerting itself on you, but when it's good synapses strike like lightning and everything, if you like, means nothing, it's yours.

If I have learnt one thing about mania, it's that when you're in a psych ward with bi-polar patients, is that telling them that you can induce a manic episode by staying awake as long as you can, you will soon be sharing a ward with a bunch of bi-polar sufferers experiencing manic episodes.

Fair analysis. Lyon isn't completely absolved of blame though. I think he's figuring out quickly that you can't simply transplant a game plan built for Etihad onto Subi, especially with our players, but the criticism and general blood lust that he's copped this week has been cringe worthy. That goes for the media as well as bigfooty.

Patience is a virtue lost on many people.

Lyon did say yesterday that the game-plan is evolving.

Remove this Banner Ad

League teams -foxtel31st may

Remove this Banner Ad

Back