Left or Right-Handed?

Are you Left or Right-Handed?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm generally right dominant but for a number of things I don't really have a preference either way.

writing - right
eating/cooking - either
kicking long - right
kicking short - either
batting - right
bowling - right (but can bowl left)
golf (driving) - right
golf (putting) - either
darts - either
bowling/bowls/boules - either
pool - either
tennis - right
squash/badminton - either
throwing overarm - right
throwing underarm - either
boards - regular stance
boxing - switch stance

I often swap during games whenever it suits me.
e.g. If I'm playing a game and things aren't going well, I'll swap hands to get out of a rut. Or while playing pool I'll swap depending on which angles are better. Sometimes I'll switch hands or stance just to confuse an opponent.

pretty much evertything right handed/right footed
except handballing for some reason i use left fist to handball.

get more accuracy and distance using left to handball
even though right hand is more dominant and stronger

cricket and golf - left handed
tennis and squash - right handed
throwing over arm - left handed
throwing under arm - right handed
writing - right handed
darts - left handed
football kicking - right foot

Yeah, this is pretty much identical to my old man and he quite annoyingly brings it up everytime were playing footy, cricket etc. Quite an interesting range of left/right handedness (for want of better terminology) that is. As for me, I am completely right handed unfortunately, I'd love to have some aptitude with the left hand.

I'm pretty much left handed- although I can write with my right hand. So much so that i had to get a guitar restrung so I could play it- and I kept hitting a hockey ball with the back of my stick when I tried that as a kid.

Right handed in most things except batting at cricket. Would have played hockey and golf left handed but had no options (i.e. clubs and there are no LH hockey sticks) so I learnt to do it right handed. Not ambidextrous but I do have a bit of facility with my left hand. I also tend to swap sides in any repetitive tasks I do.

Natural stance surfing.
Left eye dominant.

Also buggered up the poll and accidentally put left handed with some right handedness instead of the other way round.

Complete left.
Left arm bat
Left arm Orthodox bowler
Left foot kick.

When i put the 3dglasseson with the blue on the right and red on the left , mybros see blue (right handed) and i see red???????

I'm pretty much left handed- although I can write with my right hand. So much so that i had to get a guitar restrung so I could play it- and I kept hitting a hockey ball with the back of my stick when I tried that as a kid.
I had the same problem. I uses every thing the other way around because my school has mainly right handed stuff.

Not to many vote on the poll ImperialPurple

Seems I didn't vote despite posting a few times (was the poll even there before?)

I'm still refusing to vote because it doesn't have the option I want - completely right-handed but fairly ambidextrous with the feet.

Can kick as well on my left these days as my right, but I look like a 4 year old girl when I try handball left-handed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems I didn't vote despite posting a few times (was the poll even there before?)

I'm still refusing to vote because it doesn't have the option I want - completely right-handed but fairly ambidextrous with the feet.

Can kick as well on my left these days as my right, but I look like a 4 year old girl when I try handball left-handed.

I don't know, I have been AWOL for a while.

I look like a 5 year old girl trying to kick off either foot.

Has anyone gone overseas and had a go at driving on the other side of the road? I reckon that would take some getting used to..

Yep went to the US (Daytona , Orlando , Craven (Canada) Denver , Pikes peak , Aspen , Beaver (We spent the night in Beaver), Vegas , LA.. Not as bad as I thought it would be , Both Myself and the young bloke kept drifting right in the lane as we were sitting on the "wrong" side of the car. Other than that it was not a problem until you went into a shopping centre parking lot and your guard dropped .

Has anyone gone overseas and had a go at driving on the other side of the road? I reckon that would take some getting used to..

I've got a mate who lives in Spain now. He was driving me around when I was there and said when he first started he had a few near death experiences at multi-lane intersections that sharpened him up real quick.

I've got a mate who lives in Spain now. He was driving me around when I was there and said when he first started he had a few near death experiences at multi-lane intersections that sharpened him up real quick.

Agree the roundabouts are "different" when you are going the other way.

O.T. you know you have been in town too long when you come a across a picture (today) of you going to work in 1982.

Yours is the Meekatharra one I'm guessing Ripper. I was only a baby back then old fella... and even I'm an old fella compared to half the kids on this site.

My virus protector detected a threat from one file on that page.

Yours is the Meekatharra one I'm guessing Ripper

Sorry, I picked up nothing. Yes you are right about the Meekatharra one. You can even see the towel caught in the door that was on the seat that is trying to minimise me being a "sweaty arsed truckie" Lol. Off to Telfer and Shay Gap we go. :thumbsu:

My brother said on his uni trip to the States they left for somewhere in the middle of the night on a remote highway when the lecturer drove the bus for quite a few minutes before someone actually even noticed something was wrong and goes "Umm.. hey aren't sitting on the wrong side of the road?!".

I can drink beer with either hand . Sometimes with the left hand I miss a little and dribble it on my shirt but I manage to get most of it in my mouth.