Ledger, Staley and Lever delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

saintersown

All Australian
Aug 5, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lever, Staley and Ledger have officially been delisted by the Saints.

The first two may have been expected by some, but Ledger had shown great quality with a consistent season. Really sad to see him go, especially considering that I personally believe it was some bs between him and some coaching/admin/list management (or whoever) staff. He showed in the VFL that he deserved a call up and played very well amassing 23 disposals, and kicking a goal.

I've never wished anything bad upon my beloved club, but for the first time, I really hope that Ledger gets drafted by another club and has an array of standout games against us.

Great player will be missed. :(

Ledger is behind Ross, Newnes, Saunders Curran and the mid we pick up at three and more than likely our pick 21 for a mid field role. Not to mention Armo and Steven.

Not to mention the mids we could pull off in trade week.

Correct. You'd think Webster, Wright and Murdoch will play some time through the middle but look better suited to flanks and so on. Markworth is another who you'd think will get mid field time.

Actually kinda happy for Ledge. He will now be a unrestricted delisted free agent, like Roberton last year. That heightens his chances of being picked up by somebody else.

For whatever reason, he's just not got a fair go with us, and probably never would. He'll now get more of a chance at another club.

Actually kinda happy for Ledge. He will now be a unrestricted delisted free agent, like Roberton last year. That heightens his chances of being picked up by somebody else.

For whatever reason, he's just not got a fair go with us, and probably never would. He'll now get more of a chance at another club.
What club would want Ledger though? a lot of the other teams have good solid young midfielders already developing who are better then Ledge.

What club would want Ledger though? a lot of the other teams have good solid young midfielders already developing who are better then Ledge.

I'm thinking a Carlton type, outside of Judd and Macca they tend to be more outside than inside, so may be a smokey in the delistee PSD possibility range.

Sad to see anyones time finish, especially with these three that never established themselves. As Curren has shown you have to do everything possible to make the most of the opportunity after getting drafted.

Exciting times ahead with the new crop of potential stars not far from joining us.

I did note the comments of Watters and Riewoldt on Jacko. Working out in the club gym during his break, with Roo laughing that he couldn't lift the same weights (copping some ribbing from the conditioning staff). They said that this positive attitude was definitely noticed.

IMO Ledgers days were numbered when Pelch arrived.
His disposal would never have impressed enough for Pelch to have drafted him so doesn't fit the plans.
I wish him well elsewhere though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Ledgers days were numbered when Pelch arrived.
His disposal would never have impressed enough for Pelch to have drafted him so doesn't fit the plans.
I wish him well elsewhere though.

This is exactly my sentiment. He shows no composure or class w ball in hand or in moving to find or create space. A hard worker, but is so far from the class of Hayes, Mitchell, etc.

Good luck to all three. Lever the most surprising for me, they would've known he was going to take time when they drafted him. Wonder what changed.

Agree. I wonder if they thought Stanley and Lever were similar with Stanley more developed.
Thought they would have given him more of a go but maybe have an eye on a more physical KPD we don't know about.

Agree. I wonder if they thought Stanley and Lever were similar with Stanley more developed.
Thought they would have given him more of a go but maybe have an eye on a more physical KPD we don't know about.
Brett Anderson from Inside footy suggested we've cooled on the idea of Luke Delaney..
It was only a few weeks ago, we "offered him a 3 yr deal"..o_O

Brett Anderson from Inside footy suggested we've cooled on the idea of Luke Delaney..
It was only a few weeks ago, we "offered him a 3 yr deal"..o_O

Interesting. They must have a new target player in mind I expect.

Interesting. They must have a new target player in mind I expect.
It's odd if there was substance to the original line, that we "offered a 3 yr deal" & now pulled it..
Hope Ledge get's picked up, still only 21 & consistently got his hands on the pill at VFL level..
Then again Brad Sewell was rejected by the Dees, now a dual premiership player..

I've never wished anything bad upon my beloved club, but for the first time, I really hope that Ledger gets drafted by another club and has an array of standout games against us.
Then go support whoever picks him up. Give me a break!
No he won't. No disrespect to him, as I thought he could play, but he barely featured in the Seniors. You can certainly debate whether he should have, but he won't be 'missed.'

Lever, Staley and Ledger have officially been delisted by the Saints.

The first two may have been expected by some, but Ledger had shown great quality with a consistent season. Really sad to see him go, especially considering that I personally believe it was some bs between him and some coaching/admin/list management (or whoever) staff. He showed in the VFL that he deserved a call up and played very well amassing 23 disposals, and kicking a goal.

Just read your post saintersown, i liked Ledge & he had one important asset..
He could get his hands on the pill..
But there's some school of thought, that he didn't hurt the opposition with his disposal & lacked awareness..
I wish Ledger well, & felt he deserved a few more games to show his wares..
Reality is, AFL footy is a ruthless business..!
But to hope an individual plays great footy against us, give it a few more days & you'll take that statement back..

I thought Ledger had a bit to work with, played ok against Freo. Lever & Staley no surprise. Thought Shenton might get the flick to, just doesn't seem to have that polish you need to make it IMO, TDL also lucky, I'm thinking his Watter's love child from the WAFL days.

I thought Ledger had a bit to work with, played ok against Freo. Lever & Staley no surprise. Thought Shenton might get the flick to, just doesn't seem to have that polish you need to make it IMO, TDL also lucky, I'm thinking his Watter's love child from the WAFL days.

Played alright against a bunch of Fremantle WAFL players and a bunch of kids his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ledger, Staley and Lever delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back