Leaping Lenny's Lucky Leans

Remove this Banner Ad

Over a 2 month period I made around 500 NCABB steam plays at Australian books, which ended up with me netting about $15K before I restricted on this market at all Aussie books that offered it. I beat the closing line by an average of 1 point to achieve 58% ATS.

So you spent countless hours working on a system that gets you $15k and restricted on all Aussie books?

Typically, getting restricted on one market, means restrictions on all others (dependent on the bookie).

This means you have to start countless new accounts which will also get restricted (new IP addresses, new bank accounts).

Which gets back to the original point of whether your strategy is in any way viable in the long-term (assuming best case scenario that you are constantly winning).

So you spent countless hours working on a system that gets you $15k and restricted on all Aussie books?

Typically, getting restricted on one market, means restrictions on all others (dependent on the bookie).

It's not 'countless hours working on a system' ffs. It's steam chasing: generate an xml feed from continuously scraping overseas lines, figure out what moves at certain books will radiate to others, and get on board before line managers here move their line. Was pretty easy.

I did this at Sportsbet, Sportingbet and Centrebet, the TAB and the WA TAB. The other books probably subscribed to Don Best and moved automatically before I could act.

Sportsbet restricted me on all other markets, Sportingbet restricted me on just NCABB, Centrebet restricted me on all sports until I called them up, acted like I didn't know why they would possibly do that, and they isolated the ban to NCABB. The TAB's never did anything, but they offered only a limited amount of games, and I hit them only infrequently as the vig had their lines set to $1.87.

Brettels, you seem to be confusing the following:
1. Your point - that beating the closing line is correlated with winning
2. My point - that moving lines is not a good thing

Both points are true, but you have incorrectly suggested that they are mutually exclusive.

Assume you think there is substantial edge on a certain line and you would be happy to bet x (or in your case, maybe 0.1x).

Situation A - you can get down x
Situation B - the line moves after betting <x.

Which situation is more profitable?

Situation A.

Why would I bet < x, which only in turn gives the books cheaper information, only to have them move the line closer to my own numbers before I secured the amount that I wanted?

Sportsbet restricted me on all other markets, Sportingbet restricted me on just NCABB, Centrebet restricted me on all sports until I called them up, acted like I didn't know why they would possibly do that, and they isolated the ban to NCABB. The TAB's never did anything, but they offered only a limited amount of games, and I hit them only infrequently as the vig had their lines set to $1.87.

The point is that if you start to even look like making reasonable amounts of money off a bookie, then they restrict your account.

That's the toughest impediment to long-term success.

However, you've already said you can easily overcome this issue, so that would be the last barrier.

The point is that if you start to even look like making reasonable amounts of money off a bookie, then they restrict your account.

That's the toughest impediment to long-term success.

However, you've already said you can easily overcome this issue, so that would be the last barrier.

If worse comes to worst, I'll take or seed action on both ML's and spreads on Betfair and Matchbook.

I usually dribble in $250 packets (however I randomize my bet sizing). It seems easier to not trip up their internal systems.

Notice the Kings play. Luxbet open at +9, I bet them for $250 with intention of dribbling packets, and then they immediately take the play off the board for 5 minutes, and re-open at +8.5 I dribble for more packets, and eventually build my position to about $1.3K. They then take the market OTB again for a few minutes, and then re-open at +8. At this point I shop the rest of my action elsewhere at +8.5

Situation A.

Why would I bet < x, which only in turn gives the books cheaper information, only to have them move the line closer to my own numbers before I secured the amount that I wanted?
Why!!

Why would I?!!??!

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Brett, your stories are getting the best of you.

I think you need to update your modelling to iron out the discrepencies in your stories.

I never said anything about my 2013 record having any sufficient sample power.

This is coming from the same bloke that tried to show me he was the Don of Hong Kong racing as he had a winning record over 8 posted bets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF? This is your response? You don't know what to say do you?

You lost 86% of your bankroll, then admit you got it wrong and now you are proclaiming you are back breaking the books. For ****s sake not even Lenny29 lost that much of his bank and he is some kind of mental deficient.

You lost 86% of your bankroll, then admit you got it wrong and now you are proclaiming you are back breaking the books. For ****s sake not even Lenny29 lost that much of his bank and he is some kind of mental deficient.
that's not very nice

this is entirely numbers based and based around form, let's see how this goes

the official "why the **** not" lenny29 attempt to turn $1000 into $2000 challenge:
week 1: bank $1000
$68 Collingwood @ $1.667
$89 Geelong @ ~$1.18 - Betfair profit to be $16.10
$17 GWS @ ~$25.23 - Betfair profit to be $412.01
$77 Carlton @ $1.488
$8 Gold Coast @ $24.80

26% of bankroll wagered in week 1. what can possibly go wrong

images

WTF hapenned here????
to summarise:

• i went on a losing streak that lost me ~15% of my bankroll
  • i did not handle this particularly well because my bankroll has ballooned in size in the last few years and the $$$ amounts are bigger than i'm comfortable with
  • i ceased betting for a week with the thought that i'd move to a smaller starting roll and try to double it, which i'm now doing
  • brett got involved somehow and we played the brett128 game v2.0 which was a lot similar to v1.0
  • KP is a big meanhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaping Lenny's Lucky Leans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back